“Great location, friendly staff!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked 5 nights for a trip to LA to see the sights. This hotel was easy to get to, centrally located and had great restaurants and shopping conveniently located close by. Every staff member was polite and friendly! We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eileen045
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Eileen045:
Thank you for submitting your comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to see that you had an excellent stay and that our location was perfect for you. Thank you for your kind remarks about our staff and our restaurant. Most importantly, thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Claes A.:
Duplicate review that should probably be deleted.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have many times earlier experienced DoubleTree's hotels and Resorts in USA and Europe and always been satisfied, but not this time. It is a poor managed hotel. It is not a resort, which we knew before we booked, but we thought they would have better attention of the pool area. They did not clean the pool or the area in accordance to what you would expect at a Hilton hotel. Trash was not picked up for days, the pool was dirty and to top it of we found human poop in the pool the last day. When we reported it they sent one of the staff to threw it out but nothing else was done to the pool. Sadly it only reflex the poor management and the lack of education of the staff. The hotel also have a poor breakfast buffet compared to other DoubleTrees. It could be a okay stay for a night or so, but not a whole week as we did. The location is a bit far from many things in L.A. To Santa Monica beaches between 1 hr - 1.5 hr, Hollywood 1 hr.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claes A

Claes A.:
Thank you for submitting your remarks about our hotel after your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced in our pool. Although we wish we could control what our guests do when it comes to negatively affecting other guests I am sorry to say that we cannot. However, we can follow up appropriately and it appears that this was not the case, which I deeply regret. In regard to our breakfast buffet I am sorry you did not find it to your liking. If you could provide specific details we will address those issues as well. We do appreciate your staying with us. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It is a bit out of the way from attractions but that is what I was looking for. The rooms were clean and there is a decent amount of local restaurants to choose from. We had a little drive to Disney and Universal but again that was our choice not to stay too close to the crowds. There is easy freeway access to get anywhere in the area so that is a convenience factor. The price was a little better here away from the attractions as well so that is another positive.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Randy S.
Thank you for responding to your stay with us through TripAdvisor. I was delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us a little bit away from the hustle and bustle of many attractions in the area. And to hear that our location turned out to be just right for you was nice to hear. Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Rosemead area.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Was able to check in early... Although the person who checked us in was on training, another team member was with in reach to help her..Location of the hotel is perfect - close to the Freeway that we needed to travel to and from LA...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dy M

Dy M:
Thank you for responding to your recent stay with us through TripAdvisor. I was delighted to see that you and a great stay and I was happy to hear that you were checked in properly with our trainee at the front desk. We do have an excellent location and I was glad to hear that it worked so well for you. Most importantly, thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Rosemead area.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Twice, not just once, but twice I did NOT receive my wake up calls. Nearly missed my flight home the second time! And now, I cannot even complete the survey because I do not have a minimum of 200 characters! How much more can you possibly irritate one customer?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Greg F.
Thank you for sharing your comments with TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced with your wake up calls. That is certainly unacceptable. If you could let us know at what time and on what day you made these requests we can track it back to find out what happened. Again, I deeply regret the inconvenience this must have caused.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel had faulty A/C in all 4 rooms they put me in. I have stayed in many Hilton brand hotels and have never had as many problems in any hotel(including non-hilton) as I have had in this one. The staff was rude and when I complained about a illegal drug smell at the reception desk they acted like i was a liar and then a GM called my room and told me that I need to be more polite to his desk clerks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Randolph D
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Randolph D:
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor online survey after your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely regret that you experienced so many disappointments when you were with us. There is certainly never any excuse for rudeness on the part of our staff and I apologize if one of our Team members came across that way. It was my understanding that your company provided a room for you as the trainer for your assigned group. We were not aware that your family would be with you as your company only arranged for you to stay with us. We also appreciate your informing us of what smelled like marijuana in the hallway. Your threat to sue and own our hotel if you lost your job because of a drug test which you believed you would fail by smelling marijuana in the hallway certainly was not necessary and hard to believe that you would be in jeopardy because of this. Not knowing exactly what room this may have been coming from we are not able to knock on nearby doors to check as this could disturb other guests having nothing to do with what smelled like marijuana to you. I understand that that was one of the reasons for a room change to a different floor. And yes, I did call your room and left a message with your wife to return a call to me, which you did after you returned from your work assignment shortly after 3:00 P.M. At that time I apologized to you and informed you that the profanity you used in our lobby was unacceptable, to which you replied that you were frustrated with the problems you experienced. Your company has asked us to inform the if any such unacceptable behaviors from any of their employees or contractors.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 12 in Rosemead
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino
The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!