See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Was dissapointed that breakfast was toast and cereal. We booked room because breakfast was included. Also no coffee or tea in room. There is a tea/coffee pot to plug in and use. No ice machine. TV is programmed for mostly Chinese stations. Children were really noisy, running and screaming down walkway until 11pm. Found a cockroach in my drawer when grabbing for socks. It scurried away and disappeared. We reported to staff who said they would notify manager. Rooms have been updated. Staff nice...but I would never return. The veggie cuisine restaurant on the premises isn't vegetarian like I was told. Menu in Chinese. Asked waitress what specials are and she just smiled and pointed to a menu poster board. Had also been told it's inexpensive and it wasnt. Waitress seemed uninterested in communicating with us or she just didn't understand us. We got up and left...she laughed from window. We went to Chipotle in strip mall across street. Better choice.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Good location if you want to be in San Gabriel area to enjoy all the Asian food. There is not much to say about the room because there's not much there. The bed is too soft to sleep on. No decorations or theme concept. The restroom is below standard. They don't even give you drinking water. The price is affordable so for one night stay I don't mind, but not if you plan to stay long.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2014

We visited this place in June as a family of four. Even after 4 months, its hard not to forget our experiences at this place. Too much to comment, so in point form:

Overall appearance: neglected facilities. Elevator did not have proper licensing posted, bubble gum stuck on elevator wall, dangling exit sign.

We were booked in for 4 nights:

Day One Check In:

1st room we received only had partially working power. Air conditioner did not function and no power to bedside lamps. Outlets in the bathroom area were so loose that my phone charger plug fell out from the socket. Partially working door lock.
We asked the maintenance person to fix the power or fuse to the room. Only to find out that the air conditioner was broken and not because of lack of power.

We then asked for a change of room and moved to the main floor room. We were even more surprised to be greeted with the "extra" detailing to our room including profanity inscribed on the inside door molding, graffiti on the toilet seat, no luggage stand to put our luggage, 2 twin beds that had bed sheets but no blankets, a busted door lock again, an air conditioner that was literally 30cm from bedside and 2 towels for showering for a family of 4. I ended up grabbing the luggage stand and blankets from the 1st room to use in our current room

It so late that our kids were tired so we made do.

Day Two Evening:

We had expected the room to be made and cleaned during the day but nothing was done. We then asked for two extra towels from the front desk as we still only had 2 towels for a family of four. To our surprise, we received the following response: "We cannot give you extra towels and we cannot make up your room because the price you paid from hotwire was so cheap" - By the time my wife told me this and I went back to confront the front desk person, he had already closed the office for the evening. No one was there to confront.

Day Three:

We packed up our things in the morning and decided to move to another place and was looking for a refund for the remaining two nights. Unfortunately, the person at Knights Inn we dealt with originally was not working until the evening so we had to make a trip back in the evening to resolve the issue. In coordination with Hotwire, we were finally able receive a refund for the remaining 2 nights after 1hr of discussion. The service person from Hotwire was exceptionally helpful and sympathetic

Breakfast and Morning:
This location caters to Asian tour buses and it was incredibly noisy in the morning. Complete lack of common sense for others staying in the hotel. People just talked loudly right outside your room door.
Just to make things clear. We are an Asian family and very accustomed to the Asian culture so not many things surprise us. We had to remind ourselves that we were still in USA considering the environment we were in. If you are a calorie counter, this may be the breakfast stop for you. Traditional white congee with preserved vegetables with optional sliced white bread and jam.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place is worst than the nastiest place you can imagine. There is mold in the bathroom, the tub is dirty. The room smelled. There is no free internet, or breakfast of any knid. The people at the front desk, pretend not to speak english when you complain. I had to go to target across the street to buy sheets, and covers to put over there things. Then I left them there, cause I didn't want to take it back to my home. They are so gross I'm sure they will use them. A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at a different Hotel are better
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Agree with last reviewers. Keys didn't work. Urine smell in public areas. Last people didn't check out and we walked in on them. Two poor Pakistani tourists were in waiting room for 4 hours because the lost their reservation. Internet didn't work. No toiliet paper, furniture broken, why go on?

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple