“"Best" Best Western”

Best Western Plus Orchid Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at the Roseville BW; it was after midnight when I checked in with no reservation and found there was a suite available at a very competitive rate. The suite was well appointed and very clean. The bed was so comfy and all the staff were exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rob M
Brittany O, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Orchid Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Rob,

Thank you for making us the "BEST" Best Western. All of our staff works exceptionally hard to ensure every guest experience is above and beyond their expectations. We appreciate you and your business. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I traveled to Roseville with a large group and our stay at the Best Western was not every enjoyable. I was woken up every morning (between 6:00 and 7:00) by the maids talking very loudly in the hallways and construction being done outside my window. There was a bar close to my room so a lot of noise came from there. The service was nothing special and the workers did not seem to know much about their hotel. For those of us who wanted to us the hotel Wifi, we had to go to a friends room to access it. The Wifi did not cover the entire hotel. The worst part was getting bitten by bugs that I later found in of my bed. GROSS! This was not only the problem in my room but also my friends room. Definitely not a very clean hotel. I would not suggest this hotel. The location was nice though.

Room Tip: I was in a room where the door faced the outside plaza. I would have preferred a room inside the hal...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CaliforniaToOregon
Brittany O, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Orchid Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Theo,

First we want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All reviews and information are important to us.

We are sorry to hear you had to deal with the construction noise. The hotel was promised no construction on the weekends. Unfortunately this didn’t happen. We were able to get a hold of the property management and have this stopped immediately. We know how valuable sleep can be.

We would welcome your return and let us know what we can do next time to bring your review of us up. We strive to have every guest have a perfect stay every time.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Not happy that as a loyal customer who stays once a month every month for business that I can't be notified of changes such as price policies when paying cash verses credit card, or that incidentals are now being charged to our cards up front as I only keep enough cash on card for the business trip and nothing more.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracy P

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concern about our hotel policy. Each BEST WESTERN hotel is independently owned and operated. With that being said, hotel policies can change when staying at different hotels within the Best Western Chain. We appreciate your business and we always try our best to communicate effectively with our guests to ensure their experience is a positive one. Thank you for being so understanding of our new cash policy and look forward to your next visit to Roseville.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Had a nice room at the Best Western and overall nice stay, however, there were a few things that could have made it better! Upon arrival, the young lady at the front desk said she could not find my name and then told me it was because I booked the room via Expedia's website, only I had not. I did not use Expedia yet she continued to insist, while I told her that I had not. Good customer service, in my opinion, does not include blaming the customer for something and then continue to argue with them about it! In addition to this, we were not informed of the construction going on right next door, and right outside of our room! At 8:00am on a Saturday morning, the sounds of tractors and other construction sounds filled our room. Our stay was to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday, and had I known about the construction noise on the morning, I probably would have chosen a more quiet option.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Theo N

Dear Theo,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have never gone wrong with Best Western and this facility was top notch! And a Non-Smoking facility - YEA!! Our room was very nicely decorated and had been recently upgraded throughout. Bed and room were very comfortable and we slept well. There were lots of outlets to charge all our electronic devices and the wireless internet was easy to access. We are traveling for 2 weeks so the refrigerator was very much appreciated to keep our few items cool and refreeze our blue ice for our ice chest. The pool/hot tub area was well maintained, however, there was a girls high school soccer team staying there so we opted out of using the pool-it was well used and busy. Breakfast offered a lot of choices both hot and cold and coffee was available 24-7. All in all, everything we needed and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Brittany O, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Orchid Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Patrick,

That you for staying us! We appreciate your review and the positive feedback you have given us. It truly does make a difference when you stay with people that care. That is our word to you. We look forward to your next family visit and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Beautiful, spotless, courteous staff, polite staff & always very helpful. It has the best breakfast of any hotels. The court yard was inviting & very relaxing, w/ a large tree, wood deck w/ tables & chairs surrounding the tree. The breakfast was fresh, hot and delicious. The rooms are large and quiet. A beautiful place to stay. Free wi-fi without any problems, simple to log onto. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Choose a room looking over the court yard.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Leland,

Thank you for sharing your review with others and letting them know how well we accodate our guests. We are happy to hear you had no trouble logging onto our wireless internet and enjoyed our property. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The help at the front desk is top notch. Nikki is the best, anytime I have a question she is more than helpful. Thank you Nikki and best western plus orchid hotel hotel for hiring great staff. I have to fill out 200 characters so I am going to say a bunch of nonsense. Because it ridiculous that I have to do this.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Brittany O, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Orchid Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear C,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Front Desk Staff and special thanks to Nikki for all her hard work and dedication. We will make sure she is recognized on a job well done.