“Nice room close to Asian dining”

Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rowland Heights
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The motel was easily accessed by the freeway and employees were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was geared for Asian customers of which there were many. There was a large choice of Asian restaurants in the area and we tried Thai and Japanese which we enjoyed.

Room Tip: The windows do not open - rooms away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Executive Inn

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I am a frequent guest at this property. I cannot begin to tell people how much of a pleasure it is to stay here. The front desk is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy. The breakfast is delicious and filling. The amenities (pool, fitness room, business center) make my trips here a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Try to book rooms facing the street. The other side is facing the 60 freeway and can get noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ken L
Best Western-Ex... I, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to input your review at our property. On behalf of our team, we want to thank you for your continuous support and we hope we have been meeting your expectations. We hope to continue our service to you and just a reminder to be alert for our new upgrades as we prepare for a new upcoming year.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel few times and I can definitely see the improvement every time I stayted there. The rooms are spacious with two queen size beds, free parking, internet and breakfast (both Chinese and American styles). The hotel is right off RT 60 and there are plenty of restaurants around.

The beds are nice and clean, but I think they can have some improvement on cleaning the bathtub. We saw clearly someone's foot print in black and we had to wash that off. My parents were going to take hot bath and we decided not to because we are not sure how clean is the bathtub.....

And we heard the train passing by....it was loud..and the hotel is right next to RT60, so you can probably hear the cars .

Room Tip: There are train passing by the area and you could probably hear it at nights....and highway 60 is pa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Best Western-Ex... I, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

We are glad to hear that you have continued staying with us and have noticed the improvements we have made on our property. We have even upgraded our complimentary continental breakfast to a hot full breakfast, which now includes more selections such as egg patties and biscuit and gravy, and more. Regarding the bathtub cleanliness, the problem was very unlikely because I can ensure you our housekeeping services the rooms daily, including the bathroom, so I do apologize and will speak to our housekeeping on the matter.

For future references, if you do continue to stay with us, a suggestion is to try one of our interior rooms, including the deluxe room and junior suite, which can avoid the traffic and train noise even more.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we hope you continue your future stays with us here.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This review is only for their Jr suite.
I stayed there for 2 nights, 1 night in their regular room and 1 night in their Jr. Suite.
I was really surprised to see the big difference between these 2 rooms.

The entrance of Jr. Suite is located inside their main lobby. Rest of their regular rooms' entrance is located outside and around the hotel. When I opened the door, the spacious room just make you feel you are in a VIP room. (consider that I stayed in a regular room at the prior night) There is a office desk, a sofa seats area, a big TV ,a Ipod/Iphone alarm, 2 sleeping robes, a full set of coffee maker and a water boiler and a mini sink.

On top of that, the quality of shampoo/conditioner and body wash is also better in the Jr. Suite compared to the regular room. I was surprised that how "upgraded" their Jr suite is compared to the regular room. I get that "you get what you pay for" but this still surprised me.

The hotel is located in a convenient location, right next to freeway and across from many Chinese restaurant and a Chinese market.

One downside, the staff is not that hospitable as I expected. When I checked out in the morning, the staff doesnt even bother to look me. Not sure if she was having a bad day or something. Also, when I checked in, the staff didn't tell me their breakfast hours is different for weekday and weekend, so, I missed the breakfast hour. It is no biggie.

Overall, the room is clean and not much to complain about and I would come back here again.
(hope the staffs can be more friendly)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your thorough review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our junior suite and even provided pictures of the room. Our junior suite does include more room amenities and we are glad that after staying in both our standard and junior suite rooms, you were able to distinguish the differences, along with the price difference.

On behalf of our staff, I do want to apologize that you didn't receive our top notch customer service that we strive to provide and our front desk staff will be advised. Additionally, we apologize for not informing you about the breakfast hours which runs, Mon-Fri from 6AM to 9AM, and Sat-Sun from 6AM to 10AM.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially your room, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

The room was very nice, it has a free breakfast, and is near many very good Chinese restaurants and a supermarket. On the down side, the hairdryer sent out 6 inch long sparks when we used it the first day. One of the lamps also made sparking noises because of a loose light bulb. Neither one caused a problem, but it could have been a hazard. We told them about it the first day, and they gave us a hand-held hair dryer to use, but the problems were not fixed during our 6 day stay. Will it be a hazard for the next guest? All in all it was nice though.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Best Western-Ex... I, Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed the convenience of being able to walk to the nearby restaurants and supermarket. On the other hand, we apologize for your "electrifying experience" with the in-room hair dryer during your stay. We will speak with our front desk agents who handled your case and work with our staff to ensure similar experiences will not occur again. A standard procedure of our hotel is for our housekeepers to inspect the in-room amenities and equipments before a guest checks into a room and after a guest checks out of a room; therefore, the defective in-room hair dryer has been replaced. Once again, we would like to apologize for not being able to resolve the issue in a more efficient manner during your stay with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review and hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Pros:
-Convenient to the city. Practically 5 miles to our basic needs.
-Clean.
-Walls are thick enough that we didn't hear any noise.

Cons:
-The staff are not that hospitable. Not a single staff made us feel that we are being catered like other Best Western Staff. During breakfast, it was just me and my Mom in the dining area, there was a man who was standing and watching us eat. You could tell he is a staff but it is just so awkward to be eating with someone watching your every move on the buffet table. He didn't even ask us if we were doing okay. Didn't ask if we need anything. But when this group of Asians came in, they are taken care off to the crumbs.
-Price is more expensive by about 40 bucks, but it was in California.
-For the price, the room didn't have a microwave. 90 bucks room of Best Western somewhere beats this one.
-The parking lots are so small. We drove a large-sized SUV. We were afraid we'll get dented.
-Breakfast is not that good.

*We were so tired that we didn't really use other amenities. I do not recommend this Best Western.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are good enough. We didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Best Western-Ex... I, Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Your issues will be discussed in our next staff meeting to ensure similar things won’t happen again. We hope to see you again.

Sarah Lam
Sales Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Advantages:
- Free parking
- Nice pool
- Bright, clean rooms
- Free Internet
- Good breakfast
- Cheap
- Gym
- Friendly staff

Disadvantages:
- Close proximity to a major road and what I railroad by the sounds of things
- Far from most sights (you will need a car)
- The doors could do with an extra bolt and anyone walking past could see right into the room
- The in-room games console wasn't free

Would I return? Absolutely, this place offers a great service at an unbeatable price.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room and make sure you're located on the second floor. I think the best...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PhillyFeatures

Thank you for your thorough reviews of our property. I am glad that you got to experience the great customer service that we strive to provide. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowland Heights
Pacific Palms Resort
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry
Quality Inn & Suites Walnut
Best Western Plus West Covina Inn
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center
Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Executive Inn? Share your experiences!