“VG, but Sold out of the #4 Hewitt”

Provenance Vineyards
Ranked #15 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart Rutherford, Napa Valley's premier Cabernet Sauvignon appellation, Provenance specializes in small-lot Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Sauvignon Blanc wines that showcase the unique personalities of their respective vineyards.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very good tasting room and lawn to sit on, but sold out of the Wine Spectator #4 wine of the year from the Hewitt vineyard. Plan to relax with wine and lunch if the timing is right, there is nice seating on the lawn.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We went to Provenance on a Sunday morning with a group of 6.

Jessica greeted us and took us through a tasting focusing on cabs. Every one of them was very enjoyable and all in the group liked each wine that we sampled. The facility was fine and the wines really stood out. We visited several wineries but my friends kept talking about the cabs from Provenance.

I joined the club and had a couple of follow up questions. Carrie was very helpful and made sure that I received my answers right away.

I was a bit nervous about the winery because they are part of a large corporation, but the wine and the people have both been great. I would recommend visiting them when in Napa.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The tasting experience was too rushed and limited. And despite buying 3 bottles of wine they still didn't comp the single tasting - you have to spend $150 for that to happen.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

There is nothing to tour here, no "grounds" to speak of, so the tasting room (which is nothing to look at) is pretty much it. The server was pleasant and offered to break up the tastings in a way so that both me & my friend could taste all the wines, which was a nice touch. The Hewitt wine (their "reserve/estate" wine) is excellent. Couldn't help but leave here with a case of wine :)

Reviewed 1 April 2013

i had a 2 for 1 coupon for this winery so we stopped on our weekend in wine country. only 2 of the 5 of us were tasting so my non drinking friends were at a table behind us. a man who looked like an owner or boss was asking our pourer about them and not looking pleased that they were not imbibing. it happens people. someone has to drive...

the sauv blanc was really nice as was the zin. i don't normally like zins but theirs was bold and quite frankly amazing. i was ready to purchase some wine but when it came time to pay, my tasting coupon had disappeared and i was told it had expired. that was definitely not the case as i'd double checked on our way in. the whole vibe around this was so strange that i didn't buy a thing and i wouldn't go back in spite of the sauv blanc and zin tasting so good. shame!

1  Thank harbrsl