“Nice stay reasonable price!!!”

Rodeway Inn Wine Country
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay at rodeway inn . I had great experience. As always great employee always willing to make your stay comfortable. This time I was given newly renovated room it was great. I will be definitely stay here again and again when I visit wine country.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Even though the hotel review on tripadviser was below average , with everything booked up in the town , I had no option except to stay there . I was thinking that when reviews are not so welcoming the place must also be not so welcoming .

Before I entered the room I had visions of roaches crawling here and there . I had a feeling that the room must be musty and old-looking .

But I was wrong !

The room had new carpet , new furniture , and it looked it was very recently decorated . Towels in the room were clean -- the bedspread , the blanket , everything . In short , the room was much better than what I had imagined . I was surprised , of course , to see what I hadn't expected when I booked the room .

Before checking out next day , the desk person told me that they are 'retouching' the whole lot of things . I could see it still going on .

If they have renovated the whole physiology of Rodeway Inn , I must also my mental picture about it . I don’t know how good they were in the past , but they are not as bad as painted in the past .

Finally , if you ask me for a suggestion , this much I can say : Go and stay there .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was an overnight stop on way back home. We selected it since it was near 101 and is part of Choice Hotels. It was definitely the worst of any of their hotels we have ever stayed in. We were told there would be a frig and microwave. There was not. When we called the front desk they said we had to ask for it. So we did and they brought them down and found somewhere to put them. The TV wouldn't work so they came back. Apparently the guy who plugged in the appliances unplugged the TV. After some moving things around they got the TV working. When we tried to turn on one of the wall lamps between the beds we found there was no knob to turn it on. Another trip back by the maintenance person who returned with a knob. Some of the bulbs in the room were bare with no covers. They did have a very basic breakfast bar with all carbs and even the toasters didn't work well. They did seem to be in the process of working on the rooms, but this place needs lots of work.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We checked in after a fabulous wedding celebration. All we wanted is a bed and a good night sleep. The first non smoking room we were given smelled intensely like cigarette smoke. We were given a different room when we came back to the office. The second room was filthy!! See the pictures if you think I protest too much. The carpet had large back stains all over. The room had holes in the wall patched with soft putty fill. The beds sheets were not fitted. The final straw was when we had killed several cockroaches within the first few minutes of entering the room. The office receptionist said he knew there were problems with some of the rooms and the owner was having trouble maintaining the property. We drove home at midnight instead of staying there. Don't even consider staying here!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank fillymay1
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The nicest thing about this motel is the name, which is very deceiving. Unfortunately our group had to stay here over the weekend as a last resort. Everything To say this is a motel is a insult to motels everywhere. I have not once been in say, a Motel 6, and seen roaches. It was so bad that a random stranger stopped me outside and asked me if we had roaches too. I was seriously afraid to lay my head down and I checked all my belongings before leaving to make sure I wasn't traveling with them.

There was also duct tape holding light fixtures and the A/C to the wall. The shower was filthy and when I checked the bottom of my socks, they were black from the dirt on the floor.

Shame on you Choice Hotels, Inc. This place needs to be condemned. I can't believe we paid $200 for this dump.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is a sprawling motel complex which was OK but we got the room on points. Not somewhere I would stay twice I just did not have a good feeling about the location. The room looked like it had been painted recently and the carpet was new. Unfortunately someone had forgotten to put the light fixture facing back up in the bathroom. There was no coffee machine in the room and the front desk brought one for me. Breakfast was just OK. The bed was hard for me.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from Hwy 101 it's noisy
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here for almost a month and i didn't regret it. Front desk was very helpful, rooms were clean and service was awesome. Plus reasonable price.I'll be looking for same roadway inn if I travel back to Rohnert Park (including Santa Jose and Petaluma)

• Stayed: August 2013
Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County
1 mi away
Oxford Suites Sonoma County - Rohnert Park
Best Western Petaluma Inn

Been to Rodeway Inn Wine Country? Share your experiences!