“Very clean and comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
Ranked #6 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Bakersfield, California
“Very clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions and I always enjoy a very positive experience. I feel like Norm on Cheers as each of the staff knows who I am when I check-in. The service is excellent. The hotel location is easily accessible to shopping and restaurants. This is a great place for travelers because it provides easy access off and on I-5.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank scottlove
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of our hotel! I am thrilled that the team members make you feel at home and I will share your comments with them so they know positive impact they have on your experience. We truly appreciate your repeat business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights during our stay in Sacramento.
The receptionist was very friendly and helpful as we asked if we could extend our stay by one night (we've only booked the first night in advance). They even matched the price we've payed on hotels.com for the second night. And let me say that the price is very competitive for what you get.
The room was very nice and clean, I loved the adjustable mattress, you can decide the softness with a dial on the side of the bed for your perfect sleeping comfort.
There is a small mall aerea with a few fast food restaurants in medium walking distance, but for everything else you wont be happy without a car.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendliness of our team members. Once again thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and we hope to be of service once again in the near future.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed here on the tail end of a trip and found it to be a very cozy, sort of boutique like Garden Inn. There is ample parking, check in staff are friendly, free wi-fi, and a really nice breakfast buffet for the price. We also had room service one night and that was fast and tasty as well. The hotel is located conveniently to Sacramento airport, as well as the rest of the town. It was an easy drive both to the Arden Fair mall and to the capitol. Only tip I would suggest is to find it using a GPS - it is hidden and we would have had much difficulty finding it without one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments and your 5 star review of your stay. I have shared your comments with our team and thanked them for a job well done. Once again thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to your next visit.
Eureka, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn has nicely-decorated, spacious rooms with comfortable beds. The only complaint I have is the air conditioner. It is extremely noisy when it cycles on and off, so it kept waking me up. There was not an option to keep the fan on at a certain temperature. To make matters worse, the air had a stale quality even when the air conditioner was on.

I appreciated the on-time shuttle to the airport, and the prompt pick-up after my return flight to Sacramento. The driver was very helpful and friendly, as were all the other hotel employees. But because the main reason to stay at a hotel is to sleep, I'm downgrading my rating for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Suzanne C
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the positive comments regarding our airport shuttle and the helpfulness of our team members. I do apologize for the noisy HVAC unit and have shared your comments with our maintenance team. Once again thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and we hope to serve you again in the future.
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 29 March 2012

As a weekly traveler, I prefer HGI's for mid-sized city business travel. You always get a decent, well-appointed room with a comfortable bed. Also important are the lobbies with comfortable seating, a small bar and decent if not gourmet food. Sometimes you just don't feel like going out. The advantage to HGI's is the consistency from location to location. The HGI Sacramento is not up the expected standard. The rooms are the same but its location right next to I-5 is very noisy. The lobby is OK but there is no bar and the restaurant is not as good as most. The great location will bring me back but with less than positive expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento. I have shared your comments with my food & beverage team and apologize for your substandard experience. Please feel free to contact me directly before your next visit so that I can ensure you experience an oustanding stay. We truly value your business and hope to see you soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed for one night on business. Pleasant staff checked me in, were helpful in placing me in a quiet room. I was disappointed at the lack of upgrade, given that I am Diamond and the hotel was only about 80% full. Not that big a deal ... because the regular rooms are spacious and well appointed. Recent furniture, well cleaned and HGI has a great breakfast.

The one con would be the thinness of the walls - you can hear neighbors. The pros are parking/location, good service, and the breakfast. Rooms are spacious for the chain.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Danhedonia
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My co-workers and I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn twice on business. The front staff was very nice, the rooms were clean, and breakfast is good.

It is a great deal for the price!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business