“Great Fish Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Reno, Nevada
“Great Fish Tacos”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stopped off at Rubios in Sacramento specifically to eat here since we don't have this chain in Reno, NV and were coming to Sac for another reason anyway. We used to eat at Rubio;s in SoCal when we lived down there so we knew what to expect. For the most part we were not disappointed. I seemed to remember that we used to get beans and chips with most of their meals but we didn't get them this time. I don't think that it was an oversight - probably just a change in their menu. We had fish tacos and a shrimp burrito and they were excellent just like we expected. The restaurant was clean and the service was good. One great bonus that I was very happy to see is that Rubio's is still one of the few restaurants offering Vanilla Coke on their soda machine and I love it!!

• Visited September 2013

Napa, California
“We were pleased, but not elated.”
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Don't get me wrong. This restaurant was not bad at all, and in fact was a pretty good deal compared with others in the neighborhood. None of the food was bad, but it varied from dish to dish. Some things were really good, like my wife's spinach and mushroom enchelada. Other things were just ok, like the beans and rice; I found that I could cheerfully eat them, but they didn't stand out as anything special. My combo plate had a pretty good chile relleno and fish taco, but a lackluster tamale. One of our friends had a queso something (I forget the actual name), and it seemed to be cheese with cheese and more cheese (which could be good or bad, depending on what you like). We had a good meal and a nice time with our friends, but we wouldn't make a special effort to eat here again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook