“Experiences vary widely”
Review of St. Supery Winery

St. Supery Winery
Ranked #10 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: St. Supéry Estate Vineyards & Winery is a 100% Estate Grown, Napa Valley sustainably farmed winery. We are located in the renowned Rutherford growing region in the heart of Napa Valley. Our vineyards and winery are certified Napa Green. We are proud to be recognized for our exceptional Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon and estate red and white blends. All of our wines are estate grown, produced and bottled. We welcome visitors daily from 10am to 5pm, and we offer unique, interactive wine experiences by appointment. You might even meet our wine dogs, Gigi and Gus!
Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you catch this winery on a not-too-busy day, it can be a great experience. I usually get to try many more wines than at most Napa Valley wineries, and the relatively recent remodel is fabulous. If it is crowded, good luck getting any attention at all. Wines range from good to outstanding. My favorite Sauvignon Blanc, although I was slightly let down by the 2013 compared with past vintages. I come here often, and rarely have the same experience twice. Usually there are library vintages available to taste. Great Rutherford reds.

All reviews
"walk ins"
"outside area"
"enjoy the experience"

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had a wonderful time at St. Supery Winery. This was the second to last stop on our day of wine touring so it was a little sloppy (the visitors that is) by the time we got there. I bought a bottle of their port and they waived the tasting fee.

Sailed aboard the Freda B with St Supery Club to watch the Louis Vuitton
Cup. Excellent wine, especially the Elu, while seeing New Zeeland develop hydraulic problems

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I arrived at the winery at 4:30 PM. Upon entering the winery the lady at the tasting bar said that they were closing at 5:00. I was offered a flight tasting of 5 wines. But felt that I was being pushed when doing the tasting. The lady behind the counter acted as though she was annoyed that I arrived when I did. I had to use the restroom, and was directed where it was. When I walked to the area where the restrooms are located, the lights were off. The winery was still open. When I came back I was reminded once again that the winery was closing and you have 10 minutes. Why would someone say something like that. I was given the impression that all they wanted to do was collect my tasting fee and push me out the door.

I have a vast knowledge of wine and don't like to be prodded through a wine tasting. The wines were not the best that I have tasted. It was very hit and miss. The whites were better than the reds. The winery has a huge tasting bar The price was $20.00 for the basic tasting. I do not recommend this destination. They are too big and forget to add the personal touch which is so critical to good customer relationships.

1  Thank Vinoventures