Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This place is so dirty and old. Lamps falling off walls. The box spring did not even fit the bed and frame was 4 inches bigger therefore you can cut yourself very easily. Staff did nothing to accomadate. This is a party hotel and huge dogs are allowed down halls, dining area and it stinks. $2.00 cheaper ten neighborhood hotel and so unworhty of savings. I will never stay in a Heritage again after this experience. Stinkkkkky.

Room Tip: Bring your own blankets, pillows and linens from home
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Montanins
Braham D, Manager at Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly (916) 632-3366

Reviewed 15 February 2012

i felt so at home there and the people at the front desk we wonderful. andie, kristina and dave where great and so helpful. the redid my keys so many time because i keep leaving my keys in the room and they never had a problem giving me a new key. i have stay there before and will keep coming back the only thing i miss is the hard boiled eggs. thanks for the wonderful stay

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do every thing possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (916) 632-3366

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed here after "winning" a room at this property Priceline by bidding a low amount. The hotel seemed a little sketchy, as I walked in two police cars were out front and two guests were exiting with their pit bulls to go for a smoke...the night had lots of noisy guests (doors slamming etc) at all hours.

It seems they have quite a few "extended stay" guests.

Overall the room was ok for the price, free wifi. If you face the highway there is a fair bit of noise unless the heater/AC is on.

If you just need a cheap place to sleep, this will do fine.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank baboonia

Reviewed 8 October 2011

I normally do not leave reviews but I just had to let everybody know about this hotel. The negative reviews below have to be false accusations, because I truly had decent time, at a low budget hotel and had no issues what so ever. First as I was checking in there were 2 very nice & lovely young ladies at the front 1 was a supervisor and the other seem to be training, both greeted my family and I with pleasent smiles & warm hello's. I requested the first floor which i was honored and they even gave me a complimentary upgrade into a newly renovated room. As i entered the room, although the bedding seemed outdated style wise, this room still suited my family. It had 2 queen beds, a wet bar and fridge & microwave which came in handy later on when we heatedup our leftovers. Quite during the night, woke up in the morning and enjoyed the complimentary small breakfest, this was just enough for the family to eat and get on the road. At checkout, again greeted by the same nice front desk supervisor, she even encouraged us to book through their own website for additonal deals. Overall, even though the hotel isnt the Hilton, the accomidations were fine, the staff was great and I definitly would return & recommend.

Room Tip: I was on the freeway side, a bit noisy if you are not use to the noise, opt to choose different side...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We have stayed here several times---I wrote a review last time we visited but I want to emphasize again what a great bargain this is for the special five day rate which is $40 per night including tax. We had a very clean, large king room with frig and micro, free wifi. Nice breakfast with waffles, yogurt and hard boiled eggs in addition to cereal, fruit, etc. The desk personnel and housekeepers are very accommodating and pleasant. Not for luxury travelers but great for folks who want a clean, budget room. Hint--ask for a room facing away from Highway 80--much quieter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Highway 80---much quieter
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Braham D, Manager at Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I spent two weeks at the Heritage Inn Express in Rocklin, California.
Away from home, my hosts, General Manager Braham Dev and his team made this time bearable and at times even joyful: I rested peacefully from the tiredness of the road and found always a warm greeting as I returned to my room, always impecably arranged.
As I leave, I carry in my wallet pictures of my family and one more thing: Mr. Dev's card:
This is the place that comes closes to my home.

Roberto Dansie, PhD
World Traveller

Room Tip: Rooms in the north are quieter, the rooms on the second floor have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 August 2011

My daughter, granddaughter (7weeks old) and I travel from Salt Lake City, Utah - a twelve hour trip for the purpose of my mother's funeral, only to find out that the hotel clerk I spoke to on the phone regarding my reservations did not have our reservations correct and the room we wanted was already occupied. This is just the beginning of a horrible experience. After looking around a bit I should have left right then, but I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. The lobby looked as if someone was trying to decide what paint should go on the walls. But the paint patches had been there long enough to be dirty. Everything went downhill from there. I had already loaded our entire luggage on a bellman's cart. The assistant manager, Harold Lusk, still tried to accommodate us by showing me a room. The cart was falling apart, which made it difficult to maneuver up to the second floor. The elevator and hallways on the way to the first room was stifling - no air conditioning in July. I entered the first dark, hot room - knowing that we had to use the refrigerator for baby food (we were paying extra for the refrigerator). I opened it, and it smelled like someone had vomited in it. It was not working properly. Then I notice the linens on the bed did not look clean. The air conditioner was not working properly in this already very hot room. I told the assistant manager we could not stay in this room. He showed me another room that was, in my opinion, no better. By now I was wondering if important things like smoke and fire alarms were in working order. With a brand new baby in my care I declined all of the rooms and returned to the desk to let them know we would not be staying. You would think that would be the end of the story. No. The next day I shared our experience with my husband on the telephone, telling him that we were now staying at a different hotel. He told me that the Heritage Inn had not only charged our checking account, but they had charged us for four nights. I had been assured before leaving there, the night before, that the entire stay had been reversed and there would not be any charge, since we did not stay even one night. After hearing that we had been charged for a four night stay I immediately went back to the Heritage Inn to demand that they refund my account. I was told by a different Asst. Manager - Verela Jennings, that they had not charged me. I told her I have Internet access to my account and I know for a fact that I was charge. She argued with me repeatedly. And I had to stand there and insist on her reversing it NOW! I also told her that I wanted a letter (in case I got home to Salt Lake and it had not been reversed) telling my bank that the charges were in error and needed to be reversed. I let the Assistant manager know that after having received their assurance, the evening before... that there would not be any charges and they went ahead and charged me any way... I was going to the Rocklin Police Department to report the theft. Not only was it a sad time for me but this experience just added salt to my wound.

Patti Koerner
West Jordan, Utah

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Patti K
Ella J, Front Office Manager at Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

First and foremost I want to start off by thanking Ms. Patty Koerner for her feedback on our establishment. We as a whole take into consideration everything that was entailed in her review. Unfortunately at your time of arrival, yes, we were trying to settle on a paint scheme for our lobby, which has been newly painted and has uplifted the setting beautifully. Our rooms and entire building do have working air conditioners, our rooms have energy efficient settings to where if there is no activity in any of the rooms there will be no air circulating until the thermostat is set and there is actual activity in the room. Sorry that this seemed as if we had improper working ac units. All of our smoke detectors, fire extinguishers in and out of the rooms & in hallways are checked periodically and tested regularly to ensure safety for our guests. I completely apologize if our check in procedures were unclear, we do only authorize you credit card upon check-in & at check out, charge your credit card for nights you stayed-nothing more; so I can assure you, and all reviewers that we take serious care in making sure that if you would like to cancel, we will reverse the authorization and after that it takes up to a maximum 10 business days to release from your bank as well. Once again, we DO NOT charge credit cards upon check-in, only authorize for entire stay plus $50 incidentals. I extend my sincere apologies that our establishment was not upheld to your standards, and have, since July 2011 given our property an internal facelift to accommodate the everyday traveler.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Rocklin Park Hotel
Rocklin Park Hotel
#6 of 6 in Rocklin

Been to Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin? Share your experiences!