The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection
US$229
  • Restaurant
US$103
US$100
Best Western Sandman Motel(Sacramento)(Great Value!)
US$83
Travelocity
Delta King(Sacramento)
US$161
US$146
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrange restaurantpolitical cartoonsboutique hoteloffice buildingacross the streetattached restaurantcorner roomjunior suitevalet parkingroom servicekeurig coffee makerrooms are smallmini barstreet noiseheart of downtownstate capitolquiet room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. We were given a 14th floor room and bar credit as it was my husbands birthday which was much appreciated and a nice gesture. Hotel is beautiful inside and out. Rooms our well equipped and perfect in size for us but I can see why some might say they are small by US standards . Walls are thin and can be a tad noisy but ear plugs are provided not helped though by corridor vacuuming at 8am !! Valet service excellent prompt, helpful. Bathroom amenities good. Restaurant and bar always busy.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mutlee
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I really enjoued my recent stay at the Citizen Hotel Though I was there on business the employees there made me feel at home. Leena a nice young lady from the South really puts on the charm. A true Southern Belle she's very inviting and listens to your concerns and should you have a problem Leena immediately takes action. If/ when you stay at the Citizen stop by Grange and enjoy all of there farm to table delights

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if Fri/Sat away from 10th street
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I tend to travel a lot and so I'm always searching for quaint new, hip and out of the norm hotels. This place by far exceeds my expectations. The staff is one of the friendliest and most professional I've encountered during my travels. They train and teach them very well in regards of customer service! The interior had me gawking. The library-esque lobby, the political themed rooms and the soaking tub had me sold from the very beginning. The rooms are small (my suite was average sized), but what it makes up for size is the comfortable bed and relaxing soaking tub. The location was perfect. Right across from the park, lots of drinking and eating options. And most importantly, Starbucks is across the park from the hotel (lol). I have not one complaint of this hotel. I recommend this hotel to business, friend, couple and solo travelers. It might be a bit small for a family. Will definitely be coming back to this hotel on my next trip to Sacramento! Thank you for the wonderful hospitality!!

Room Tip: The soaking tubs are huge and make you want to stay in them forever!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I love this hotel. The first time here I had forgotten my charger. The staff bent over backwards to help me. Finally, a manager leant me his personal charger. The second time here, we brought out Schnauzer because they are pet friendly. They treated us fabulously NO stinky room "reserved" for pet owners. We had a great room with a view, doggie treats, first class treatment. We are also JOIE de Vivre members and love how we are treated. I highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Found this great hotel for a 2-nite layover for a business trip - super nice hotel with some great styling, cool designs and cozy rooms. Great bar and restaurant area with super nice service, great cocktails and good food. Highly recommendable hotel. If ever to visit Sacramento again this is my hotel.......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business