Motel 6 Rohnert Park
Best Western Inn(Rohnert Park)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$79
US$341
Travelocity
US$125
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Spa
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I think this hotel is probably one of the best values in the area and it is much cleaner and in a much safer neighborhood than most hotels of its class in Sonoma County, much better and newer than any in Santa Rosa. I found this hotel perfectly acceptable. Clearly, it is not the Best Western I'm used to, and clearly it is a 2 Star hotel, but I found little to complain about and I would stay there again if looking for a place to sleep at a bargain and don't need "atmosphere". It's clean. All the rooms are recently refurbished so the bathroom, though small, had a new shower unit and clean flushing toilet (though it does lack a lid as another mentioned). They provided 3 bath towels for the 2 of us. They were a little on the thin side which is typical of this hotel class, but they were clean and not stained. There was also a bath mat. You do need to bring your own shampoo and conditioner and hair dryer, but I usually do that anyway regardless of where I stay. We also brought our own pillows; towels, too, but didn't need them. They provided several plastic disposable cups wrapped and sealed in plastic. There was a large, 30+ inch tv and everything was in working order. We had a room on the north side and there was no street noise. I ran the air conditioner all night and was not bothered by noise from other guests. The walls probably are a bit thin and the blanket and bedspread could have been better, but really for under $65 for the room (AARP rate), can't be beat anywhere nearby. Do know that Sonoma County has high hotel taxes so be prepared for paying another $10 for that and $3 for internet access. And all occupants must provide identification. I like their policy of no nonpaying guests after 10pm. Black Bear restaurant (one of my favorite family restaurants), Burger King, Starbucks and Walgreens are all just across the parking lot. I think this is a great location for most needs. Also, there is a microwave in the room with the vending and ice machines. Nice!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side, in the middle, are probably the quietest and have good parking availability.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Reviews on Yelp were right-on. Great feature; having the rugs removed for prego floors. I was bummed about some minor details; see title of this review.

But after hearing that friends had to bail out of a reservation for a room at a different pricy hotel in town, because, as they put it; along with roaches, someone didn't clean up the mess after someone was murdered in the room, I was convinced we got a GREAT DEAL AT MOTEL 6.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank eastbaymudgal
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a road trip north up the coast. If you are looking for an affordable place that's close to wine country this is it. The rooms look newly renovated and were VERY clean. We were not familiar with the area at all and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

This motel is a solid budget choice in a great location. There are no other motels in this suburban shopping center. Service is efficient and friendly. Rooms are pretty Spartan. It is a place to sleep, not hang out, but the rooms are clean and the television works.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at this Motel 6 this past weekend. The decor was cute, but there were just too many problems. The curtains had stains/smashed bugs. The towels we were given were washed, but stained and had dirt (as if the shelving was dirty). Paying $76 for a one-night stay for 3 people in a Motel 6 was bad enough (regular rate +$5 per person for the second and third person), we also had to pay $3 for the wi-fi code ... per DEVICE. Thank God for my hotspot!

Since we had 3 people in the room, we asked for more towels on check-in and were assured there were plenty in the room. Three girls with long hair and 4 towels wasn't going to work, so we had to walk down to the front desk to pick up more towels.

The only two redeeming points for the hotel are, as I said, the decor (which is cute), and the desk staff. Housekeeping and general policies failed my expectations.
The walls are paper-thin, and the housekeeping door between rooms has no seal/gasket so the light from the room next door shines in. I could actually hear the conversation next door, and our neighbors were speaking in normal voices. I cannot recommend this hotel, especially not for nearly $80/night.

Room Tip: Try to get a second floor room on the north side of the building (away from traffic), on a corner or near the breezeway (so you only have one neighbor). Also, bring a device with a hotspot so you don't get dinged $3/device.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Rohnert Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear EyeHeartTravel,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.