“Great Hotel for the Price”

Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We got this hotel because we were going to a wedding. It's a great hotel on a budget or short stays.

The rooms are clean with nice bedding and comfortable beds. The pillows are a little flat. When I asked for more, the desk clerk didn't hesitate and also told me they were in the process of changing them all out for better ones.

The locating is great too. Right across the street from Wal-Mart. Two fast food places in the parking lot and a couple nice restaurants within walking distance.

The only negative I have is that they only gave us one roll of toilet paper. I had to go to the desk to get more and even then it was only one roll. I also tried calling the desk using the in-room phone several times with no luck. Had to use my cell phone finally.

Also, the wi-fi wasn't free. $4.95 a day was kinda steep.

Otherwise, I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank timgoat99
RPGoodNiteInn, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2010

I would like to thank timgoat99 for their review. It’s always a positive experience for not only me but my staff to read the good reviews about our hotel. Not only are we replacing our pillows but we are also in the process of replacing the beds, carpets and lighting fixtures. Once again thank you timgoat99 for the review and we look forward to seeing you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2010

they gave our rooms away, and I had in hand all 4 confirmations. 1 confirmation for 1 room was booked with at travel co. like this and 3 were directly with them. Other ppl. had just as big of problems. Exterior walls were gross and were dirtier than mission st. san fransico. Rooms were dark, unfriendly, dirty, and we were afraid to sleep inside the beds. Our room door had a gap in the closing and if its cold, good luck. Staff really doesnt care. Not friendly and would perfer not to have you. Check in will take 1 hour, NOT kidding!! 2 lines, 1 for arrival/ check in and 1 for complaints once you get there.
Elevator permit expired. NON smoking rooms HAVE BEEN SMOKED IN!!!! Parking lot at night is scarry, bring an attack dog. They share the side parking lot with Taco bell and there are lots of wierdos sleeping and whatever at night when they close. Hotel has 1 employee doing everything and the owner/ manager can be reached by her phone when you tell them you will have an attorney come otherwise GOOD LUCK
What little you pay is way toooooo much!!!! I will NEVER go there again.....I would not recommend to anyone, even an enemy. No one should have this bad of luck, ever

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank usflores

I would like to apologize to usflores for any inconveniences that they might have had during their stay with us. I wish these items were brought to my attention at check in or during their stay so they could have been handled in a prompt manor. I am available 24 hours a day to my staff and for all the guests if needed either in person or by phone. I was on property during the arrival date until 11pm and we did have a big group come in all at once that did back us up a bit. This is a rare occurrence that hasn't happened before as this is the first year the group arrived like this. I can assure all of our future guests that I have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. I would also like all of our past and future guests to know that we are in the process of freshening up our rooms and we are about 70% done. We are also in the process at this time of doing our deep cleaning of all our rooms. Once again I would like to apologize to usflores for the issues that arose and hope that they would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of our problems. If anyone has any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me at the property.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

I stayed at the Good Nite Inn in preparation for a very important job interview the following day in Santa Rosa. My wife and I arrived at about 11pm. I checked in with the night clerk who was pleasant enough and proceeded to our room. I had requested a non-smoking top floor room since I am a light sleeper and didn't want any overhead thuds.

As we entered the room we were immediately overcome with cigarette stench as well as what smelled like body odor. It was horrible. However we were both about to collapse from a very long day and didn't feel like walking all the way back to the lobby with our luggage to request another room, not to mention having to walk by all the shady people meandering about the property again so we just said "Whatever" and went to bed.

First of all, the bed was horrible. Probably the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Felt like sleeping on springs with a sheet on top. It was also very loud and creaky, and we felt like it was going to collapse every time we turned over.

At 2am, shortly after I finally dozed off, someone pounded on our door. I looked out the peephole and it was a very ominous homeless looking gentleman. I ignored it and went back to bed. At 3am, more banging on the door, this time someone else. When there wasn't someone banging on the door, you could always hear what sounded like drunk people arguing. Lots of doors opening and closing. I'm pretty sure some illegal activity was taking place throughout the night. Finally fell asleep at 4am, and our phone starts ringing. I ignore it, and the phone rings again at 5am. At this point I unplugged the phone and threw it across the room out of frustration (no I did not break it).

So I woke up at 6am to prepare for my interview with about 2 hours of sleep under my belt. The bathroom was small but acceptable. Probably the only acceptable thing about my stay.

