DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Los Lunas,N.M. 87031, United States
“Rosemead trip”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Door lock would not lock, needed repair. No TV remote in room upon arrival. A/C was repaired day of arrival, quit working the last night of stay. Packing tape was sealing the windows. On previous trips, ice make on 4th floor never works.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Donald P.
I sincerely apologize for your having to endure several issues that were not correct in your room right after your check in. We certainly should do better than that and normally we do. However, as this was not the case I can only hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate our customary guest service. If you choose to stay with us again please call m directly at 323-722-8800 and I will be happy to personally make your reservation for you and insure that your stay is a pleasant one. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again.
Steve Winning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Fremont, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

1st time staying at this hotel. The hotel has some constructions going on and the parking is limited. Had to park far away when returning late at night. Other than that, the rooms were clean and spacious.
I like that they have a business center on every floor so you don't have to go all the way down to the 1st floor to get your work done.
The fitness center was small but the equipments were super. The ourdoor pool needs to be cleaned(bugs and leaves in the water) in the morning though.
Internet was fast and stable.
Will stay here again next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Theo H.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to see that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and that you will stay with us again on your next trip to the Rosemead area. My apologies for the leaves and debris in the pool area. That is kind of a wind tunnel and we have not figured out how to prevent the accumulation of leaves and debris. It appears that the only way to stay on top of it is to continuously clean that area. Most importantly, we want to thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much.
Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I enjoy staying at this hotel.I was here for the USTA League with my team. The hotel was very convenience and close to where I play tennis. The hotel accommodate and enclose a free breakfast with my hotel. I would definitely come back and stay whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Cindy B
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Cindy B.:

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel that you posted on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you found our location to work so well for you. Most importantly, thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Rosemead area.

San Diego
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in Los Angeles for business. The hotel is conveniently located off the 60 freeway about 10 miles outside of LA. It is also located near a shopping mall and some nice restaurants, There is actually an Olive Garden right across the street. At check in I noticed that the hotel staff was not friendly. In fact if the attendant said hello she must have muttered it so low that I missed it. The room was clean and comfortable. It seemed a little dated but was still nice. The hotel has a small bar in the lobby. We decided to go there and have a beer. We got the same kind of non friendly treatment from the person working the bar area. I just looked at my wife and said "maybe they all got the same training in being standoffish. All in all this is a nice convenient place to stay but dont expect them to act like they are happy you came.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Gene2459:
Thank you for taking the time to submit your observations about our hotel to TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the less than hospitable interaction you had with at least two members of our staff. We are in the hospitality business and all of our associates should be conversant and helpful to all of our guests. I know who the bartender was when you were here and he will be counselled appropriately. As far as the female Guest Service Agent at the front desk, if you remember her name or possibly could describe her to me that would be helpful. It is incumbent upon us to ensure that nobody comes away from our hotel with the negative perception that both you and your wife had. Clearly, we cannot be successful unless we find a way to eliminate such perceptions. I assure you that we will be following up on your remarks. And I hope you will give us another chance at staying here so we can regain your confidence in us. We do thank you for your past patronage. We appreciate your business very much.
Gilbert, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Every Double Tree hotel I have ever stayed at has always given my family and I exceptional service. However on this occasion, from checking in to when we checked out everything went wrong. First of all, the front desk checked us into a room that was already occupied by a guest. When I went back down to the front desk, they really didn't seem to care or take responsibility. The following day before we checked out, we went down to have breakfast. My family and I waited almost 15 minutes before we were even acknowledged. And even then I still had to repeatedly ask for different waiters to bring us the same things I had already asked for. I understand that it was Mother's Day brunch and it was busy, but there were other people who were being taken care of before us. Our waitress in particular was very rude. I was truly very disappointed by my experience at this hotel. Appearance wise, overall the hotel looks great. However the service was terrible. For this reason, I will not be returning nor will I recommend it to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Stephanie A.
I sincerely apologize to you for poor experience and lack of service you and your family received over Mother's Day weekend. Obviously, it was a very busy time. However, there is never any excuse for rudeness. Certainly, if you recall the name of our Team member who was responsible for your negative feelings about our hotel I would want to know who it was. My direct line at the hotel is 323-201-3451. I wish there was some way that we could show you that what you experienced is very atypical of the service delivery that we commonly provide. DoubleTree by Hilton has an excellent reputation and I hope that we have not besmirched that by your experience with us. We do value your business and would love to have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes. Thank you for your past patronage. We hope to see you again in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Last week I had a disappointing stay at a DoubleTree in Texas and was apprehensive about this stay but after staying in this nice property my faith in DoubleTree has been restored.

Here is what I liked and didn't like about this hotel and my stay:

Positive: Well kept property, clean rooms, nice shower, close to restaurants and the Montebello Mall (across the street), easy to find from the highway, good rate, reasonable cancellation policy (many hotels have an unreasonable cancellation policy so it's good to find some that allow some flexibility), microwave, and a refrigerator.

Negatives: Parking further than I would like due to construction to add on a new wing to the building, The Housekeeping staff could be heard aggressively banging on doors up and down the hallway and loudly calling out "Housekeeping" early in the morning.

I would stay here again because the overall experience is very good and the hotel location is convenient to many places in Los Angeles. I would however, put a Do Not Disturb sign on my door and talk to the manager to ensure I don't wake up to the sound of "housekeeping" on my floor and doors being banged on early in the morning.

Room Tip: Put a do not disturb sign on your door to ensure housekeeping doesn't wake you and ask the manag...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Warren D.
Thank you for submitting your comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you had such a good overall stay with us and that your faith has been restored in the DoubleTree by Hilton brand. I do apologize for the disturbances you experienced from our Housekeeping staff. They do start at 8:00 A.M. but they do not have to be loud in attempting to enter and clean rooms down the hall. I will have a conversation with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that they keep their hallway noise to a minimum while they are entering rooms. We do thank you for your past patronage. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again in the future.
CONCORD
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel was great. Beds were better than The Fest Parker in Santa Barbara at 25% of the price. Rooms were clean. We travel a lot and this place was great. Staff was on the mark. No issues with our stay. Across the street is a huge mall that was nice. Pool and spa were nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Lorne T.:
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found our location to be a good one, especially due to the fact that we are right across the street from the Shops at Montebello. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business very much. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.
Steve Winning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!