“HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE PLACE TO STAY”

Motel 6 Rohnert Park
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
San Anselmo, California
“HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE PLACE TO STAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

If you can stay somewhere else, anywhere else, do yourself a favor and do so. I made a reservation thru customer service yesterday (3/20/13) and checked in at 2:00pm. I was told that Room #232 needed to be cleaned and to pay for the room and come back in a half hour. So, Shanikqua, behind the front desk, had printed out a paid receipt.

Now, here comes the total bull-*@*!! I noticed that the housekeeper cleaned the room, and being that I paid for the room, put some of my stuff in there. I then went back down to the front desk and told them that the room was clean and that I needed the keys. Three of them had said, "we told you to come back in a half hour, why are you here now, it's only been 15 minutes, you can't just go to the room". WTF???? The greasy haired supervisor behind the front desk, who would not reveal her name after I asked her five times, (hmmmm.....do ya' think that this happened a time or two before, do ya?) said that I cannot stay there and that she would give me my money back. I was like, what just happened here??? Ummm....can anyone say haters? She said that if I said anymore, she would be calling the police. WHAT?????

You couldn't ask for a better guest to stay here than me. I am quiet, I don't smoke, drink, etc. and would only be there to sleep as I had a business meeting in the morning. Do yourself a favor, even though it's cheap, dealing with this load of drama and CONTROL can disgust anyone.

Oh, did I mention that they would let me retrieve my items, that the staff came back and brought my things to me in plastic garbage bags.

Spare yourself and stay somewhere where the staff is NICE! Their customer relations department is no prize either, when I called to tell them what happened, the representative was like, oh there is nothing WE can do. I can find another location. Like I would even bother staying at another rat trap, drama filled, poor service, greasy haired staff location!! All they would tell me is that Jim Ambrosia was the President and that they had no idea where he was located.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank loveyoga77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Methuen, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

See title!

What I didn’t like was that I had to wait about 10 or so minutes in line to have my room card rekeyed, since it failed to work on the 2nd day - I was tired, wanted to get into the room and didn't want to have to wait. I was kinda pissed. It shouldn’t have happened.

Very busy area with lots of traffic if you wanted to drive around. I was surprised at the crime log for the area - many issues daily. From where I was coming from, there probably is nothing to report except for lost dogs found or goats or cows found wandering on the side of the road.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank methuenma
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

The location of the motel is convenient. We do feel save at this location even on the ground level. The surrounding area is very quiet although part of the motel property is very close to the highway.

Our room's condition is definitely below my expectation. Almost all rooms with double beds have one of the bed blocking the air conditioner's venting return air grill.. rooms are small, generally clean but cig burn marks are all over the place. Sheets are clean but the covers are not.

Won't be staying here again, better options are out there in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Petterr P

Travellers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

This hotel is located in a safe area very near to Highway 101. The room I stayed in was very quiet. (The hotel has no lifts/elevators, so if you know to book Upstairs rooms in two-storey hotels for a quieter stay, be prepared to do some climbing.) Amenities are extremely Basic, as with all Motel 6's: the Single I stayed in was a box-like 12'x12' with another much smaller boxlike bathroom attached. The (small) TV provided access to something like 20 predetermined cable channels. There was no refrigerator or microwave. The main feature of this hotel is the prices: $40 for a Single, $50 for a Double, etc. There is a small, coin-operated laundry area downstairs. I found the room to be clean, the area safe, and the staff friendly. If that's all you need, look no further.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Kearney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Excellent restaurant next door. Safeway nearby. Safe location. Staff was very nice and patient with needy guests. Stayed during busy Nascar wknd and service was great overall. Will stay every yr. On race wknd

• Stayed June 2012
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed overnight last minute while traveling through. Room had 2 double beds crammed into a tiny run down room, shoved against each wall with 2 feet between. Sheets had holes & burns, ac unit did not even have a cover, elements were exposed. Didn't feel very safe, made sure the door was bolted. On a positive note, the location was good.

Room Tip: I suggest choosing a room on bottom level for safety reasons.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

I was pleased to have stayed at the Motel 6, as the price was very reasonable and affordable, the room was clean, and the beds very comfortable. The receptionists we met on check-in and checkout were helpful and friendly. Our room for two with double beds was quite small, but that was a minor inconvenience. We had a lot of "stuff" and did have to step over it a few times. We did have one problem, but it too was minor. Somehow our room must have been coded by the maid as being for one person rather than for two, as there was only one washcloth in the room when we arrived. We went to the office to get another without problem and left a note to have a second one on the second day, which was done; however, on our third day there was only one again. It was not a big problem, as one of us used a hand towel instead, and there were plenty of towels overall.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Rodeway Inn Wine Country
Rodeway Inn Wine Country
#5 of 10 in Rohnert Park
Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country

Been to Motel 6 Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!