“Excellent Value”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Springfield, Oregon
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We selected this motel for 3 nights to attend granddaughter's orientation at UC-Riverside as it is a very convenient location to the university. Our ground-floor unit was clean and very functional and fairly well maintained. The queen bed was great. The sleeper sofa, however, was not suitable for sleep. The sleeper mattress was very thin and not adequately supported. Our granddaughter slept on the sofa using the sleeper bedding. It worked OK. Other than this situation, the motel is very adequate and a great value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with us. Since we're only a few blocks from the UC Riverside campus, we get a lot of guests who stay with us for UC Riverside related activities. Aside from some room quality issues, I'm glad your overall stay was a positive one. I want all of my guests to have a comfortable stay, so I appreciate the detailed comment you left. There have been a few sofa beds that were recently replaced due to old age. The one that was used during your stay could have quite possibly been already replaced.

Once again I want to thank you for sharing your experience. I hope you consider staying with us the next time you're in the Riverside area. If you have any further comments, do not hesitate to contact me.

Daniel Yoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Upland, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was worried because it was late and I had to park a distance from my room. I was alone with my young Granddaughter! The desk clerk assured me that we would be fine and she would have a company employee meet us at my car and accompany us to our room! We had a comfortable night and had a great breakfast in the A.M. Thank You

Room Tip: I can't remember, Sorry!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We chose this hotel quickly by the stars on the hotel site and TripAdvisor without actually reading the reviews. For some reason although everyone seemed to have some problem they still gave high star ratings. As we drove up to the motel we were worried about the neighborhood. It seemed pretty run down with a lot of pedestrian traffic thru the property. The property did not remove our doubts. First impression - old truck stop. Complete with a large dirt truck parking lot with shipping containers used for storage. The motel itself is old motel style with individual outside entrances to each room. Entering the lobby we noticed an odd smell. Not a good sign. The good thing about this motel was the check in. The desk clerk was polite and helpful.

The room itself was big but it had problems. Almost every surface and piece of furniture was worn. It felt clean enough to spend a night in but more attention is needed to cleaning and reapairing/replacing. Lighting in the bathroom area is poor. The good news is that the bed, bedding and pillows were great and we got a great night's sleep.

Breakfast was another problem. There were only a handful of tables in the small lobby. Way too small for a hotel with about 120 rooms. The staff seemed to have a problem keeping food items stocked so our choices were limited.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here for one night, when I needed a decent room at a good price. Check in was fast and easy, they allow pets for an extra fee and there was enough sleeping area for my four children and I. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, and I felt fairly safe on the property. I have paid more for much less. This is a great place to stay if you need a stop that's not far from the freeways or if you are doing things in the area. Close to UCR, movies, fast food, downtown....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Indio, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have stayed at other Comfort Inns in the past but nothing like this one. Very clean ,quiet, the most comfortable king bed that I have ever slept on and the atmosphere of the room was very plush and comfy. We will definitely stay there again.

Green Features: Very Green friendly!!! The signs are on the bed to conserve by placing towels on rack for reuse. Soaps are environmentally friendly as the lotions and shampoos.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Estella,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Riverside in May and also for the kind words. I will let all of my staff know that their work was praised by you. I'm happy that you noticed our green ways and that you enjoyed our new bedding. If you have any further comments regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're in the Riverside area!

Madera, California
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The check in was Smooth.
the front desk girl was very friendly and professional. When You Consider The Price , Location And Cleanliness You Can't Go Wrong. I Have Paid Much More For Much Less. I Would Recommend This Hotel And Would Stay Again.

• Stayed March 2014
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If you have any further comments, do not hesitate to give me a call. I hope you come stay with us again the next time you're in Riverside.

Twentynine Palms, California
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here the night before surgery at Riverside community hospital. The desk clerk was very nice and the hotel gave me a discount when I mentioned that I was checking in to the hospital the next morning (YAY). My wife and I found the room comfortable if a bit on the small side. Parking was right outside the door. The air conditioner was one of the noisy under window models and gets the usual low marks as a result. I have to point out that this hotel uses those little tiny pillows that allow them to say they provide them without concern for tenant comfort. I did not have time to enjoy the breakfast so I won't include it here. Our stay was pleasant but unremarkable and I would recommend this property to a friend.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the property seem quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rodney B
CIRiverside, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hi Rodney,

Thank you very much for leaving an overall positive review on your recent stay with us. I wanted to let you know that we actually have plans in place to upgrade our bedding. We will be upgrading our blankets, sheets, bed skirts, and yes even the pillows! We will offer both soft and firm pillows, as well as an oversized pillow in our single King bed rooms. These changes will take into effect by January 2014. I hope you choose to stay with us again, so you can enjoy these new upgrades. Hopefully you have time to enjoy our hot breakfast too!