“Moodaepo Korean BBQ, Rowland Heights, Ca.”
Review of Moodaepo

Moodaepo
Ranked #10 of 163 Restaurants in Rowland Heights
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The restaurant really lives up to it's popularity for all you can eat unlimited Korean BBQ and seafood. The staff is very professional and effective. They make sure that everything is in perfect order. The choices range from 26 to 39 kinds of meats, seafood, and vegetables. All of which you cook for yourself at your table. They have 10 different soup and noodle dishes that is included, you can choose one or all. Each table has several banchan side dishes, including the most famous kimchi. I consider the food as being very high quality. This is our second dining at Moodaepo and it will not be our last. I will recommend it to my friends. It's very good dinning.

1  Thank John C

Reviewed 29 September 2013

On a Saturday evening we decided to have dinner here. Probably not a good choice but we ended up waiting for 30 minutes before we were seated. Fortunately there are benches outside the restaurant to sit. We were used to the self-serve AYCE type Korean BBQ, especially the one in Riverside and this was our first try on AYCE that you order through the wait staff. Pick from the 4 set menu and you choose what you want from the set. For being our first try here, we just wanted the cheapest set $16.99 (price will go up Oct. 1 for $1 more) which has 19 items available to choose from. All the meats were of good quality from the first plate to the last. You have two hours to enjoy your dinner and they start timing when you place your first order. Then they will come for last call 15 minutes before your two hours is up. Service was great considering how busy the place was. Appetizers were already set out on the table when taken to be seated and you can order more if you like any particular items. All in all, a great value if you are a meat eater. It cost extra for the vegetable wraps ($5.99) plate if you like to wrap your meat with. The place can be noisy because of the TVs with K-Pop all around the restaurant plus the bustling of people but the decor is modern and sleek.

1  Thank ROCruiser
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Very friendly. I really enjoyed BBQ. Loved the short ribs. Never had to wait for someone to refill anything there were always there when you needed them I'm handicap. And they made sure I was very comfortable. I told them it was my first time. And they made sure to invite me right back. Thank you for being so nice. I will be back it was nice

1  Thank Cristina7969
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The Kobe Style Beef Short Rib is absolutely amazing! Beautifully marbled and cooked on the bone, the meat is just as tender as skirt steak and just juicy as can be. Rare to medium rare is the best way to enjoy this cut and paired well with a short dunk in the sesame oil/salt mixture. Thumb up, way up!

Prime Beef Brisket was sliced and had beautiful marbling as well. A short time on the grill is the perfect cooking time. The method of cutting against the grain just makes it melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Thumbs up!

The Premium Cut Sirloin is thinly sliced and almost looked like prosciutto. Beautiful red and white coloring contrast gets your taste buds going. A very short time on the grill will brown and melt the fat. I paired it with the bean sprout panjan and it worked perfectly together – tender beef and a crunchy texture from the bean sprouts. Thumbs up, way up!

Tiger Shrimp are huge! Personally, I would have liked the heads left on to get more flavor and the “miso” or head fat is always a treat for me. Seafood has a perfect cooking thermometer in their shells. When you see red/pink, it’s done. The shrimp had the perfect snap and were as sweet as can be. If you dare, bite into them with the shell on. The shell imparts a different flavor to the shrimp and adds a crunchy texture as well. Or if you fancy, you can shell them with ease. Thumbs up, way up!

Bulgogi is Korean’s take on “teriyaki”. With the yin and yang of sweet versus salty, it caramelizes well on the grill and adds a charred flavor to the meat. It is tenderer than most Japanese teriyaki beef. Pair this with either cabbage or cucumber kimchi and it will definitely make your taste buds scream in excitement. Thumbs up, way up!

If you a bizarre food lover, try the small intestine, large intestine, and abomasum (maw or rennet bag, which is fourth stomach compartment of a cow). They have a spicy option as well. Both flavors are really good just depends on your spice level. They are expertly cleaned but still need a long cooking time before eating. If you like chitlins (Southern-style pork intestine) and tripas (Mexican style milk gut), you’ll love the Korean version as well. The texture can be a little chewy, but the grilled parts have a crispy texture and impart a char-grilled flavor. There aren't any barnyard flavors/aromas as they are brined overnight to remove the off flavor and scents. I don’t know how to describe the flavor; I just know I love it! If you are unsure how to cook it, your server would be happy to do it for you.

They have a great selection of Cocktail Soju. The Lemon Soju was run of the mill – lemony and refreshing. Pomegranate Soju was delightfully tangy and perked up the senses. Blueberry Soju was mild with the essence of sweet blueberry flavor. The most interesting and favorite flavor of the night was Yogurt Soju with a creamy, yet tangy sweet flavor. These are all mixed up fresh by your server, no pre-bottled mixes here.

1  Thank OCFoodDiva