“No Frills”

Motel 6 Rohnert Park
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here in June, 2013, during a two-week road trip. We chose this location, because we were just driving through, and looked for the most affordable Motel 6 with decent reviews. This was a no-frills kind of place. Right next to the highway, so it was easily accessed. Our room did not border the highway, so it was nice and quiet. The hotel was in a large lot, with quite a few diverse crowd of people staying, as we saw when we walked our dogs around the perimeter of the property. We used the wi-fi at the Burger King location just across the street from our motel room. One thing I wanted to mention was we are quite conscious of gas prices, and I had asked the motel staff at the front desk the night we checked in, and also on the morning of our departure regarding prices. Both young ladies I spoke to, didn't have the slightest idea whether gas was cheaper in the Rohnert Park area or closer to SF. Only thing about the motel was I wished the staff was more knowledgeable. Other than this, the staff was friendly and well mannered.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneSeesWorld

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was in town with some friends and needed to find a decent place to stay without breaking the bank. The other lodging choices nearby were either very expensive or sold out. I reluctantly booked this motel based on price, but wasn't expecting much for a Motel 6. Fortunately, I was pleased with my stay. The grounds were very clean and well maintained. A new Starbucks, a sushi place and another restaurant were across the parking lot. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. The room was the biggest surprise. The furnishings were basic, but functional. Flat screen TV, adequate work space and clean linens/towels was enough for me. If you're looking for budget accommodations that cover the basic needs, I'd recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floor near the registration office will probably have less foot and vehicular tra...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed here visiting San Francisco because it was much cheaper and got better reviews than anything pet friendly that was closer. It was about a 45 minute (easy) drive to San Francisco, so it was, for us, a good location. Many stores around, Burger King across the parking lot.

This Motel 6 was one of the newer versions (which I don't particularly like because the floors get dirty very very easily and my dogs slip on them). There was a Burger King cup left under the bed from the previous occupants. The parking lot is VERY small and ignorant guests will have no problem smashing their door into yours. We had to all show our IDs at check in which is the first time on our trip (about 15 Motel 6 stops into the trip-- we stay at them all the time because they are dog friendly), which was very strange.

The most annoying part of this stay was that they "don't allow 'Do Not Disturb'" signs... ?? Really? After all of our stays at Motel 6, we have had our own sign since they don't often provide them and it's never been an issue. The sign was taken off the door (don't know where it went) and it's not like the room was cleaned anyway! We aren't the type that want someone we don't know coming into our room when we're not there (sorry, I don't trust strangers with my stuff...). Also, if I'm out getting dinner, I don't want someone to come in or even knock if our dog is there, even if she is in her crate. Luckily we had brought her to San Francisco with us so it was really a non-issue but it's the most ASININE policy ever. Even other Motel 6 clerks have found it strange when we tell it to them. If you're the type that doesn't care who is in your room when you're not there and want it cleaned, then this won't be an issue for you either.

Plus: The area appears to be very nice, which is a big bonus for this motel. Felt very safe here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Holly T
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Motel 6 rooms have been refurbished not long ago which is quite nice. That being said, the room I was in had bed linen already used and I did not feel completely safe in there.
The motel is next to a few shops including safeways and a pharmacy) and a few restaurants and coffee shop (Starbucks) which is quite handy !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here en-route to Russian River. Lovely budget motel. Small room but very clean and recently refreshed including flat screen TV and very efficient aircon/temperature control. Extremely helpful front desk staff who moved us from our first smokey non smoking room. Front desk helped me with change to use the Laundry, and had lots of free coffee in the morning. BK very close by (next door) for breakfast. Amazingly quiet too. Stay here rather than in Santa Rosa. We will be back!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed at a Motel 6 in Santa Rosa last week (read the review). Difference was night and day! Clean, fresh rooms. Looks like it was either built or refurbished recently. Vinyl floors that look like hard wood floors might be a little cold for some but makes for a very clean look. Very comfortable bed. Internet was fast ( have to pay $2.95/day for use). Friendly staff. For a motel 6 this was one of the nicest I've stayed in and will be using it any time I'm in the area. Extra added value.... Black Bear Restaurant just in front. Great food. Burger king, Jack-in-the-Box, all with-in walking distance. Safeway just a block away. Costco (with gas) just across the freeway. Easy on and off the 101 freeway. Bodega Bay, Point Reyes, only about 1 hour away. Stay here, NOT in Santa Rosa!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms might be a little quieter. Rooms towards the front closer to restaurant and ice machi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here 1 night recently. The room was very nicely remodeled, very clean, quiet, reasonable price for the area. We were downstairs and did not hear noise from above. Staff was nice even though they were swamped when we arrived. A relative warned us against staying here due to the caliber of clients but I think he was wrong. Maybe before it was remodeled, it had a bad reputation. We would stay here again. There were families staying here too. I used the laundry and it was in very good condition.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple