“Worst hotel EVER- not worth one star and I would give it a negative star if I could!!! Do not stay here!”

Riverside Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Checked into this hotel when in town for a wedding. Horrible smell in the room when we quickly walked in so we tried to mask the smell with a candle that we bought at a nearby supermarket. Upon closure inspection dirty carpet, dirty bathroom and hair on the towel in the bathroom from someone. The absolute worst is that we saw through the sheet that there was a huge blood stain on the mattress- no question from some sort of crime. After arguing with the front desk who would not give us a refund on the place (nor seemed shocked that we thought someone had been murdered in our room at some point), we checked out in the POURING RAIN and drove down the street to another hotel. There were police in the parking lot- obviously crime is an issue.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cali_11
There are newer reviews for Riverside Inn and Suites

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Keeping in mind that it's a value hotel, it's actually not a really bad place to stay. My biggest problem was that the Wi-Fi was quite slow, but considering it was free it just boils down to "you get what you pay for". It also would have been nice if the RCA inputs on the TV worked so we could attach our DVD player. The reefer was cold, the water was hot, and the continental breakfast was actually fairly tasty. When we asked for additional pillows, they were provided. We did have a bar of soap left over from the previous guests but aside from that, housekeeping was spot on. If you need snacks I'd highly recommend heading across the street to "Nice Liquor & Video", the store is a bit of a mess, but the owner is a really friendly guy.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Stayed at the Econo Lodge on April 22nd, and was very happy with room. Of course, we knew we were staying in a budget motel, so didn't expect a 4 star place. But the service was good, the room large and clean, used the WiFi, no problems, and it was fast. Breakfast was basic, but good. Since we were going to Castle Park, the location was excellent, close to the freeway and the mall. Also drove to the San Manuel Indian Casino, about a 30 minute drive from the Motel. The in-room Fridge and Microwave also came in handy.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Darkbeer
Reviewed 25 March 2010

This was one of 3 hotels we stayed at during our Spring Break vacation, and this one was great! The service was wonderful, the room was clean and the price was excellent! I will definitely recommend the Econo Lodge in Riverside to all my friends & family who plan trips there, and I will most definitely stay here again! Aloha & Mahalo!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AndigirlHawaii
Reviewed 19 February 2010

The room was neat and the staff was friendly and helpful. That is the only nice thing I can say about this hotel. Our water went out nearly every day and the police regularly patrolled the parking lot. We had phone calls to our room in the middle of the night asking for money. The location isn't too bad, if you want to visit a bunch of strip malls. I was there for two miserable weeks and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I go to this Motel every year. My recent trip was in March 2009. This is a very good place to stay. It is convenient and reasonable in price. The breakfast each morning is amazing. My room had a TV,Microwave and a refrigerator. The rooms are clean and customer service is awesome! I would recommend everyone to stay in this Motel. It was my one of my best stay!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank sharingkapoting
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I was looking for a economical, safe and clean place to stay in Riverside. I was there to help my daughter settle into college at California Baptist University. The places on Cal Baptist's website that they suggest to stay are all too expensive for my budget. As I was going to be staying there alone, I wanted to make sure it was safe above all. (maybe that sounds wimpy, but I'm used to always staying in a hotel with my family!) This definitely is not a four star hotel, but it met all my criteria for a good night's sleep.
The room itself was spotless, but overall the property looks like it has not been updated in some time. The hallway going up the stairs to the room was dirty, but it could be because someone spilled something in the hall and it had not been checked for a few hours. Hard to tell. My remote control in the room needed new batteries, but I never called to tell them. I had one of the biggest rooms they had at a good price because it was late when I checked in.
I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. There were newspapers available in the lobby. There was a continental breakfast - coffee and pastries, included.
I would stay there again because it was economical and right down the road from the college.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo