“The rooms where beat up and shoddy and the people hanging...”

Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lexington, Oregon
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Second visit. First one was good...this one...no.

Got there about 12:30 pm. It was BLAZING hot outside....(ok I get it "check in" is at 2pm) I was greeted, in a not so friendly way and told "too early, come back at two" (was meeting up with family) stayed in the lobby for a bit, watched a couple get checked in....

disgusted and overheated I went and got some dinner things (planned one eating in the room) by the time I got back it was "after two" so was checked in. (upstairs, 202.

The good: spacious room, decorated "ok" convenient to stairs.

The bad: where to start? There was SOMEONES boxers and socks hanging over the shower cutrain (not ours!) upon check in (was the bathroom even cleaned?) wallpaper peeling, carpet pulled, chipped sink and strange things hanging from the attic access. (photos to be uploaded soon) then the fridge went haywire and froze everything. Coffee in the lobby was bad. The bed was horribly hard and had a weird (like no support) dent in the middle. The pillows were rubbery. Terrible/little sleep.

It's s shame that it's going more and more downhill. But, the boxers and socks hanging over the shower curtain??? really???? yuck. (it was noticed AFTER I was in the shower)

sorry, won't be coming back until we read reviews that there's been much improvement. What changed? we loved it last stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dawn M
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
DEar Dawn E.,

Please accept our sincere apology, first of all it's been very busy in area and we were sold out the day before you checked inn.... our rooms were not ready at 1pm that why we told you to wait for few hours. and it was nice of you to show patients . our staff works very hard to make a very comfortable stay for our every guests. We love our guests and their requirements and that the reason they come back to our hotel.

We take your comments very seriously and our staff also take it seriously to improve on our services. It is our goal to make it a perfect stay for all our guests but sometimes things don't go as planned. When so, it is even more important for us to learn what could have been done differently for a more pleasant experience.

In fact it was your 2nd visit to our hotel, We love to read positive reviews and satisfactory experience. We appreciate your feedback and business. We hope to have you stay with us again, Please give us one more chance.

Thanks again,

Kumar
Napa, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked this to stay here after a concert in Wheatland. I read too many bad reviews of other local hotels so this was the next cheapest. We were very pleased with our room. Very comfortable bed, clean and convenient location. We opted to sleep in and skip breakfast so I'm not sure what we missed but we checked in after midnight with no problems at all. Spacious room, microwave and mini frig. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Janie Kennedy,

It is gratifying to hear you chose our hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and that you now share how pleasant your stay was at the Days Inn Rocklin. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed our Clean Rooms, comfortable beds as well as the other amenities.

We love having you here again and try Days Breakfast served every morning. We look forward to hosting you again!!

Warm Regards,

Kumar
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Days Inn Rocklin, Ca... had a "good" rating on booking.com...but on 7/12/14 room 209 had crumbs on the carpet and desk chair, a moldy shower curtain and you could see light under the door. When I called booking.com to cancel my second night because of the dirty room, the hotel desk clerk told booking.com that the first night would be $10 more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tara L
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Days Inn Rocklin, We take every guest comments very seriously and involve our entire staff and management to perform and improve on hotel services. We again apologize for your experience at our hotel.

Please call me directly for any further question on your stay @ 916-632-0101

Hope to see you again!

Thanks,

Lalit Kumar
Rocklin
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Breakfast open at 7 to 9. I request the front counter to open 15 mins early because my kids have sports next morning.They have to be there by 7 am. The receptionist said he will open a little early for us.I wait until 6:55 didn't open. We have to leave. I talked to her again.They open 5 mins before 7 next day.Breakfast was Waffle, Cereal, toast,Orange and apple,boiled egg, orange juice, apple juice and coffee. In the evening my kids want to eat from BJ. My husband want to eat Chinese food. I went out and get the food drop the food at room and we went to Chinese restaurant .( We are rushing because almost 9pm).As soon as I sit down at Chinese restaurant my son call me there were no silverware in the bag.I don't want my son go to front desk to ask for folk and knife. i don't feel like place is safe.Hotel is open. Every one can come. I called to front desk can he deliver the plastic folk and knife because I was outside my kids are at room I don't want them to come out without us. he said he will do that.After eating dinner we went back room my son still not eating dinner yet. He said no one come. Lucky I have extra one in the car.He showed up 15 minutes after we back to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GMBayAreaInns, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Mimi N.,

Thank you for your stay at Days Inn Rocklin. We extremely apologize for not providing the Breakfast on committed time. Our new staff is under training and for this mistakes they may be punished.

We work very hard to give the best services and we take your comments very seriously.

If you have any further questions, please call me @ 916-632-0101

We appreciate your business.

Amit Modi
Guest Relation Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville
Rocklin Park Hotel
Rocklin Park Hotel
#6 of 6 in Rocklin

Been to Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento? Share your experiences!