“Super Clean and Quite”

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
Ranked #6 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
“Super Clean and Quite”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We had a busy weekend in Sacramento and the Hilton Garden Inn brought no nasty surprises at all. Check in took seconds. The room was clean and quite. The bed was comfy and the shower worked fine -- with plenty of hot water. Our room was on the side away from the freeway and we couldn't hear a thing. Not sure about the other side.

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs on the side away from the freeway. It was quite, and close to parking.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sonoraguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Beijing
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This hotel is a charming place! Very pretty rooms, very nice interiors. The territory is very clean.
Service is quick and good. The staff are polite and helpful. However, there is nothing that makes the hotel special. Something is missing.
I asked for a late check out and they granted it without aditional fees.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 526Kungfuman
North Carolina
Reviewed 18 September 2011

When one searches for hotels near airports one must be careful. This is the perfect place, about 9 miles from the airport. It is a Hilton so you can expect nice, very nice. The comfort bed system was a nice surprise as was the "pantry" where you can pick up incidentals and snacks. I went for the little cup of B&J's Cherry Garcia. We went for a lovely swim. Pool was clean and well maintained. I had a problem printing my boarding pass in the business center. Chris at the front desk took care of it. One nice note: if you are road weary ask for the menu for Good Friends Chinese delivery menu. Probably the best chinese food I have ever had eat in or take out. The desk can also provide other menus. We began the next morning with a made to order hot breakfast, omelets, bacon, fruit. Can't beat a Hilton

Room Tip: I always ask for a room in the most quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mwjack
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 7 September 2011

HGI has been my hotel brand of choice when travelling and while in the Sacramento area with some family, the HGI Sacramento/So. Natomas provided that consistency that I'm used to.

This location is tucked away off the Hwy. 99 in a quiet business park adjacent to a residential area. It's off the beaten path which can prove to be a nice haven after a long day.

The front desk check in process was quick and friendly, I'm sure it helps being a Hilton HHonors member! From the front desk is a view of their awesome pool, which looked so tempting on that hot Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to enjoy it but, it was certainly calling my name.

The room I was in was on the 3rd floor. The furnishings weren't brand spanking new but was contemporary and the room smelled and felt clean, which is what's most important. We were in a room with two beds which were way comfortable. As always, the free internet is always nice and having a refrigerator and a microwave, even if I didn't use the microwave! The bathroom was spacious and I liked how this location had an adjustable shower head if you wanted a spray or pulsating effect. I read the reviews about the noise from the freeway. I'm a light sleeper and I can honestly say I didn't notice any noise. The A/C was on the entire night, which maybe softened any outside noise but even then, the A/C was quiet, almost soothing!

During my visit, I went to the vending machine to get a bottle of water, not too bad as the vending machine only charged $0.75! I had $2 in my hand as that's usually the going rate at 99% of every hotel I go to! Unfortunately, the vending machine ate my dollar, gave me $0.25 and didn't dispense my water. I just shrugged it off, it was only three quarters. However, when I checked out the next morning, I mentioned it to them just so they can be sure the machine is checked. They were quite apologetic about it and offered me a bottle of water from their little shop. I thought that was nice gesture even if I didn't want a replacement bottle.

Overall, would I stay here again? I certainly would!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank norcalnick
tripandfun3
Reviewed 6 September 2011

As soon as we walked in we were greeted by name. He took a guess I think, anyway he was right it was us. It was a very quick check in. The room was clean, & they had a microwave and refrigerator that was a plus. The only negative thing = the beds, they were small I think a full not a queen. So, my husband and I could not sleep in the same bed. But other than that a good experience overall.

San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Ok for the price. The room was a little run down *chair had hole in it, desk scratched up* and airconditioner or bathromm smelled of mold. Did not spend much time at hotel, just sleeping. Grounds looked nice. Would agree with previous review of staying away from pool side rooms if you are going to try for quiet during the day. Next time we will probalby try the Marriott around the corner. Have also Stayed at the Hampton Suites up the street, which was better. This whole area is in an office/industrial park with alot of offices and government buildings. Very little traffic or people on the weekends. About a mile to Starbucks, Carl Jr., misc liquor store. About 15 miles from airport. 1 mile to River resturants, like Chevy's. Easy access to I 5

Nor Cal
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We spent one night here while on a girls shopping trip to Sacramento. I choose this hotel based on its reviews and price through Expedia.com. We were very happy with our choice and would stay here again in a heartbeat. The down side to this hotel is that there are not a lot of food choices within walking distance but it does have great accessibility to both I-5 and I-80. The rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel pool was large and inviting with plenty of chairs and shade. There is a Starbucks and Togo’s just around the corner but if you’re looking for more than that you better plan on bringing your car.

1 Thank Eavabug