“Helpful staff”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
“Helpful staff”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

After being evacuated from the fire, there were no rooms to be found any where near Idyllwild. My Mom found this hotel and was treated very kindly by the staff and they allowed her to stay with her 2 dogs. It met her needs and she was grateful for the nice staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
gmca775, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear DSMcNamara,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I do hope that you are well and your dogs are happy in their new home.

We thank you for your kind words about our staff, we do strive to make our guest stay a wonderful experience.

Again thank you for your kind words.

Regards
Danny Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lufkin, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I had made a reservation at this hotel. When I arrived, I realized it had outside corridors, accessible stairways, etc. I asked to see a room. After staying most of the summer at Choice Hotel properties, I could not bring myself to stay there. He assured me it was safe because there was an elevator. However, the elevator is accessed from outside the office and there is a stairway right next to the elevator. As I was looking around, I saw a very mediocre room, a very dirty parking lot, corners that were repaired with duct tape and in short, a mess! It cost me about $30 more to go to another property for the night and it was well worth it! As a woman traveling alone, this was just not an option.

Room Tip: Can't give you a tip on choosing a good room. Probably all the same!
Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
7/31/13

Dear Mrs. Judi92315,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about our hotel.
I do apologize that you had to cancel your reservation with our hotel because we could not meet with your level satisfaction.
I have spoken to the housekeeping and maintenance staff in regards to the cleanliness issues and repairs.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback. It provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve services we offer our guest. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Sincerely
Danny Patel, GM
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have never been in such a disgusting hotel in my entire life. The list of deficiencies is as follows: no smoke detector, mold under the closet, large red stains all over the chair, stained sink & phone & mattress (probably from red wine), the hairdryer and all the decor were from the late 70's or early 80's, the washroom exhaust fan was non functional and open, the tv was from the 80's and only displayed red and blue, the tv converter had no battery cover so the batteries were held in by scotch tape, the breakfast was pathetic and laid out in what used to be a vacant suite. I left my baggage in the car for the night because I was afraid of bringing home cockroaches or bed bugs. I didn't see either but I was just taking precautions.There was barbed wire in behind the building to keep the riff-raff out as it was in a "not so nice" area. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone, not even my worst enemies. I will upload photos later.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
san diego, ca
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is a 2 star hotel - what a joke. It makes Motel 6 look like a 3 star hotel. We were given room #211 - it was unbelievably DIRTY. Mirrored closed doors were cracked AND ready to fall out. Chair was so stained and dirty you wouldn't dare sit down, Walls had significant damage and were being repaired by taping wallpaper over protruding drywall. No smoke detectors, IT WAS DANGEROUS TO STAY HERE. Everything was dirty!

When I approached Shane at the front desk he stated there was nothing he could do about it since they were booked to capacity. I then asked him to review the room with me. He was embarassed and said he didn't realize it was that bad. Suddenly he had a room on the 4th floor which was equal to a Motel 6. It was a definite improvement but only a 1 star rating.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
SoCal
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed one night with two friends and we moved some stuff around in the room (NOTE: moved not damaged in any way). Next thing I know I have a $100 charge on my card (aside from what I paid for the room itself), I disputed the charge with the manager and he would not refund more than $50, so I took it and disputed the remaining $50 with my credit card (mind you he admits nothing was broken but claims he had to hire someone to move everything back where it was) then he calls me to come and discuss the matter in person - when I arrived, he pulled a gun and threatened to shoot me (literally) the authorities were called and I, for one, will gladly sleep on the sidewalk before I ever step foot in this place again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
gmca775, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you for your comments. I did not have a gun and your accusation are false. I hope you find other lodging where you can remove items off wall and place furniture and pictures in their jacuzzi tubs. I know you said you were drunk but that is not an excuse for your actions.
Quinton, Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed for 4 nights. Got off to a bad start when attempted to take my luggage using the elevator. The cleaning staff held it up on the 2nd floor, then when it finally arrived, it still had their laundry shuttles in the elevator. There wasn't any room to board with my rolling luggage. The room wasn't too bad, a lot of little things wrong with it (e.g. missing stopper in sink, large black smudge on the sheets of one of the beds that was never replaced during my stay, etc.) First morning went to continental breakfast, and there was no coffee. Not much food left either, so I just went out. Several nights had very noisy neighbors and slamming doors. I was in town for business. The room rate was not expensive, so I guess this is more like an economy hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Booked reservation and paid 317 at check-in for 4 night stay. paid with credit card in full. found a pending charge on credit card statement next morning put through by hotel itself, to cover "potential damages". the charge was 123. nothing was explained at check in, which is deceitful. and, how can one charge for something that hasn't happened and won't. it's highway robbery. now my credit card is tied up for days. most importantly, the deceptive business practice is illegal, and what kind of people stay here that this kind of extravagant non-fee must be accrued. why should i, a decent law abiding business traveller be punished for the acts of others?

Room Tip: ask about this 40% surcharge before you actually check in. you might change your mind and find a pla...
Stayed July 2012, travelled on business