“Scary place to stay.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
michigan
“Scary place to stay.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

The room was neat and the staff was friendly and helpful. That is the only nice thing I can say about this hotel. Our water went out nearly every day and the police regularly patrolled the parking lot. We had phone calls to our room in the middle of the night asking for money. The location isn't too bad, if you want to visit a bunch of strip malls. I was there for two miserable weeks and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
riverside,ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

I go to this Motel every year. My recent trip was in March 2009. This is a very good place to stay. It is convenient and reasonable in price. The breakfast each morning is amazing. My room had a TV,Microwave and a refrigerator. The rooms are clean and customer service is awesome! I would recommend everyone to stay in this Motel. It was my one of my best stay!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank sharingkapoting
Queretaro, MEXICO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2008

I was looking for a economical, safe and clean place to stay in Riverside. I was there to help my daughter settle into college at California Baptist University. The places on Cal Baptist's website that they suggest to stay are all too expensive for my budget. As I was going to be staying there alone, I wanted to make sure it was safe above all. (maybe that sounds wimpy, but I'm used to always staying in a hotel with my family!) This definitely is not a four star hotel, but it met all my criteria for a good night's sleep.
The room itself was spotless, but overall the property looks like it has not been updated in some time. The hallway going up the stairs to the room was dirty, but it could be because someone spilled something in the hall and it had not been checked for a few hours. Hard to tell. My remote control in the room needed new batteries, but I never called to tell them. I had one of the biggest rooms they had at a good price because it was late when I checked in.
I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. There were newspapers available in the lobby. There was a continental breakfast - coffee and pastries, included.
I would stay there again because it was economical and right down the road from the college.

• Liked — Friendly staff and location
  • Disliked — Kind of old
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank youngmex
Sebastopol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2008

We needed a room for three days so we could attend student/parent orientation at UC Riverside for our daughter. We needed to find accommodations that were reasonable. We read the reviews done previously but decided to take a chance since the rate was so good. We found the hotel to be clean. The staff was friendly and very professional. The pool is small but clean with perfect water temperature. We were very pleased at our stay. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave. Thank you Econo lodge.

• Liked — the rate we paid for the room
  • Disliked — room was small
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Oscar0580
ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2008

great value at right price , great staff n location , nice comfortable beds , will visit soon evey time

Stayed May 2007
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2007

Room had a really bad odor....cleaniness was okay but could be better, pillows seemed old and needed to be replaced. Toward the end of the night there were some really loud guests that woke me up and I complained to the front desk they did not do anything about it. Staff were careless about our stay I would never stay at this location even if I was offered to stay free!

• Liked — Nothing everything was horrible
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
stockton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2006

this is simply the worst hotel I have ever seen. I checked into the hotel, the room was filthy and smelled horribly. I checked out 2 hours later and went to a hotel down the street. when I checked out and complained. I was told maybe they were not the place for me. NO KIDDING! I would not reccommend this hotel to my worst enemy. do not stay here, avoid it with a passion.

Stayed October 2006