Motel 6 Rohnert Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Best Western Inn(Rohnert Park)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Spa
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Generally we never stay in a Motel 6 as, as one of the reviewers below commented, they rank among the "skankiest" places to stay. However, during this trip to Sonoma County, we had no choice -- everything was booked solid. We took a chance, made the reservation and were over whelmed and treated to a delightful room! No kidding!

This Motel 6 has been completely redone - altho the exterior still needs a coat of new paint. The rooms have been repainted; disgusting carpet ripped up and replaced by hardwood flooring; new "green" shower heads and sink faucet -- even the toilet is one of those new fangled fast flushing, low flow jobs. The decor of the room is very European - modern, sparse, vibrant color accent wall, bedspread to match. No frills -- but tastefully done. And altho located next to the freeway, it is truly quiet due to the brand new window, door and unbelieveably quiet A/C unit. One thing it doesn't have is a stack of those stale sugar-loaded breakfast danish. The coffee can be had (for free) in the motel lobby - no filthy coffee maker in the room. In an area where the average motel/hotel/B&B goes for around $200+ per night, this newly redone Motel 6 is perfect for the traveler who doesn't want to spend all his money on a place to sack out! And if this trend continues to the rest of the chain, Motel 6 could become our new favorite for a clean, no frills sleeping pad had for a decent price!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank japptp
Reviewed 21 March 2013

If you can stay somewhere else, anywhere else, do yourself a favor and do so. I made a reservation thru customer service yesterday (3/20/13) and checked in at 2:00pm. I was told that Room #232 needed to be cleaned and to pay for the room and come back in a half hour. So, Shanikqua, behind the front desk, had printed out a paid receipt.

Now, here comes the total bull-*@*!! I noticed that the housekeeper cleaned the room, and being that I paid for the room, put some of my stuff in there. I then went back down to the front desk and told them that the room was clean and that I needed the keys. Three of them had said, "we told you to come back in a half hour, why are you here now, it's only been 15 minutes, you can't just go to the room". WTF???? The greasy haired supervisor behind the front desk, who would not reveal her name after I asked her five times, (hmmmm.....do ya' think that this happened a time or two before, do ya?) said that I cannot stay there and that she would give me my money back. I was like, what just happened here??? Ummm....can anyone say haters? She said that if I said anymore, she would be calling the police. WHAT?????

You couldn't ask for a better guest to stay here than me. I am quiet, I don't smoke, drink, etc. and would only be there to sleep as I had a business meeting in the morning. Do yourself a favor, even though it's cheap, dealing with this load of drama and CONTROL can disgust anyone.

Oh, did I mention that they would let me retrieve my items, that the staff came back and brought my things to me in plastic garbage bags.

Spare yourself and stay somewhere where the staff is NICE! Their customer relations department is no prize either, when I called to tell them what happened, the representative was like, oh there is nothing WE can do. I can find another location. Like I would even bother staying at another rat trap, drama filled, poor service, greasy haired staff location!! All they would tell me is that Jim Ambrosia was the President and that they had no idea where he was located.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank loveyoga77
Reviewed 26 January 2013

See title!

What I didn’t like was that I had to wait about 10 or so minutes in line to have my room card rekeyed, since it failed to work on the 2nd day - I was tired, wanted to get into the room and didn't want to have to wait. I was kinda pissed. It shouldn’t have happened.

Very busy area with lots of traffic if you wanted to drive around. I was surprised at the crime log for the area - many issues daily. From where I was coming from, there probably is nothing to report except for lost dogs found or goats or cows found wandering on the side of the road.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank methuenma
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The location of the motel is convenient. We do feel save at this location even on the ground level. The surrounding area is very quiet although part of the motel property is very close to the highway.

Our room's condition is definitely below my expectation. Almost all rooms with double beds have one of the bed blocking the air conditioner's venting return air grill.. rooms are small, generally clean but cig burn marks are all over the place. Sheets are clean but the covers are not.

Won't be staying here again, better options are out there in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Petterr P
Reviewed 7 December 2012

This hotel is located in a safe area very near to Highway 101. The room I stayed in was very quiet. (The hotel has no lifts/elevators, so if you know to book Upstairs rooms in two-storey hotels for a quieter stay, be prepared to do some climbing.) Amenities are extremely Basic, as with all Motel 6's: the Single I stayed in was a box-like 12'x12' with another much smaller boxlike bathroom attached. The (small) TV provided access to something like 20 predetermined cable channels. There was no refrigerator or microwave. The main feature of this hotel is the prices: $40 for a Single, $50 for a Double, etc. There is a small, coin-operated laundry area downstairs. I found the room to be clean, the area safe, and the staff friendly. If that's all you need, look no further.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo