“Beautiful Winery”

Peju Province Winery
Ranked #7 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: When Tony and Herta "H.B." Peju relocated to Rutherford from Los Angeles 32 years ago, they brought with them a vision of building a winery, an unwavering work ethic, and two young daughters who soaked in the couple's entrepreneurial spirit and love for Napa's beautiful farmland. They established Peju Province Winery and dedicated themselves to welcoming guests and to crafting exceptional wines from their organically farmed estate vineyard. Still family owned and operated today, Peju Province Winery has transformed over the past 32 years from a simple grape growing venture into a landmark winery celebrated for elegant, complex, and balanced wines in the classic Bordeaux varieties.
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was our second trip to a winery. Our server, Alan was excellent. He sang and entertained us. We also gave us two bonus pours. We really enjoyed it.

1  Thank Ralph F

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped at Peju on our first stop in the Napa valley. We had made arrangements prior to our arrival for a lunch and tasting. Everyone did an amazing job accommodating us! The food & wine were absolutely delightful! We wished we had had more time to go back later that week ...we will definitely plan to visit when we are back in wine country!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I visited as part of a valley wine tour and it was wonderful! With their many tasting bars, we were able to have a tasting in a small group setting, instead of standing shoulder to shoulder with a large crowd of people in a small room. The sommelier was great, knew his product, was energetic and outgoing, and even poured several off-list wines that were great! The grounds were beautiful and the art gallery was a nice touch. We will definitely be returning when we are back in the area!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great experience here. Made an appointment and while we were waiting perused the extensive gift shop filled with books, art, etc. as well as the upstairs art gallery which was also impressive. When it was time for our tasting we were led into the tasting room with a small group of 10 total people and experienced about 6-8 wines with details about each, great conversation and interaction, and a couple of extra pours.

Wines are excellent, we ended up buying 6 bottles right there (and we are not big wine people -- this is our first trip). We just couldn't resist, these were really excellent and surprisingly affordable. Our favorite was the Provence-- which I'm sure we will be re-ordering from their website when its finished up :)

Grounds out front are pretty, would have loved a tour of the vineyard itself or at least a better way to experience it.

I very much recommend you check it out. Make an appointment.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Peju is one of my favorite places to visit in the Napa Valley. I have been to Napa six times, and I always make a stop at Peju. Be sure to ask for Richard Cooksey! He is tremendous, and you will be keeled over in laughter your entire visit. He is one of the most vibrant personalities I have ever met. The Peju wine is wonderful, and their property is breathtaking. They have an extensive list of lovely varietals. I have been a wine club member since 2010 and participate in their annual grape stomp which is quite frankly one of my favorite things to do each year. Definitely check it out!