“Bring your swimsuit and ear plugs” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Roseville

Fairfield Inn Roseville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Central Valley, California
“Bring your swimsuit and ear plugs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2008

The hotel itself is very nice.
My room was clean and seemed like new. I thought the bed was very comfortable.
There is a breakfast buffett, which I did not have; but it sounded like there were a lot of different breakfast options offered.
There is an indoor pool. However, the pool draws families, and there were A LOT of noisy kids running up and down the halls until very late, when of course I had to be up early.
Even when they were quiet, you could hear the stomping through the thin walls.
Great for families; wouldn't recommend for business travelers.

• Liked — The room quality was excellent
  • Disliked — Could hear people talking and running in the hallways, doors and walls are too thin
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
northern California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2007

Roseville hotels gets pretty full during the week with business travelers. As a frequent business traveler, I generally like Marriotts so I tried this place several times but I finally gave up on it. The property is just too poorly managed. On three separate occasions, they were full when I arrived at about 8PM and didn't bother to call me and tell me ahead of time even though I had a confirmed reservation! Instead, they let me schlep my bags in after a long workday (once in the pouring rain) and only THEN do they tell me they have booked me elsewhere. No thanks, there are better managed properties in Roseville.

Stayed April 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2007

This is a great hotel to stay at. The staff was friendly. I had an early flight when i was leaving and the lady at the front desk gave me a banana and sweet roll to take because it was before breakfast hours. Speaking of breakfast, its free and its pretty good, waffles, egg and sausage sandwiches, cereal. Also this hotel has free wireless internet in your room which is good since i was alone on business and i wouldnt be bored at night. Also has a smallish pool and nice hot tub. This place is great! Located near my office and made my stay away from home nice.

G Man

• Liked — Great hotel all around.
  • Disliked — Nothing to speak of.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank GMan5431
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2004

Usually we stay at Fairfield Inns because they are great, staff is attentive to detail, no problems! This time, we arrived around 10:30PM, and were quickly given a room on the 3rd floor, key and a quick check in at that hour. We found the room, unlocked the door and clicked on the light. Walked in, and found the tv on, noticed fast food burgers on the night stand, used towels and the smell of perfume in the room. Called the clerk, he said to come back down with all our stuff we had lugged up there! Said it was a "computer problem", did not seem too surprised!! We asked what would they have done if the occupants had been in bed or tried to retaliate thinking we had broken into their room? We were so tired from travel to leave and find another hotel, he gave us another room, but we spent a restless night. Also, the message light on the phone was always on, we called down and no message, the clerk said he would turn the light off, but it kept coming on all night long! Spent mostly sleepless night, got up at 6 AM, and left for home. And they charged $99 for that room, was not worth it, that's for sure. I wrote to the main office, have not had any answer yet. Will not stay there again!!! This happened Dec. 14, 2004.

• Stayed December 2004