“Didn't have good sleep because of traffic noise”

Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rowland Heights
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The room window could not be closed tightly. I heard the sound of freeway traffic the whole night. Told the clerk about it next morning. However, there is no improvement at all for the 2nd night. Plus, the shower gel dispenser did not work. Told the clerk, too, but it still didn't work at the 2nd night.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to input your experience here with us. On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. All our standard rooms are facing the freeway. However, if guests are light sleepers, we also have business rooms available that are not facing the freeway, which might fit your likings more. In regards to the room window, they are closed and mounted into the wall. However, we will investigate further and discuss this issue with our maintenance. We will ensure all our windows are installed tightly.

In regards to the shower gel dispensers, they are checked daily, so perhaps if you can provide me the name of the reservation, we can do some investigation and ensure that similar problems will not arise again.

Thank you again for your response and we hope you continue your future stays here with us so we can provide you a better experience.

Jane Chang

A Best Western traveller
Reviewed 22 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western-Ex... I, Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Reviewed 14 November 2012

The motel was easily accessed by the freeway and employees were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was geared for Asian customers of which there were many. There was a large choice of Asian restaurants in the area and we tried Thai and Japanese which we enjoyed.

Room Tip: The windows do not open - rooms away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I am a frequent guest at this property. I cannot begin to tell people how much of a pleasure it is to stay here. The front desk is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy. The breakfast is delicious and filling. The amenities (pool, fitness room, business center) make my trips here a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Try to book rooms facing the street. The other side is facing the 60 freeway and can get noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ken L
Best Western-Ex... I, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to input your review at our property. On behalf of our team, we want to thank you for your continuous support and we hope we have been meeting your expectations. We hope to continue our service to you and just a reminder to be alert for our new upgrades as we prepare for a new upcoming year.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel few times and I can definitely see the improvement every time I stayted there. The rooms are spacious with two queen size beds, free parking, internet and breakfast (both Chinese and American styles). The hotel is right off RT 60 and there are plenty of restaurants around.

The beds are nice and clean, but I think they can have some improvement on cleaning the bathtub. We saw clearly someone's foot print in black and we had to wash that off. My parents were going to take hot bath and we decided not to because we are not sure how clean is the bathtub.....

And we heard the train passing by....it was loud..and the hotel is right next to RT60, so you can probably hear the cars .

Room Tip: There are train passing by the area and you could probably hear it at nights....and highway 60 is pa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Best Western-Ex... I, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

We are glad to hear that you have continued staying with us and have noticed the improvements we have made on our property. We have even upgraded our complimentary continental breakfast to a hot full breakfast, which now includes more selections such as egg patties and biscuit and gravy, and more. Regarding the bathtub cleanliness, the problem was very unlikely because I can ensure you our housekeeping services the rooms daily, including the bathroom, so I do apologize and will speak to our housekeeping on the matter.

For future references, if you do continue to stay with us, a suggestion is to try one of our interior rooms, including the deluxe room and junior suite, which can avoid the traffic and train noise even more.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we hope you continue your future stays with us here.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This review is only for their Jr suite.
I stayed there for 2 nights, 1 night in their regular room and 1 night in their Jr. Suite.
I was really surprised to see the big difference between these 2 rooms.

The entrance of Jr. Suite is located inside their main lobby. Rest of their regular rooms' entrance is located outside and around the hotel. When I opened the door, the spacious room just make you feel you are in a VIP room. (consider that I stayed in a regular room at the prior night) There is a office desk, a sofa seats area, a big TV ,a Ipod/Iphone alarm, 2 sleeping robes, a full set of coffee maker and a water boiler and a mini sink.

On top of that, the quality of shampoo/conditioner and body wash is also better in the Jr. Suite compared to the regular room. I was surprised that how "upgraded" their Jr suite is compared to the regular room. I get that "you get what you pay for" but this still surprised me.

The hotel is located in a convenient location, right next to freeway and across from many Chinese restaurant and a Chinese market.

One downside, the staff is not that hospitable as I expected. When I checked out in the morning, the staff doesnt even bother to look me. Not sure if she was having a bad day or something. Also, when I checked in, the staff didn't tell me their breakfast hours is different for weekday and weekend, so, I missed the breakfast hour. It is no biggie.

Overall, the room is clean and not much to complain about and I would come back here again.
(hope the staffs can be more friendly)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your thorough review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our junior suite and even provided pictures of the room. Our junior suite does include more room amenities and we are glad that after staying in both our standard and junior suite rooms, you were able to distinguish the differences, along with the price difference.

On behalf of our staff, I do want to apologize that you didn't receive our top notch customer service that we strive to provide and our front desk staff will be advised. Additionally, we apologize for not informing you about the breakfast hours which runs, Mon-Fri from 6AM to 9AM, and Sat-Sun from 6AM to 10AM.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially your room, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

The room was very nice, it has a free breakfast, and is near many very good Chinese restaurants and a supermarket. On the down side, the hairdryer sent out 6 inch long sparks when we used it the first day. One of the lamps also made sparking noises because of a loose light bulb. Neither one caused a problem, but it could have been a hazard. We told them about it the first day, and they gave us a hand-held hair dryer to use, but the problems were not fixed during our 6 day stay. Will it be a hazard for the next guest? All in all it was nice though.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Best Western-Ex... I, Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed the convenience of being able to walk to the nearby restaurants and supermarket. On the other hand, we apologize for your "electrifying experience" with the in-room hair dryer during your stay. We will speak with our front desk agents who handled your case and work with our staff to ensure similar experiences will not occur again. A standard procedure of our hotel is for our housekeepers to inspect the in-room amenities and equipments before a guest checks into a room and after a guest checks out of a room; therefore, the defective in-room hair dryer has been replaced. Once again, we would like to apologize for not being able to resolve the issue in a more efficient manner during your stay with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review and hope to see you here again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowland Heights
Best Western Plus West Covina Inn
Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar
Quality Inn & Suites Walnut
Pacific Palms Resort
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
Holiday Inn West Covina
Holiday Inn West Covina
#3 of 7 in West Covina

Been to Best Western Plus Executive Inn? Share your experiences!