“You get what you pay for”

Motel 6 Rohnert Park
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
the wine country of california
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 20 April 2007

I have never stayed in a Motel 6 before. They really are bare bones!! Rate was good ($43.69 per night).
Room was very small, but clean. It appears somewhat nearly remodeled. Television channels were minimal and all of them were snowy. No shampoos, or anything like that. I felt lucky to get a bar of soap. No counter in bathroom for make-up or brushing teeth. It felt akward using the top of the toilet to put toiletries on!!
I brought a memory foam mattress from home along with my sheet and put on the top of motel's matress. This made my bed very comfy.
I had requested a wake up call (no alarm clock in room) for first morning of my stay. The phone never rang!! I walked down and complained to the office and all they would do is put the blame on the shift in which I had checked in with. There is not a white person, nonetheless an employee over 20 years old working there. I wouldn't hold them responsible for anything except knowing how to speak spanish.

No coffee in rooms. They offer small cups of coffee and hot water in the office from 6-9 AM.

Wonderful Black Bear Restaurant is right next door. That made my stay!!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — small room, no amenities
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank bassguide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2005

We picked this place because of its great rates, 1st mistake. The taxes they charged were over 20%.

My husband asked to borrow an iron, 2nd mistake. The response: "What do you think? We are not the Hilton."

We thought we would at least get a decent night's sleep, 3rd mistake. The walls were so thin, we could not only hear our neighbor's phone ringing consistently through the night, we could hear his conversation AND the person on the other line!

In addition, the neighbors were sketchy, the towels were coarse and too small, and the smell was so bad it penetrated our clothes and we still smelled like the nasty motel after we left.

I know its a motel 6, but give me a break.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Petit Roche, AR
Reviewed 30 May 2004

I stayed at this hotel between 5/20/04 - and 5/22/04, and have stayed at this hotel a half dozen times over the past ten years. Each time, I have had the typical Motel 6 experience; cheap sleeping room with no frills (but not providing shampoo or an alarm clock is stretching it a bit).

Recent highway construction has moved the North-bound onramp to Highway 101 closer to the south side of this hotel, and is now within 75 yards. As a result, you'll want a room on the north side of the hotel, if possible.

The advantage to this hotel is that it is within walking distance to several fast food and sit-down restaurants, as well as two good-sized strip malls with three grocery stores.

• Stayed May 2004
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
#6 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Motel 6 Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!