“Wake Up Calls Suck”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Twice, not just once, but twice I did NOT receive my wake up calls. Nearly missed my flight home the second time! And now, I cannot even complete the survey because I do not have a minimum of 200 characters! How much more can you possibly irritate one customer?

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Greg F.
Thank you for sharing your comments with TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced with your wake up calls. That is certainly unacceptable. If you could let us know at what time and on what day you made these requests we can track it back to find out what happened. Again, I deeply regret the inconvenience this must have caused.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel had faulty A/C in all 4 rooms they put me in. I have stayed in many Hilton brand hotels and have never had as many problems in any hotel(including non-hilton) as I have had in this one. The staff was rude and when I complained about a illegal drug smell at the reception desk they acted like i was a liar and then a GM called my room and told me that I need to be more polite to his desk clerks.

1  Thank Randolph D
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Randolph D:
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor online survey after your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely regret that you experienced so many disappointments when you were with us. There is certainly never any excuse for rudeness on the part of our staff and I apologize if one of our Team members came across that way. It was my understanding that your company provided a room for you as the trainer for your assigned group. We were not aware that your family would be with you as your company only arranged for you to stay with us. We also appreciate your informing us of what smelled like marijuana in the hallway. Your threat to sue and own our hotel if you lost your job because of a drug test which you believed you would fail by smelling marijuana in the hallway certainly was not necessary and hard to believe that you would be in jeopardy because of this. Not knowing exactly what room this may have been coming from we are not able to knock on nearby doors to check as this could disturb other guests having nothing to do with what smelled like marijuana to you. I understand that that was one of the reasons for a room change to a different floor. And yes, I did call your room and left a message with your wife to return a call to me, which you did after you returned from your work assignment shortly after 3:00 P.M. At that time I apologized to you and informed you that the profanity you used in our lobby was unacceptable, to which you replied that you were frustrated with the problems you experienced. Your company has asked us to inform the if any such unacceptable behaviors from any of their employees or contractors.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Good Hotel, near highways, shopping and resturants. The room was clean and well stocked. Bedding was new and comforatable. I used the small but useable workout room, it had 1 tredmill, 1 stationary bike, 1 oliptical and some free weights. Nothng to write home about. Breakfast was great hot and delicious.

John P.
Thank you for filling out a survey for TripAdvisor on our hotel after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you had such an overall enjoyable stay and that you really enjoyed our hot and tasty breakfast. We are happy that our location worked out so well for you. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Rosemead area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Friendly greetings. Helpful commentaries. Remaining days were very comfortable. We met with friends and relatives for Sunday brunch and were accommodated nicely. Enjoyed several meals. Also enjoyed a beer in the bar one evening. I would stay again when I visit my relatives in Montebello.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dino K.
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for TripAdvisor on our hotel after your recent stay with us. I was so happy to see that you had such a wonderful time. Thanks for choosing us as your hotel to stay in while visiting in nearby Montebello. We appreciate your business very much and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Decent hotel but very dated and in need of renewal. There is construction going on for an addition so I would hope that the rest of the existing structure will be updated afterward. I would stay there again only because of the proximity to my customers in the area.

1  Thank Robert M
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Robert M.,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. And yes, we do have a good location and our hotel will be even better once our new addition and our rooms renovation is completed. We certainly hope we can continue to serve you when you are in the Rosemead area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Overall, the stay was just excellent, but the beds are awsome!! Location is also very convenient since it's just off the freeway and across the street from the Mall. At the time, the hotel is getting a new wing, I'm sure it will be awesome once it's completed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Efrain Z.,
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay at our hotel onTripAdvisor. I was delighted to see that you had a great stay and you found our location to be a good one for you. Thank you very much for your kind remarks. And most importantly, thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much. Looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hair in the bathroom every day. Second day of stay, found roll of duct tape hanging from shower head. dirty mirror, sink. Water gurgling sound in sink drain when air conditioner ran. Noisy air conditioner. Frequent high pitch squeak from exhaust fan on roof outside of room (#309). stained drop in ceiling tiles under air conditioner. Just a poor facility.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

William S.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize to you for the less than satisfactory housekeeping that you experienced. I assure you that this is not the standard that we deliver on a regular basis. There is no excuse for hairs in the sink nor for any duct tape to be left around the shower head. I am reviewing your comments with both our Executive Housekeeper and our Chief Engineer so they can take the appropriate action with their staff that was responsible for these shortcomings. Not only do we thank you for your patronage but we definitely appreciate your feedback so we can address these shortfall items.
Steve Winning

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 12 in Rosemead
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!