Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
US$168
US$154
Residence Inn Roseville(Roseville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthunder valley casinostayed herebedroom kingindoor pool and jacuzzistove topfree weightslaundry facilityevening appetizersmini kitchenliving areawedding partyfree breakfastclean hotelcoffee makereasy accessgood sizeconvenient location
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Very difficult to get to. You have to drive thru a shopping center as the hotel is in the back of the center and no other way to get to the hotel. Hotel site offers directions but still after following them it was difficult. GPS says you have arrived but you are on the street in front of the shopping center and "lost". I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights for a golf trip for 6 guys. Check in desk was very efficient and handled us all very well. The breakfast buffet was very good. Evening light repast left something to be desired. Maybe I am used to Residence Inns but the evening food was not up to par. The beer and wine refreshments were freely available (not rationed) and we had a good time. The social area is quite cramped however is there are many people participating. Room was excellent. Beds were firm and very good. The living room and kitchen are nice and well stocked however they didn't leave any coffee for the second morning. The pool is nice and the spa is excellent. Everything is well maintained in the pool area. The tile around the spa seemed slippery when wet and I would advise one to be very careful. Same with the bathroom tile around the shower. Main gripe from all 3 rooms (on 2nd floor) was the water pressure in the shower. Very poor pressure. Asked about it at the desk and was told they had no complaints and would have maintenance look into it. Some of us checked out the night before we left and everything went smoothly. The other members tried to check out the next morning at 6:30am after a quick breakfast and the gentleman at the desk said he couldn't check us out until 7am because of company policy and the auditor. Didn't understand this but he was firm in his refusal. We had to wait till 7am to check out. Poor business practice if this is really company policy. Overall the place is average but not excellent like other Staybridges I am familar with.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear saintbernard,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided at our property. I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you experienced following the direction to the hotel as well as the inconvenience during check out. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I was staying in Rocklin for a work meeting, and wanted something close to where I'd be working for a few days. I ended up renting a suite for less than $100/day. The room itself was really nice. Couch, large flat screen TV and a desk made up the living area. There was a full kitchen with all the utensils and supplies you'd need should you choose to bring in your own food. I just used the teapot. The bedroom had another large flat screen, a nice size closet and nightstands on either side of the bed. There was a large shower with great water pressure- but the floor was SOAKED after I got out.

The hotel also did hot/cold breakfast with a waffle machine-that's what's up! They also have happy hour-type events like a nacho bar that I didn't get to check out.

The hotel is located in the back of a shopping center, but doesn't feel strip mall-esque on the inside. I'd definitely stay again if I was in the area for longer than a day or two.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving, and loved everything about it. They allow pets, they have a terrific happy hour with enough appetizers to consider it dinner. The free breakfast in the morning includes eggs, breakfast meat, waffles, oatmeal, pastries, etc etc. The pool and hot tub were perfect for my daughter to splash in, and all the employees were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This is the first Staybridge Suites that I've stayed at, and it is wonderful. I'm in hotels 250+ nights per year so I'm very critical. The room was clean and fresh, as were the common areas. The fitness room is adequate - pretty standard as hotels go. No free weights, but not many hotels have those. There is a Crunch Fitness within walking distance that may be an option. As with many hotels the walls are a bit thin, but a call to the front desk to complain about noise next door was addressed immediately.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The room was really clean and fresh so I rated the place excellent. Clean is the most important part to me. Hard to find behind a shopping center (which I like myself because you won't hear street traffic. and HWY traffic was not a problem at all with AC On. Half of the front staff is nice and half are ok. If you try to buy late night snacks make sure you get your change back correctly. The guy made mistakes twice. If your staying here for Thunder Valley Casino. Get a room at the casino. They are a lot nicer. The only problem is thunder valley is always booked. You got to do it a week in advanced. The shopping center that the hotel is behind is one of my favorite. Lots of things to do, good resturants, theater, rc willy, sports man warehouse, Starbucks and More.

• Stayed: August 2012