“Amazing service, and I have very high expectations”

Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I experienced some of the best service I've EVER experienced throughout my years of traveling. Brandie was amazing! She had so much passion and excitement for her job as if it were her first day, but that clearly wasn't the case - as evidenced by her efficiency and strategizing to handle the entire floor all while making each of us feel like we were her only clients. She delivered before her deadline with each room service delivery, she called to check on my business associate who was a few rooms down the hall - because she mentioned she sprained her ankle, and she did it all with a smile... Even at unruly hours in the morning.

I'm manage Operations for a multi-million dollar travel management company, so my standards are inevitably high. I expect excellence at every customer touch point, and being fairly well-traveled (for business and leisure) I have stayed at many hotels and on many cruise ships. It is no exaggeration when I say this was the best I've ever been treated.

Generally when I stay at hotels where there's a lot of traffic for business travelers (e.g. near Convention Centers) I expect to get "okay" service. Not excellent, not less than, but just "okay". After all, I'm only in my room to sleep & my days are filled with meetings. Brandie and her team made me feel like I was on vacation when I was between meetings.

Quite honestly, if Brandie lived near my office, and if it wasn't unethical of course - I would have offered her a position on the spot. She is the kind of person who defines excellence, and I really believe happy employees like Brandie are the reason why high client retention rates/repeats and referrals exist.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Riverside area; specifically anyone needing a room near the Convention Center. It's literally across the grass, so there's no need to drive or worry about commuting.

Lastly, I'd like to make this clear - this is the first review I've written on TripAdvisor. Clearly, this is a testament to the great service I experienced. I am one of those people who hardly share feedback, especially when all goes well. Admittedly, I'm guilty of the "no news is good news". However, I could not let my recent stay go unnoticed.

Thank you to Brandie, Brandie's supervisor Jeromey, and the rest of the Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center team for a great stay.

Room Tip: When we checked in, the kind gentleman asked "would you like a room with a refrigerator and a m...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you Daren for your kind words. And thank you for not stealing Brandie away from us. She is a well polished gem that we would love to hold onto as long as we can!

I hope we will see you again!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

perfect for walking around downtown, right next to the convention center. They retain their staff for a long time, which is a sign of great management. They make everything easy, beautiful restaurant and nicely appointed rooms. I really wish they would put outlets in the bedside lights, there's no easy way to plug in your charger, but this is a beef I have with many hotels.

Rooms were spotless. Very nice concierge lounge with a balcony overlooking the town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Riverside and taking the time to share your experience. We recently began a project of installing outlets on the side of the nightstands next to the beds. This will be an added convenience for our guests.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This Marriott is the best chain hotel in the Riverside area. The staff are kind (and granted a room upgrade on my birthday!) and the benefits are as expected for a Marriott elite guest (free Internet, lounge access, etc). Parking was also included in our specific rate.
I've stayed here for over a month now and really enjoy the hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014
Hotel M, Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We take great strides to ensure that our guests are cared for and valued. I'm glad you were able to enjoy an upgrade on your birthday. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Certainly, the staff was very good, very welcoming and most helpful. After waking at 2:30AM for a flight, we were really hoping to check in early so we could collapse… They found a room for us, hours in advance of check-in; we were most appreciative! Beds comfy, sheets nice, but duvet was noisy - kind of rustled when you moved. The 2 disappointing features were that there was a $9.95 cost for dial-up internet and $16.95 for high speed. Really? Don't most hotels now offer this as part of their stay? I believe most hotels (even of varying prices) provide this to guests with no added fee. The other item missing was a refrigerator which we find rather convenient - (when present). Location, however, was very good. Close to the Mission Inn food/shopping area. A lovely farmers' market was there on Saturday. Oh, there is also a parking fee of $10/night, too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm glad to hear we were able to accommodate your early arrival. We strive to ensure our guests are cared for and have a wonderful stay.

I will share your feed back on your areas of concern with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve on our guest experiences. Next time your return, ask for a room on the higher floors where we do have refrigerators in the rooms.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The staff at the Marriott know how to take care of their customers from the moment they arrive right through to departure. Every member of staff is attentive and welcoming to guests. The rooms are kept to the highest standards. Location is within walking distance of many good restaurants and the hotel itself all also offers good food and a friendly bar to relax at. Pool and Gym are also at a high standard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to to share your expereince. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

While on business in CA this week I stayed a night at the Riverside Marriott. This is a nice property with a great location. Close to everything downtown. The property is spotless, the staff very friendly, and the room above average Marriott room. What I enjoyed most was the concierge patio. The lounge is on the top floor and has a small but nice outside patio overlooking the city and surrounding mountains. I was able to enjoy by breakfast sitting outside on a cool morning. Great start to the day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Carl,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our concierge lounge is certainly a great place to start your day or to unwind in the evening while enjoying the views from the 12th floor. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future reservations.

Thank you.

951-786-7117

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight and the front desk provided excellent service. Manny made sure the room we stayed in was accommodating to our family. Justine also provided excellent service when we checked out. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you Manny and Justine!

Stayed: August 2014
Hotel M, Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with Manny and Justine.