“Great location and staff”

Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rowland Heights
Albuquerque NM
“Great location and staff”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The positives:
1. Great location for checking out the Chinese food scene in the Rowland Heights area. The Mandarin plaza next doors and 99 Ranch plaza across the street have excellent Chinese restaurants.
2. Staff is nice and helpful. Ben at the front desk was particularly nice and helpful and really cared about guest satisfaction.
3. Breakfast was good
4. In-room mini-refridgerator and microwave were useful.
5. Easy access to CA60

The negative:
Hotel is right next to CA60, so traffic noise was an issue. Even though I had an interior room, I could easily hear the traffic though the window (and there is constant traffic on CA60). However, when I crank the air conditioner to high, the white noise from the air conditioner drowned out the traffic noise and I was able to sleep fine.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed here in April for a wedding, we were surprised by the service of the staff, something you do not see anymore, "REAL" service...room was clean, excellent bed, we stayed in a king room, breakfast was normal hotel breakfast, I would stay here again,.

Room Tip: ask for king rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to input your review at our property. I am glad that our rooms and friendly staff were able to meet your expectations. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to serving you again.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 30 May 2013

If you booked for three days and you want to only stay for two days, you will not get refund. That is only one (Best Western) as I know has that policy. It is only for Chinese who cannot speak good English and for those who want to eat, shop for Chinese goods.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Louis L
Thank you for taking the time to input your review at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. In regards to an early check out, it depends on where you made the booking. Every company provides a different early check out policy that is out of the hotel property’s control. Thus, I would recommend reading the terms and conditions of each company’s early check out policy to better know in advance. Please understand this is not only hotel policy, but the policy of each individual company too and it applies to all guests. Thank you again for your response and we hope to serve you in the future again.

Alameda, CA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I picked this hotel because I knew it is in the midst of Asian food galore! Sure enough, you can walk out the door, across the parking lot and you have 2 good- size Chinese shopping centers with a wide array of restaurants to choose from. I was informed that the hotel has complimentary "continental" breakfast.....FAR FROM IT! Hot and cold cereals, muffins, bread, self-made waffles, sausages, tater tots, eggs, fruit, AND Chinese porridge (with 4 different toppings) and hot soy milk
is not continental! My elderly parents especially enjoyed the stay and in spite of the location next to the 60 highway, noise was not a problem for us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank onthegojl
Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to input your review at our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location and the convenience of walking to more than 20 international restaurants nearby. I am also glad to hear you and your family enjoyed our “hot, full breakfast” which is a new addition we have added. We look forward to serving you again.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We had 1 night stay at this hotel. Our room was facing the pool area. It had 2 double size beds, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and big LCD TV (40" i think). The room was clean. The kids enjoyed playing in the bath tub.

Our kids love eating congee, so we were happy that they served this at breakfast along with pork floss. Breakfast was simple but filling - pancake maker, breads, ham, eggs, potato tots, coffee, juices, and cereals.

So sad that it was just 1 day. This is our 2nd time staying in this hotel. Location is near the Chinese area so lots of Chinese restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to input your review at our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our “hot, full breakfast” which is a new addition we have added. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our newly installed 42” flat screens located in all our rooms. We look forward to serving you again.

Dagupan ,Philippines
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was the last leg of our west coast swing staying at mostly best western,and we did spend 5 nights occupying 3 rooms at the reommendation of a relative.The hotel is located near restaurants and commercial establishments but aside from that other aspects fails the Best Western standard.Upon entering our 3 non smoking rooms ,cigarette smoke odor still lingering and I have to have my rooms changed as I can't stand the smoke odor. Beds and linen were just ordinary and noise from the freeway was loud.Breakfast items were scarce and seems like took them awhile to refill.request for late check(4pm) out for 1 room only was turned down inspite of our long stay and 3 rooms.I would look for alternative place to stay if ever coming back to this area.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank pfc1203
Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to input your review at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Regarding the smoke odor in the rooms, we will make sure that those rooms will be treated for the smoke odor properly. For your concern about late check out, we were actually fully committed on the day of your check out. Since check in time is 3pm we were not able to fully fulfill your late check request. Thank you again for your response and we hope to serve you in the future again.

Clovis, California
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Awesome, pleasant, and personable experience...... the entire staff was very nice from check-in, cleaning, breakfast, and check-out..... thank you for making this a pleasant stay.... the breakfast spread was very good and there was a wide variety to choose from.

Room Tip: anything on north side of the property away from the soundwall and freeway
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowland Heights
Pacific Palms Resort
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center
Best Western Plus West Covina Inn
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Executive Inn? Share your experiences!