“UH-MAZING!”

Auberge du Soleil
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rutherford
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I dream about the next time we can stay at Auberge...what a magical experience, from the second you drive up the steep driveway to get to the resort, you know you're in for a treat and Auberge did not disappoint. Everything was perfect...tranquil, serene, classy, and so relaxing. The customer service is perfection, everyone, from the valets to the waiters to the concierge, was so friendly and unpretentious. We felt welcome and valued, which we honestly were a little wary of, since it's SO nice at Auberge. Fancy schmancy!!

Whether you just come for a delicious brunch on their famous patio or are fortunate enough to stay for a few days, it's well worth every penny to stay at Auberge!!

Room Tip: Valley facing rooms/suites are nice but honestly, every room seems like a winner!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank miktenaj
There are newer reviews for Auberge du Soleil

Reviewed 25 June 2014

From start to finish the staff went out of their way to make us feel special. The view from our room was glorious and the room itself was very comfortable. The included breakfast was some of the best food I have had anywhere. The room was considerably more pricey than our usual but the service, food and scenery made it worth the extra money. My husband and I will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Spent the afternoon at the bar and had some cookies and drinks. The cookies were fantastic! They make it from scratch, I've heard. We also had a 4 course dinner. I'm usually a very picky eater but once in a blue moon, I try to be a little adventurous. This dinner was a great way to be one! The meal starts off with a complimentary starter. I don't really know what it was but I'm guessing mushrooms with something. I had the kurobuta pork belly, the halibut, and the duck. Oh, the duck. THAT duck! It was so good! For dessert I had the chocolate tart. I can still taste it up to now. It was that good! The service was also one of the best. The servers know what they're selling. By heart, I might add. Everything at Auberge was perfect. Will definitely be back. And the scenery wasn't so bad either. Now, if only it weren't for those insects, that night would've been perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelers_pass
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect. Everything. That's rare & it was such a perfect place to unwind & enjoy the beauty.
The beds were a sumptuous comfort after a day of wine tastings & the absolute quiet was sublime. This is a very special spot in Rutherford & it made everyday truly wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank traveltounravel
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had brunch out on the veranda with spectacular views. Outstanding food and excellent customer service. Cynthia was wonderful and helped us pair our courses with wines. She did a perfect job! The brunch starts with a complimentary starter cocktail. I had the prosecco and my husband had the Bloody Mary - both excellent. The bread basket has a wonderful selection of bread and muffins. I chose the gnocchi with wild mushrooms as my starter. I never had gnocchi melt in my mouth before. It was unbelievable. My husband started with the Onion Tartlette with Salmon - amazing. The salmon was extremely delicate as was the creme fraiche. The tartlette did not have a strong onion flavor and all the tastes went together perfectly. I had the beef short rib - to die for - so tender as to not need a knife. My husband had the halibut - another winner - crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. It came with a mild pesto sauce that had vegetables that were cooked perfectly. To finish - the warm chocolate torte with mint ice cream was so good as was the Peanut Butter Mousse. The entire experience was a very special treat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeana P
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Being in California, you get spoiled with the beautiful weather and amazing views but Auberge takes the California experience to a whole new level. My wife and I went there for our anniversary and after being to so many other beautiful places, we were surprised to find such a gem just 2 hours from our home.

As you check in, they have small desserts in the lobby and oh WOW!!!! Those things are fantastic. The rooms offer a great view of the valley and it is so relaxing to sit in the patio and just enjoy the sunset with some wine. One thing that I really liked was the snacks and drinks in the room were complimentary and so you could enjoy the local flavors without stepping out of of your room.

The dinner and breakfast at the main restaurant was rich and flavorful, which is expected since this is a MIchelin star restaurant. Although we did not get any SPA services, they let us use the facilities and that was very nice of them.

Finally, as we were leaving, they gave us a complimentary box of the desserts since we had been raving about them all day. The pastry chef is truly exceptional (I think he has been on Food Network) and I would highly recommend combining a stay if your visiting the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gtg619x
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Best food I have ever eaten! Some thought better than French Laundry. Decent portions and amazing wines. Service good and friendly but not over the top.they think of everything but relaxing .if you get the opportunity please go!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mairi_ok
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Bardessono
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort

Been to Auberge du Soleil? Share your experiences!