“Great place for the right price!!”

Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Despite all the bad reviews I decided to give this place a try because of the perfect location. The hotel was well kept and clean inside. The staff is great and really helpful! I stayed here for 3 nights and was never disappointed. Daniel, dev, and Andie always attended to my needs to make my stay enjoyable. The price is just right too! I will definitely be coming again the next time I visit family in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013
Braham D, Manager at Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do every thing possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (916) 632-3366

Reviewed 15 June 2013

When we pulled in, I noticed broken glass in the parking lot near the pool, adjacent to the pool, a bit unsettling. I went in, spoke to the very friendly employee (and having experience with the area, I know the area to be pretty safe), I asked if they were having problems with auto break-ins. This was explained as a one-time, boyfriend, girlfriend incident, broken auto glass, however two days later the orange cone blocking off the glass remained in place in the parking lot, along with the broken glass. Price-wise, $58.99/night plus $25/night for a pet is cheap, so I booked it. We got a non-smoking room, and the first room that we entered (along with our 3 year old) reeked of dog piss. Nasty. I asked to be switched, not only because of the smell, I was concerned that I might be charged for the previous dog's damage. Our second room was clean-ish at first glance. No toilet paper roll holder, nail polish on the sink, multiple burn holes in each of the blankets of both queen beds (in a no-smoking room). We were not told upon arrival that the hot tub was broken, and I wouldn't stick a toe in the pool, it looked filthy and there were filthy towels everywhere in the pool area, as well as a great many suspect characters in the pool area, chain smoking. It didn't take long to notice the "extended stay" aspect was less business travelers and more single moms with filthy, unkempt toddlers, alcoholics and drug addicts. I was choking on the smoke coming into my room, the person in the room next door had their door open for 2 days, passed out drunk, cigarette burning in ashtray- charming. The staff was pleasant and more than willing to put us into a different room, but really, would it have made any difference? This is apparently subsidized lodging for transients, addicts and homeless. If you are ok with smoke (weed and cigarette), ok with bare minimum, no amenities and bring your own sheets (which didn't fit the beds, btw), then it's a good deal- it's cheap and despite the clientele, it was safe. Continental breakfast, cereal, oatmeal and english muffins. I personally could not get past the smells of urine and smoke and I'm feeling kinda itchy, but I didn't SEE any bugs. Close to 80, keep the A/C on and you'll sleep ok on the really low budget beds. (as a single female, however, I would NOT stay here alone)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Maggie J
Braham D, Manager at Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations. Since we did not accomplish this, we would like to provide you with a 50% discount during your next stay.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
bdev@heritagehotelgroup.com

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly (916) 632-3366

Reviewed 27 April 2013

We have stayed here several times and I have written two previous reviews. The hotel is still a bargain for the price--however we were a bit disappointed this time. They gave us a king room (reserved two weeks ahead) with two broken TVs and no remote---after our complaint they gave us another room with two queens, the only room available. It was nice and clean---no problem even though we asked for a king.. We left the hotel for a few days and returned (same reservation) and they gave us the same room with the two TVs---one broken, one working--once again we were told it was the only room available. The extra TV took up most of the room on the desk. Not a big problem but a bit annoying since we need to use the desk for business. One other consideration---during our visit the hotel seemed to have a lot of permanent residents in the hallways and on the patio---women with children, young families, etc. They did not bother us and everything was quiet, clean and comfortable, however we aren't sure what was going on? We did not stay for breakfast so I can't comment on that. All in all, the hotel is still a bargain for visitors who don't need luxury and are looking for a clean, well equipped room in a convenient location on Highway 80. We will definitely return since our family lives nearby.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room on the back side away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

best place to stay, nice room ,nice staff,near the freeway...wow it was a good stay,yes i will stay again..so many restaurant near by.good price.manager was really helpful.we stayed four nights.need improvement breakfast.

Room Tip: away from freeway
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 January 2013

So I ended up staying despite all of the horrible reviews just because it was sort of cheap. From the outside it looks pretty innocent but upon entering it is truly feels like staying at a homeless shelter. There were around 15 loud and homeless looking people that all smelled of cigar smoke. The first room we got had a broken heater that is from the 80s and we were switched to another room. We should have stayed at the first one because the second reeked of smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room. We literally had to go to the store to buy a febreeze just to put up with the putrid smell. And out of the entire time we stayed there our sheets were not changed once, we even got dirty towels put into our bathroom. Stay AWAY

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Alex C

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed here in late October. They put us in a room on the third floor. It was a non-smoking room but reeked of smoke so badly that we had to go out of the inn or down to the first floor to be able to breathe. Also, the room had a door in it which connected it to the next room. The door was locked but the smell of smoke seemed to be coming from the other room. There were people living in the inn as well who seemed to have been living there for some time because all their belongings were stuffed in the rooms. All in all, this was not a comfortable stay for us and we only stayed there one night. The inn is right on the freeway and close to a bunch of fast food joints.

Room Tip: First floor does not have as strong a smoky odor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sajjad A

Reviewed 9 December 2012

This place is full of the homeless, felons and screaming toddlers. There is some sort of "Shelter" nonsense here. It is dirty, the rooms are not clean and there is this unsettling "sticky" feeling everywhere.

Run .... far away from this pit. And, if you must stay here stay on the first floor on the other side of the Lobby. The Police have an assigned Parking Spot here and better you will not need to elevator or the stairs ..... unless getting violated is on your list of things to do.

Room Tip: Days Inn, Hyatt or a Courtyard in Roseville is the better choice
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark F

bdev@heritagehotelgroup.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
#6 of 6 in Rocklin
Best Western Roseville Inn
Best Western Roseville Inn
#9 of 18 in Roseville

Been to Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin? Share your experiences!