Seriously, and I don't say this often: Avoid this hotel at all costs. The price is low, but it's just not worth it. My wife and I felt unsafe, uncomfortable, and dirty. Definitely don't take your family here. At least the door had sturdy looking deadbolts. I regret not requesting a different room from management, however assuming we did get a clean fresh room, I think noise, safety, and bed comfort issues still would have been a problem. It's interesting to see that other reviewers have had similar issues with noise and phone calls in the middle of the night. I'm not surprised.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank eurostorm63

I would like to thank eurostorm63 for their review on their stay with us here at the Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park. In my past management responses I have let our guests know that we are in the process of getting not only new beds but carpeting and new lighting. At this time we are about 70% complete. If these issues were brought to the attention of my staff I can assure you that they would have been handled in a prompt and efficient manner. The issue with people calling the rooms and knocking on the doors is something that we don't have complete control over but if notified we can put restrictions on the phone and also walk that area of the property more to put an end to it but we would need to be notified of the issue. I would like t thank eurostorm63 for their review and hope if they are in the area they will consider us again as we are making improvements each day to exceed our guests expectations. If anyone has any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me at the property.

Reviewed 27 August 2010

Unfortunately we found the Good Nite Inn @ Rohnert Park very dingey. The corridoors to rooms are cold & dark. The rooms were small, dated and dark. There were only 2 lamps in the room and no overhead lighting. I couldn't even see the contents of my suitcase. The room was dark & cramped and I could not wait to check out!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Srikantha

I would like to thank Srikantha for their review. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that they encountered during their stay. I would like Srikantha to know that we are in the process of updating the lighting in the rooms due to our guest’s requests to do so. We are also installing new carpets and beds. As for the corridors and walkways we are giving them a good washing and starting a new maintenance program to keep them up to par. I have been at the property for a little over a month and have had my hand full but we are making great strides to offer a great product at a very reasonable price. If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 20 August 2010

we have stayed at the goodnite for three years. We have stayed one night up to 3 nights. We found the location to be perfect for our needs because we travel from Bodega to Petaluma. The rooms are clean. The service is ok. We have stayed in different rooms and floors and we have not found a bad room. Our only complaint is the non smoking room smell like a smokers room. If you are looking for the best value this is certanly the best.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovegoodnitein

I would like to thank lovegoodnitein for not only their review but their continued support and business. Its reviews like these that make us work even harder to impress. As for the smell of the rooms we are in the process of deep cleaning the rooms to eliminate these issues. We are also cutting down our smoking rooms by 5 and enforcing our smoking policies even more than before to insure our rooms are kept in the condition expected by our loyal guests.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Upon checking in, I was allocated room 306 which was down a dark passageway with virtually no natural light. This would have been tolerable except that the room had a strong moldy odor so I requested a new room. Room 309 was clean and fresh smelling but a good night's sleep was not in the cards. The bed was full of bed bugs and I awoke after a restless night covered in bites.

Perhaps this was a rare, isolated event but I would still not choose to stay at this motel again. The rooms are basic with tiny, scratchy towels, no coffee maker and virtually no toiletries. The breakfast was minimal with just store bought muffins and dishwater coffee. Wifi is $4.95 a day.

Close by but a much better alternative is the Rohnert Park Rodeway Inn. Rooms include coffee makers and breakfast includes a choice or cereals, bagels, and toast. Wifi is free as well.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank I-love-world-travel

I would like to thank I-love-world-travel for their review on their stay with us here at the Good Nite Inn. Without reviews we would be able to offer the level of service that we strive for each day. As for the dreaded bed bugs issues we did not find any in the room upon checkout. Now with these bugs they do come and go so since this came up on tripadvisor we have had that room out of order and have been treating it as a precautionary action. We take these issues very serious and are proactive in taking care of them. We have lost this rooms revenue for a while but we have acted a possible problem to ensure our guests are not affected by it if there were bed bugs in the room. If anyone has any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me at the hotel direct.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

We knew that we were in trouble when we walked into our "non-smoking room" and were hit with the stench of cigarette smoke. There were burn holes in the carpet and in the filthy couch and chair, definately not a "farm" smell. Very noisy; doors banging all night. A 2:00am phone call on our room phone from someone asking my wife if she was a "working girl" left us on edge for the rest of the night. We were booked for 2 nights but after the first restless night, we high tailed it out of there! The old adage "You get what you pay for" (and then some) certainly holds true here!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank k00lhandluke
sheprp, Manager at Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2010

I'm very sorry you and your wife had a bad stay. I wished you had informed the front desk of the problems you had encountered during your stay. We gladly would have transferred you and your wife to another room. Thank you for taking time to write your comment on Trip Advisor and in letting us know where improvements are needed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rohnert Park
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
#5 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Oxford Suites Sonoma County - Rohnert Park

Been to Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!