All reviewsoverlooking the valleynapa valleyhalibutmichelin starmain restaurantfour seasonswine countryglass of winesan franciscosilverado trailbeautiful propertymercedessuitespaconciergeluxuryanniversary
Reviewed 3 August 2006

We just returned from a fabulous vacation to Napa/Sonoma including a 2 night stay at Auberge du Soleil. Very expensive, but it was totally worth it. I have never felt so relaxed and pampered. Great service, beautiful view (lower valley view maison room). I wish we had spent all of our time there. I'm ready to go back and definitely will!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank aws70
Reviewed 29 June 2006

Very expensive, but was worth the price! Rooms combine comfort and luxury. Valley view is gorgeous!

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank Kate133
Reviewed 18 June 2006

I got married quietly in a nearby winery and decided to bring a few friends to this restaurant to celebrate. Most of the staff were snobbish, especially the restaurant receptionist. The valets were impolite. The tasting menu is okay, but not worth the price. The service is slow. And the prices on the wine list were very overpriced, for example, a bottle of red Coppola which is normally $35 is almost $200. I would advise that you bring your own bottles and pay the corkage. The average bottle of wine is $400-600.

Finally, the bill took forever to come. This dinner was the black spot on my wedding day. They didn't make it special at all. Skip the restaurant. I really regret booking here. They ruined my evening.

• Stayed: July 2005
13  Thank Seaside2156
Reviewed 29 April 2006

For the complete first-class Napa Valley experience stay at the Auberge du Soleil, have dinner at the French Laundry, and tour Shafer Vineyards (taste their Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select).

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank Journey23970
Reviewed 7 April 2006

My husband booked three nights for us to celebrate my 40th birthday. It was the most wonderful and relaxing retreat. The service was wonderful, attentive but not overly so. There was a birthday cake waiting for me upon arrival and a bottle of champagne. We ate breakfast in our suite each morning and enjoyed watching the rain over the Napa valley. The robes, towel, bath oils provided are all luxurious. Room service was great. The rooms are spacious and romantic. We built fires, soaked in our tub and enjoyed the spa. There's even a great little gym that is fully stocked with equipment, headphones, towels, water etc. Truly 5 star all the way.

It was a total splurge but oh so worth it. This is the perfect romantic getaway destination.

• Stayed: April 2006