“Accomodating to my room requests, clean”

Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Stayed for the 3rd time at this hotel May 2 - 4th. I called ahead and asked for a room far from elevator and stairs and was no problem. Room was on quiet end of 5th floor. Nice sunset views (even if overlooking the open land and comfort inn next door), you can still see palms and mountains!
Stayed again for business, only few miles from the manufacturing plant on Columbia. Easy commute.
Management is changing, another frequent visitor advised they may try to spruse the place up a bit. While clean, it is tired and fixtures need replacing.
Did not eat this time in the local eateries. I drove about 10 mins over to downtown Riverside and dined at Las Campanas at the Mission Inn. Will review separately, worth the visit, a little steep for the food quality but very quaint outside dining available.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank KKJACKS
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Hello KKJacks,

I truely appreciate your reviews of my hotel. The next time you are in Riverside and choose to stay at the Courtyard I would to say hello and express my appreciation to your loyalty to our brand.

The hotel is continuing to improve so please do not hesitate to ask about any upcoming updates.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

I arrived around 10 pm, tired and ready for sleep. The check-in process could not have been faster. Clearly they were expecting me, had a room pre-assigned exactly according to my specifications, and in not more than 15 seconds, I was on my way up the elevator. Kudos to the check-in process. Everything else is standard Courtyard, albeit a bit dated as per other reviews. But I had a good night's sleep, and everything went well.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mshbnyehud

Hello mshbnyehud,

Thank you so much for your review. My staff strives to make our guests comfortable during their stay. I am glad that we were able to get you off to bed quickly after a long exhausting day of travel.

We are working on our hotel updates. By the end of July we will have ugraded our cable package so that during your evening you may be entertained with a wide verity of premium channels.

Reviewed 9 July 2010

This is an average Courtyard. It has some age on it and is need of fresh update. It is not bright and fresh. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are quiet. Bathrooms are clean. It is the old style with vanity outside of actual bathroom. The breakfast is mediocore. Better to eat out. Decent rate and friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I stayed here for four nights with my extended family to attend my nephew's graduation from UC Riverside. We picked it because it is near the university. We got a rate of $84 weekends and $114 for the weekdays. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. I liked the extremely comfortable bed, I got a good sleep every night.

On departure I pulled back the sheets to have a look at the quilted mattress as it was so comfortable. The free wireless internet is great, not many properties offer this. Good to take the ipod and check emails. The breakfast was a very decent standard, however not included in the price. It was $10 for breakfast and they will cook you a huge omelette how you like it. Those omelette could do two people.

There are some food places next door in the about 5 minutes walk.

All in all I was very pleased with the stay at this hotel considering the reasonable rate you can get, the helpful staff and the cleanliness of the place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank yeowon
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Was here for over 12 days and the staff really tried to accommodate us. The breakfast area was great, comfortable & set apart and restuarant like, not just in the lobby like some places. Good menu. the pool was small but adequate. they had a guest laundry area, no complaints there. Fitness room was small but adequate. Staff was friendly. after 5 days they put families with kids near us, and they ran up & down the hall playing knock on your door games with each other and talking loudly. We asked to be moved to another floor, and they did. The beds were really really hard. My husband who never complains said that his back hurt so we went and got memory foam toppers from a walmart. (We left them with our son who was staying for college at the end of our stay )The immediate area around the hotel was OK, there is a CVS and some stores within walking distance and a steak house & a Co-Co's restaurant nearby. We did a bit of walking for exercise and weren't feeling overly safe in the outer perimeter of the hotel. We got an extended stay rate so I can't complain about price. The fridge was cramped and didn't work great. The Room curtains weren't that efficient at blocking early morning light. The air conditioning unit was OK and not too loud. If we come again, we will try the Dynasty suites a block away ...the hard beds...too big a deal !

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2010

This place does the trick. Nothing really notable about the place, which is exactly what I needed - a place to sleep in a clean comfortable environment. I was hoping to have some dining options within walking distance, but a short car ride takes you any number of places. The staff is helpful and offered a complimentary drink even though I am only silver level.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Business trip - 3 nights
I had to work up near Iowa and Columbia streets in Riverside for 5 days early December. Stayed at this place and it only took 5 mins to get to the plant from University, which is where this hotel is located.
The hotel was very clean. I do not know what happened my third night, the vacuuming of the halls was going on up to 9 pm at night. That was the only time this happened. Regardless, the room was clean. The door knob to the bathroom seemed like it had been old, or replaced, just struck me odd. The bathroom was a bit dark and the sink area was not big enough.
Fitness room - used it everynight. Free weights and 2 treadmills, bike and eliptical. Adequate, HOWEVER, every day I had to ask them to adjust the air conditioning. Seemed like the whole lobby area on down the hall to the fitness room was hot. But they quickly adjusted it and put a fan in there as well.
Staff - very helpful with food recommendations.
I walked 1 block up to Cask n Cleaver one night, then walked to the Templo del Sol (I think) mexican place one night. I drove about 2 miles to Cia Bella which was not worth it, even though the food was good - service was HORRID. Maybe because I was a single ? Who knows? For breakfast, IHOP is about 1 1/2 blocks away, you could walk or drive.
Overall, this hotel served my purpose, close to work, clean and felt safe. Not exactly TONS of eating places right nearby, but worked out for me just fine.
Never stayed in a courtyard before; thought it may have been a little bit nicer than it was, but was okay. no free breakfast. They have a dining room though for it (probably overpriced) and have a bar in the evenings Check out farmerboys on iowa, good food!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business