Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport-Natomas
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here for a week with my daughter and son. My daughter is a gold member and they were nice enough to give her an upgrade. The few issues I had with this hotel was when the water shut off and my son was in the shower with soap on his body. They provided us a shower in another hotel across the street. I wrapped my son up and ran to the other hotel. It was traumatizing for my son but things happen and the problem was fixed later that night. Two days later, I go to the hotel from a long night with my kids and there is no water again! So they told us to use the showers in another hotel once again. So it's 3am and my son fell asleep and my daughter and I had to take turns because i did not want to leave my son alone. By the time we were done, it was 4:30am. They told us the water would work by morning. So we were frustrated at this point and wanted to leave but it was too late to drag my kids with our 5 big luggages. Next morning, water still didn't work. We managed to get ready with water bottles that the hotel did provide us. We went on our way to enjoy our vacation even though we were all so tired and annoyed due to the water situation, toilet smelling, etc. I wanted to change hotels but I believe it was our last day or second to last day so I told my daughter to call to find out if the water works because if it didn't we were going to leave to another hotel and it was mid afternoon time and we had enough time to pack and move but the front desk told her the water was working so we came late to the hotel, hoping everything is back to normal and guess what, no water!. No one was picking up the front desk after several calls, my daughter went downstairs and the gentleman told her the water was working fine downstairs. He went to our room and the saw there was no water and provide us with another room (at least this time it was inside the actual hotel!) so we can shower. Next morning, our last day, everything was working fine finally. My daughter spoke to a gentleman downstairs about the situation and he was very rude to her and was not sympathetic at all and was trying to tell her about not having water in Afghanistan for days. Like, seriously what the hell, is that even necessary? My daughter hung up and decided to speak to the general manager. He was extremely nice. He apologized for the inconvenience and the behavior of the employee and compensated us. Yes the rooms were very clean but I guess i came in a bad week where the water kept breaking, lucky me!. I gave it 3 stars because although we experienced a few bad nights, the rooms and surrounding areas were kept clean. I felt safe around the property due to a security guard riding his bike around the hotel even at 3am. I did not have time to eat any of the food there. There were several places to eat in very close distance. Would I come back to this hotel? Probably yes. I understand mistakes happen that are unpreventable and the general manager tried to make it right as best as he could and I truly respect that from a hotel when issues like this occurs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Spent a single night here. Very comfortable room and the staff was efficient and friendly. Close to the airport and various restaurants within 5 miles. The only downside might be no nightlife (bars, clubs) nearby to relax after a long day. Still, recommended! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Homewood Suites. The hotel and grounds were well kept. Our room was more than sufficient with a small kitchen which met all of our needs. Very comfortable beds too. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times when attending concerts in Sacramento. It's a short and safe 10 minute walk to the arena. The facilities are very clean. The staff is very professional and nice. The breakfast selection met our needs. If you want to eat out there are numerous restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

dont't get a room near the exit door. they are very noisy. the complimentary evening meal was very good. saved having to go back out for dinner. (although their were several restaurantss nearby) very nice pool area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Traveling for work and spent one night with a late check-out. Lots of amenities close by - shopping, gas, restaurants. Spacious rooms. Nice location. Attractive grounds. The pool looked nice and clean, but I didn't have time to use it. The breakfast room was a little cramped- try to get there early.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stay at a lot of Homewood's and this one is up to par. I wasn't enthralled with the location - nothing special, a few miles out of town, closer to the airport, a little windswept in the afternoon. The room was good, typical for the brand, clean and in good shape. I got a courtyard-facing room which was probably quieter than the freeway or street side rooms. I had a good quiet stay. Staff was friendly and professional and the free meals were good. I did not take advantage of the pool or gym. Sometimes I stay at the Hampton Inn in nearby West Sacramento for an equally consistent quality night's stay. Both options give you good bang for your buck and you get what you're expecting from the brand. A good choice in the Sacramento area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard will have less ambient street noise.