“Nice hotel - wonderful and accommodating staff!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles Rosemead
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Portland, Maine
“Nice hotel - wonderful and accommodating staff!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

First, I'd like to start by saying that this hotel is unque in that it is one of the 1st Holiday Inn Express Hotels in So. Cal. (Approx. 18 years old)
The man at the desk said it was the first to start construction, but then another HIE in the Long Beach area was completed before it. -- (Just some trivia.)
It is dated inside....a bit "tired" in some areas, but very clean and very pleasant.
With that said, I would definitely stay again!
Each room had nice balconies ... ask for a pool side vs a highway side room.
The hotel location is good for travel, but it is wedged on the corner of 2 busy roads.
Esther at the desk went above and beyond to meet my needs. She was extremely pleasant!
I had a pool/center hotel room and there were bright lights on all night long outside the balconies. Unfortunately, the room curtains did not block 100% of the light. (I like to sleep when it is super dark.)
Because of the age, there were few outlets .... but plenty of towels and great hot water.
Also, unfortunately, there is no fitness center. -- I was pleasantly told that this was because of the age ... hmmmm, I know for sure that two rooms could be converted into an exercise room. They should have just said, "we're so sorry, we just don't have an exercise room and not used the hotel age excuse."
... once again --- would definitely stay at hotel again!
: -)

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side/center hotel room. Otherwise you'll be looking at the highway/street.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Some Holiday Inns treat reward night redemptions as a pain - the hotel is not making anything on the room so don't really try to ensure your stay is enjoyable. This HI is the complete opposite, The staff were extremely welcoming and attentive. Esther and her team should be proud.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Netherlands (Europe)
Reviewed 6 February 2013

When visiting the US, we like to stay in Holiday Inn Express hotels. This hotel has got everything we have come to expect from HI Express. This hotel is not so new anymore and it shows in decoration, carpets and furniture. That being said, we did like our room which was nice enough and large. With even a balcony! We chose this hotel for being more or less central for LA area touristic purposes (downtown, Hollywood, Orange County, Ontario Mills Outlet Mall) and for its reasonable pricing. There’s a nice mall (Montebello) around the corner, there are restaurants nearby and the hotel is virtually on the Freeway entry/exit. We’ve been in quite a few HI Express hotels, but I never saw a breakfast room so small, not a good idea. Staff is very friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Very friendly service and, very! clean room. Upon arrival, I was met by an extremely friendly staff (Esther), who checked me in within minutes. Five minutes after settling down in my room, I received a call from the front desk inquiring on whether I needed anything else in the room, and whether the room was in good condition. This sense of attention to detail is what makes ones experience pleasant. Additionally, they have a nice warm breakfast from 6-10am. Given I was there with my wife and 2 kids, the kids loved the endless pancakes (all included in the room fee).
When I checked out, I was faced with the same friendly and courteous staff who even offered my family bottles of water for the road. I left that place knowing I will be back!

Room Tip: Be sure to make it in for breakfast which is included in with your room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ilove2travel951
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Nice and clean room at the right price. The staffs are so friendly. Next to yhe hotel is a big shopping mall, Montabello.

The location is also in the center between beverly hills, ontario mills, and long beach. And only 25 minutes to Disneyland.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jsjxyz
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Spent 2 nights here, all as expected from a Holiday Inn Express brand, front staff was very efficient and friendly.

Breakfast was good, basically can't find anything wrong here during my stay. Will definitely return for another visit when visiting LA.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
cpl1775
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here using points, and were a little worried when we found it was 10,000 pts per night less than the other Holiday Inn's in the area. Looking for a good deal, we were very pleasantly surprised upon check-in. We were greeted by possibly the friendliest front desk person we've ever met (and my wife travels for a living, spending almost 100 nights per year in hotels), were given a fantastically large room, and felt very welcome.

Breakfast: typical HI Express breakfast, good and fast. Nothing was old, everything was fresh, and the gal kept the area really clean. She always had a smile on her face!

Gym: there's no gym on location, but they give you free access to a HUGE gym about 7 minutes away. It's every gym-goers dream come true. My wife is a workout fanatic, and I thought she'd spend every waking moment at the gym b/c she loved it so much. So it's a short distance away, but it's totally worth it. Huge (think Costco-sized bldg) with every type of equipment, including MMA mats, grappling equipment, tons of cardio, weights, etc.

Room: nice and big, super clean, no bugs (we ALWAYS check for bed bugs, being paranoid: no sign of them anywhere)

Pool: We didn't have time for it, but it was outdoors, looked nice and big, and had a really nice patio around it.

Parking/location: easy to get to, convenient to parks, freeways, mall and food. Parking was never a problem and was free.

Room Tip: our rm was in the back w/ a view of a vacant lot, but super quiet, large and clean. If view isn'...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles Rosemead? Share your experiences!