“You'll love this place”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed @ this hotel many time's & will continue to do so , Great price & the room's are very comfortable. Continental breakfast is very good. Staff here are the greatest especially " Joyce " Thank you so much for all your help.

Room Tip: I tend to alway's get one close to lobby & king size bed,
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words Alvaro. We appreciate you continuing to come back to stay with us. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is close to my son, breakfast is good we have stayed here three times

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank JELewis53
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I had to stay in this motel while traveling for work, alone, and I have never been so scared. First, when I checked in there was a scene going on in the lobby with a couple who was obviously loaded on drugs and who were trying to convince the clerk to let them stay another night even though they didn't have any money. The motel clerk was clearly shaken up and said "OMG" to me. Even though the rooms are pretty nice, it is relatively inexpensive, and I saw a number of drug people living in the motel. When I went to check out, one was standing in the parking lot, smoking, no shirt, cornrows, and stared at me from behind some bushes the entire time I was loading stuff into my car. It was terrifying.

This area is completely unsafe - it is surrounded by "projects" and there are crowds of druggies standing on the street at night waving their arms around and yelling. I ventured to the Rite Aid early in the evening (1 block from motel), and thought it would be OK because there were security guards with golf carts chasing the druggies out of the parking lot. I parked right in front of the front door, and thought I could just run in and out. However, when I walked out the door one of them had been hiding behind the pillar and jumped out at me as I passed, saying something and coming at me as I jumped into the car.

My advice is do not go to Riverside, it is not worth risking your life.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Ostara864
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Stayed here for one night and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is semi-walkable from the Amtrak station (~1.5miles) and less than 0.5 miles from the UC Riverside campus. Location right next to the Marriot. There are several good restaurants in walking distance, as well as a Food4Less grocery store around the block. Very quiet. Very affordable. Very comfortable bed. Vigorous shower pressure. Good breakfast with boiled eggs, bananas, apples,...
Tip: if you have lots of luggage, ask for a room on the 1st floor, as there is no elevator at this property.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank usuallyhappytravels
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel for about 5 days. The front desk staff was excellent. We were unable to fly to Atlanta, Ga, due to the weather. When our flight was cancelled, we decided to go back to Riverside and stay, instead of staying in LA. We were treated wonderful, and the front desk staff was very accomodating of our needs. The rooms were very clean and the location was great. My hat is off to the staff of Comfort Inn in Riverside. I don't know the young man's name that checked us in that morning, but he is a godsend. Thanks again for making us feel at home.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank carolbeckleywv
Reviewed 6 November 2010

The lobby was a fun place to be on a Friday night; a guitarist was entertaining, basketball was on, and 3 types of pizza, lemonade, and coffee were served. The wireless in the room didn't work so I went to the desk to get a plug in but decided to use the wireless set up in the lobby that worked, and was very pleasant rather than solo in the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2009

My home away from home for 2 nights a week last fall due to my work. Sure it's not located in a resort area or out in the country (it's in the city, get a grip!), but I found the staff friendly, professional and responsive to my needs; the rooms (complete with microwave and refrigerator) comfortable, the beds 'heavenly' (yes...really), and the breakfast convenient and varied.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank aamorris
CIRiverside, Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2009

Excuse the delay in responding as we just learned this feature. Your comments about our hotel and staff are most appreciated. We strive to be friendly and help all our guests and glad that we provided you with the service you needed.