“Very nice place lovely rooms and beautiful surroundings”
Review of Giant Oaks Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Running Springs
Giant Oaks Lodge
“Very nice place lovely rooms and beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We arrived late and very tired after a long drive. Got a very friendly welcome plus a discount on the room although we probably would have taken it for much higher price aswell, because we were pretty exhausted. The room was lovely, clean and well equiped with fridge, wifi, coffee machine, hairdryer and nice and clean bathroom.
Very recommendable and def would come back if I wouldn't live on the other side of the world.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank gaffke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank gaffke
Yucaipa, California, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I worked for this place for only two weeks, and fired. I believe I was fired due to my consistent nagging about Susa and Gary having to make certain repairs, and keeping the blankets clean. DO NOT ever use the blankets, or dust covers to sleep. They do not clean them for months at a time. The only thing we turned over was the sheets and pillow cases. They (Susa and Gary) care more about how fast you can make the room "look" clean then actually making it sanitary.

I also seen on many occasions where they have been rude to guest that request more towels and toilet paper. Not only that they have twelve cats, three dogs that love to lay on the bed sheets in the housekeeping office. Beware of this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Amy K
Highland
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Was a last minute getaway without a place to stay we stopped in at the Fireside Cocktails we asked if there was a nearby hotel and they recommended Giant Oak Lodge.

Very reasonably priced very outgoing and friendly service. Beautifully kept property, was very impressed with the cabin 104 that we stayed in. The indoor and pool and spa were very well kept and open at all hours. We originally planned on staying one night but were so impressed with Giant Oak Lodge we decided to extend our stay for the rest of the weekend.

I would and will recommend the Giant Oak Lodge to anyone who is looking for a nice relaxing getaway and I am looking forward to returning very soon. Again thank you Lisa

Room Tip: Was very impressed with the cabin 104 Rooms are very clean, lots of room and have everything you n...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I arrived late at our friends house to find that he had a power out problem that left him with no heating or electricity to his house. He tried a few places but at 11pm Running Springs is closed. Luckily for us Susa (the owner of giant Oaks) opened the reception door and sleepy but pleasantly saved us from a freezing night at out friends house.
The room was beautifully clean and wonderfully laid out. We had a huge double bed with en-suite double shower in the bathroom and a big jacuzzi bath tub in the room. We only stayed for that single night but will plan to return soon in the future for a longer stay.
Thank you Susa for saving us that night, top marks for hospitality.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coffeebeanthere
Ojai, California, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We are a family of five and recently spent the night in room #107. Staff was incredibly kind and friendly, and the rooms were clean and presentable. The only reason why I cannot give this place a higher rating is simply based on price. $179 for a room of this size, with no "real" entry seems out of place for this area. We had to unload ski gear from our car and it was a challenge with this particular room. The heating system in the room made it difficult for us to get a good night sleep - hard to explain in this space - but it may just be our family. No other reviewer complained so I wont take it into account. Pool was decent, and the water heated, even if a bit "rough" in terms of windows not closing [it was winter] and cheap and broken plastic chairs [pet peeve]. Running Springs is a cute town, and Snow Valley a great resort for little kids. Stay here and know you are getting a clean room and nice spot, but just overpriced for the size of the room and the amenities. Negotiate!

Room Tip: avoid room #107 if you have lots of stuff to unload.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Riverside
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I don’t usually post after traveling, but with my experience at the Giant Oak Lodge in Running Springs, CA, I want to be sure this is read and taken into consideration before you make reservations at this establishment. We frequent mountain lodging areas several times a year. We have been to many quaint towns and invite friends to come with us. After this experience, we will not be back to the Giant Oak Lodge. Upon making our reservation with the owner, she was very friendly and appeared to welcome our reservation. I called back to confirm the rate and her assistant helped me because the owner was with a customer. We were quoted a rate for a Saturday night. Upon arriving for check in, my girlfriend and I were charged two different rates for the identical rooms. We went back to the check in office and bringing it to her attention that she undercharged my card and overcharged my girlfriends card. She said the rate was a different rate than what I was previously quoted. “Oh we must have quoted you an incorrect weekday rate” was her statement. She then recharged my card for the higher rate. Had I known the real rate, I would not have made the reservation, as this establishment does not warrant rates that high. Seeing that is was her mistake, there was no concession given, either a discount, or upgrade or anything.

The next morning my husband and I woke to no water in the toilet, I called the front desk with no answer. There was no emergency line, so I left a message and also asked if we could check out one hour later than the 11:00am check-out. I also went to the office and it was locked up. No one in site. After my husband fixed the toilet himself, we set out to breakfast and a hike with our friends.

Upon returning to the lodge at 11:30 to check out, again the office was locked up tight and we were approached by a cleaning lady in the parking lot. She began to lecture us as to the fact that we were needed to get out of our room and rudely told us check out time was 11:00a. I reiterated the fact that we had room issues and requested a 12:00p check out because we were behind schedule because of it. She did not care or want to hear us and told us that the owners are not available on Sunday. It was apparent a that our business did not matter and return business is not important to the establishments owners.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Pine Knot Guest Ranch
#1 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Giant Oaks Lodge? Share your experiences!