Anatolian Table
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have eaten at the Anatolian Table three times this past year--the most recent time in August. Superb and friendly service, absolutely mouth-watering entrees, and a festive, authentic Turkish decor combine to make this a consistent winner. The Kebabs of any variety are very well spiced and the salads, yogurt, and appetizers are also good. I recommend both the sampler appetizer plate for large parties, and the sample kebab plate for those wanting to taste all major entrees in one sitting. My sister, who has visited Turkey and eaten at street cafes and sit-down restaurants, says the food is authentic and not at all Americanized. Let me not forget to laud the Baklava, and their Turkish tea and coffee, as perfect additions to your immersion in Turkish cuisine!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was on a business trip and was looking for something different. I have never had Turkish food and found it solo delicious. The waiter was very patient, explained the menu, and recommended some dishes. We had the appetizer with all the different types of sauces, the section of kebabs with mixed meats (lamb was my favorite) with a delicious green salad. We even tried some Turkisk wine which was crisp and refreshing! Can't wait for another business trip to Rocklin. Waiter told us there was belly dancing on the weekends. Good value and exquisite tastes.

1  Thank nsnac
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've been to Turkey and loved the food. After four visits to this restaurant I can say this is quality good food that is consistently superb. The chicken dishes, humus, salad -- all are wonderful. Service is attentive and polite. And the décor is eye candy. Can't say enough about this place!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

The owner/chef first opened Anatolian Table in Rocklin, and now has opened a second site in Midtown Sacramento. Formerly a tea room, the Sacramento location has not been remodeled yet, so there was essentially no ambience, nondescript tables and chairs, with glaring fluorescent lighting. The food, on the other hand was excellent. We have been to Turkey and the flavors were genuine. We let the owner/chef prepare us a meal that was fit for a sultan. We had the shepherd salad, mixed appetizer plate, consisting of seven different selections, including tasty hummus, house made yogurt, tahini (smoked eggplant), feta cheese with olives, and a mint flavored selection that were all perfect for dipping with house baked pita bread. We also had the sigara boregi which was a phyllo dough pastry stuffed with feta cheese. The entrees included the Anatolian ozel (mixed kebabs: lamb, meatballs, chicken); chicken casserole with mixed veggies and rice; and lamb hunkar (cubes of lamb served over smoked eggplant). If the owner follows through with the construction of booths, change in lighting, and appropriate decoration, he will have a first-rate ethnic restaurant in a growing, fun area of Sacramento.

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

I've been to Turkey several times, and this food is the real deal. The service was fantastic. It's a little spendy, but well worth it. If you haven't tried lamb in yogurt sauce, trust me, it's very good. (don't make a face, you'll love it)