“Waste of money, nice view”

Auberge du Soleil Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Soleil Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Rutherford
Price range: US$41 - US$135
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil offers a fine dining experience from one of the best vantage points in the valley. With 1q consecutive Michelin Stars, Executive Chef Robert Curry’s Mediterranean-inspired cuisine reflects the natural diversity and rich seasonal produce available in the Napa Valley. The Bistro & Bar offers lighter fare throughout the day in a cozy fireside atmosphere or outside on the wraparound deck. The dining outlet provides a great opportunity for guests to explore new wines with an ever changing selection of more than 40 wines by the glass.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Knowing that we were headed to Napa and not being about to secure a reservation for the French Laundry I wanted to surprise my husband with a romantic dinner for our anniversary. The restaurant gave us a great table outside and the view was stunning. Our 8pm reservations gave us amazing sunsets, no bugs and when it got a little chilly, they turned on the overhead heaters. The staff really knows what they are doing and seem like a well oiled machine. The sommelier visited the table and made a great reccomendation based on other wines we liked and it was a perfect choice. Thats really where the good part ends.

When i go to a restaurant, I want to like the food. That is the point, right? The food was downright bad. There was not a course that we liked. We dont eat like this everyday but do have expansive pallets. We will try anything once but this had little to do with what the food was and more of the preparation. I got the wagyu-it was hardly edible. We were so very disappointed. I have had better steaks at Longhorn. The poached lobster was ok but coming from New England it was just that...OK.
The worst part was that we were there to celebrate our anniversary. The couples on either side of us got very attractive desserts with congratulations (engagement) and Happy anniversary and I was waiting for the same thing withour dessert since I had specifically shared this information when making the reservation and with the Matre'd. To no avail. It was disappointing but we will know for next time.
Overall, go for the view, not the food.

3  Thank AlexandSarahConcord
Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I will never forget my "first time" at Auberge. The service was impeccable, the food sublime and they carry a refined collection of wine.

Even though my father-in-law lived nearby, I once convinced my husband to take a suite for the weekend. Ever since then I always try to return if I am within 500 miles of Auberge. The sweeping views of the Napa Valley will take your breath away.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went for breakfast recently and had a mixed experience. We were able to sit outside just before the brunch service began and enjoy the spectacular view. Once we were seated we had someone take our drink order after sitting for about 10 minutes, After about 15 to 20 minutes of waiting for the drinks I had to flag someone down. They retrieved our drinks and apologized and said they would not be charged. It sucked we had to wait but it's also nice to know at a place like this that they don't find that acceptable and do what they can to make up for it. The ambiance was a little weird outside. There were a lot of people out there but it was really quiet, Almost seemed as though everyone felt like they had to whisper or just weren't speaking. As for the food, I had the best huevos rancheros I've ever had. My girlfriend had an omlette that was just okay. You could tell the ingredients were top notch, hers just lacked enough to make it very good. I would like to go back for dinner as I hear it is fantastic.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have eaten lunch here with my husband twice, first in the fall of 2012 and again in the fall of 2013. When I travel to Napa Valley again this fall, I will most likely eat lunch here again. I highly recommend eating at the Bistro Bar and sitting on the patio. The view of Napa Valley from the deck is stunningly beautiful (the drive up the hill to get to the restaurant is as well). The food is average, but the aesthetics from the views to the gorgeous hotel make dining here special.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We had the most perfect lunch experience on the outside Bistro Bar patio. We had a table by the railing overlooking the valley covered with vineyards. We shared the flatbread with hummus, sundried tomato, and eggplant dipping sauces. Each bite was a burst of flavor. Then we shared the Profiteroles, the best ones outside of France. The music was the perfect finishing touch, just the right volume. The waiters were attentive and friendly as well.