“We were pleased, but not elated.”
Review of Rubio's

Ranked #751 of 2,024 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Don't get me wrong. This restaurant was not bad at all, and in fact was a pretty good deal compared with others in the neighborhood. None of the food was bad, but it varied from dish to dish. Some things were really good, like my wife's spinach and mushroom enchelada. Other things were just ok, like the beans and rice; I found that I could cheerfully eat them, but they didn't stand out as anything special. My combo plate had a pretty good chile relleno and fish taco, but a lackluster tamale. One of our friends had a queso something (I forget the actual name), and it seemed to be cheese with cheese and more cheese (which could be good or bad, depending on what you like). We had a good meal and a nice time with our friends, but we wouldn't make a special effort to eat here again.

There are newer reviews for Rubio's

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook