“#1 hotel in Riverside”

Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the best hotel in Riverside. Not just because of it location or amenities but because of its customer service staff. Wow what a great staff, from the time I checked in to the time I drove away the staff was always there and ready to make this one of the best stays I have ever had in the Riverside area.

4  Thank robert t

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I thought it was overpriced (the Mission Inn was cheaper) and we stayed one nite for a graduation commencement at UC Riverside. No valet, we had to pay for parking...amazing. Check in time was 3pm and our room wasn't ready until almost 4:30. I had made reservation 3 weeks earlier and chose this since the Mission Inn was booked. I asked for adjoining rooms, one with a king and one with 2 queens or fulls. Didn't get it anything we asked and our rooms couldn't have been further apart. Also, no soap...a small vial of hand soap for hands and shower, just didn't cut it. Had to go buy soap. The room was just as nice and clean as the one we had in Laughlin (same decor) that we paid $30 a nite. The only nice thing I can say is that the front desk luggage handlers were actually the best, friendly, helpful and genuinely nice people. Sadly, I won't be back.

1  Thank pottstikr
Hotel M, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest, I first would like to apologize that your room wasn't ready at time of check-in and that we were not able to accommodate your request for adjoining rooms. We do try our very best to meet the needs of all our guests but every so often we do fail. However, I'm happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service you were provided by our team members and that they were friendly, helpful and genuinely nice people. We pride ourselves on customer service and only wish to have a second chance to have you back as our guest in the near future. Please contact me directly to make your next reservation should you wish to return. Again, sorry you weren't 100% satisfied but I do appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Chad Thompson/General Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here as part of a road trip to move my brother-in-law and were very pleased with our stay. We drove in with a U-Haul and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us by allowing us to use the spot normally reserved for the Hotel Shuttle/Van so we could park the U-Haul. The lobby area is very nice, including a nice bar and restaurant area. The business center was in great shape, which I can't say about other Marriott properties I've stayed at recently. The room was really nice, clean, and quiet. The hotel is very close to good restaurant options as well. Overall, this is a great value and should be highly considered when staying in Riverside.

2  Thank Lobo1981

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your most recent visit. It was our pleasure to allow you to park your U-Haul truck in our shuttle area. We know sometimes parking large trucks can be an issue when traveling to different locations so I am happy that we could accommodate your parking needs. We are also happy that you liked our lobby area and our bar. I'm gald you noted our location to downtown restaurants as well because we also find that to be a great amenity for all our guests. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Kind Regards - Chad Thompson/General Manager.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were treated with respect and front desk manager Manny A was most helpful with directions to places we needed to go. He also was helpful when we needed food and help with a wheelchair.
Great manager.
We enjoyed our stay it was very comfortable,clean and quiet . Our was May 22,23.24, 2014

Room Tip: Higher floors have beautiful view of the Mts.
4  Thank Richard D
Hotel M, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Richard, sorry to hear about your loss and thank you for choosing Marriott Riverside to accommodate you during this difficult time. I am happy to hear that Manny our Front Office Supervisor was able to assit you with all of your needs. We take great pride in taking good care of all our guest and are also very sensitive to their needs. We hope to see you soon and hopefully under better circumstances for you and your family. Kind Regards, Chad Thompson/General Manager.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel all by itself is very nice, the rooms are clean and well furnished. The amenities and staff leave a lot to be desired. Most of the staff seems very friendly, but they do not really do their job well. This Marriott is also not very family friendly. The pool area was not clean at the time of our visit, there was trash, leaves, and bugs (not like it had just happened) floating in both the spa and the pool. While someone did eventually come tend to that, it was only after we had requested it. I reserved two adjoining rooms for one night and ended up being charged separately one room was charged correctly and the other was charged for an extra night. This situation still is not totally resolved as I have to wait to see if the charge is reversed on my card 3-5 business days later. This is not a cheap hotel, and I did not expect it to be, however, they nickel and dime you for everything. The majority of hotels now provide free wifi in rooms with reservations and a free breakfast of some sort, even if it's just pastries, but this Marriott charges a ridiculous amount for food, like it's gourmet, when it's not. And they charge daily for wifi access.These charges make what was a good rate in the beginning, not such a good rate any more. And something I rarely run across anymore, their military room rate is more expensive than their regular rate. I would say this hotel is great for business travelers or couples looking for a get away, but families should look elsewhere, like the Hilton Hotel chain for better treatment and amenities for families.

Room Tip: I wasn't offered the concierge level until I was already settled in the room, but possibly ask a...
1  Thank vegasmindy

Dear Valued Guest, I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied during your stay at Marriott Riverside. I want you to know that I value all of my guest feedback and have noted your comments below which I will be sharing with my team members. I will also make sure that accounting has corrected the charge on your credit card for mistakenly charging your for an extra night. Again, I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay and should you wish to contact me please feel free to call me on my direct line. 951-786-7108. Kind Regards, Chad Thompson/General Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had an extended stay for over 1 week . The hotel had everything , nice bar , restaurant and really good room service breakfast. They also had a standout front desk employee , Trey, who went above and and beyond every time to make my stay comfortable . I will differently stay again.

Room Tip: Just let Trey at the front desk know what you need
5  Thank Sid H

Dear Valued Guest, I first would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I'm delighted that you liked our hotel, bar, restaurant, and room service breakfast. It's also nice to hear that you were happy with the service provided by Trey at the front desk. He is an outstanding employee and will alway go over and beyond the call of duty to ensure guest satisfaction. We look forward to having you back soon! All the best, Chad Thompson/General Manager.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've worked two days a week in the area since February and I cannot find a good reason to stay anywhere else. The service is top-notch, the staff is friendly, and the accommodations are quite comfortable. In addition to that, the rates are great whether you're staying one night or several. My favorite things to do to relax while I am here are to hit the pool and the concierge level balcony. The views are great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank PlatinumStatusOrBust

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you were satisfied with the service provided by our team members. We take great pride to ensure guest satisfaction and based on your comments it sounds like we have just done that. I'm gald you liked the views from our concierge lounge, it is also my favorite place to look at the sky line and city lights. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon. Best, Chad Thompson/General Manager