“One of the best restaurant experiences ever”

Auberge du Soleil Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Soleil Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Rutherford
Price range: US$41 - US$135
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: One of the first great Wine Country establishments, the Michelin rated Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil pays tribute to its legacy with an award-winning menu and wine list. Executive Chef Robert Curry’s inspired cuisine reflects the natural diversity and rich ingredients of California’s Napa Valley and draws from regional produce, accented with Mediterranean flavors. Wine Director Kris Margerum’s wine list, the largest and most extensive in the valley, showcases the very best from neighboring vineyards.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

On a 3 day stay when we ate nothing but Michelin-starred meals for dinner every night, this was by far the best. In fact, I'd say this is probably the best restaurant experience I've had in Wine Country, and I include the French Laundry in there. Yes, French Laundry has better food (at a substantially higher price point), but the combination of food and atmosphere simply can't be beat at Auberge du Soleil. Usually the food suffers at view restaurants; this is one of the few places you get both view and fantastic food. The patio is sublime on a warm night, and it's quiet enough where you can hear the conversation. I won't bore with detailed descriptions of the dishes; just look at the menu and trust that the execution will be amazing. For me, it's primarily about the food, but the overall experience elevates this place even more.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This place is fantastic! Although it is a little expensive, it is worth the splurge. Wife and I each got the 4 course meal, and could not be more please. The food is perfectly cooked and tastes fantastic. The wait staff was very attentive and answered any questions that we had about the meals we chose. Make a reservation ahead and sit on the patio to get the full experience!!

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My husband took me for a birthday dinner along with some close friends. We had a great seat on the deck overlooking the Napa Valley. Breathtaking. We opted for the three course meal and that was more than enough for al of us. I had the poached Maine lobster. It was phenomenal, followed by the local lamb cooked to perfection. For dessert I had the rum custard bamboloni which was prepared with a birthday greeting for me!!!
Greg our server made the evening complete. Pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I went to Auberge for lunch. We were seated outside on the deck with a stunning view of Napa Valley below. The service was very friendly and accommodating, making sure we enjoyed our meal and experience. The food was excellent, elevated, and deserving of a Michelin star. The restaurant clearly calls upon the fresh ingredients available to it, and everything was exquisitely prepared. I had the crudo and pork, but cannot recall what my wife had. My dishes were both very good. There is no question that Auberge is among the best restaurants in Wine Country.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

From the valet to the bathrooms this place smells like only top notch. We ordered the oysters with ginger mignonette fresh inviting along with the fresh shaved horseradish couldnt ask for better quality. The view was breath taking over looking the beautiful napa valley. The presentation of the dessert was over the top! Simply amazing. The Cardamom Pound Cake is a must! Every dish we ordered simply melted in our mouths and couldn't ask for better quality. Lunch was the best I've ever had.