Clean and mostly quiet, this hotel suffers from its poor location (in the middle of nowhere if you want to walk to food or just take a walk) and pandering to the worst instincts of the American traveler.
Free breakfast includes sugared yogurt, sugary cereals, white flour biscuits, gluey gravy (gross), processed meat-food products (sausage?), sweetened peanut butter packets and--their famous sugary cinnamon rolls!!! You can make do with boiled eggs and bananas, but don't count on them lasting.
I was there attending a class and the ever-helpful staff brought us MORE sugary goodies as an afternoon snack--brownies! cookies! cupcakes! Because, we didn't have enough sugar yet! To be fair, staff also put out a well-appreciated tray of raw veggies. But I'm human and it's hard work turning down every last chocolate-covered sweet carb when it's all around you. My classmates, all health professionals, scarfed down the sweets, too, and, I suspect, felt the same self-loathing we all do when we give in to our addictions. With diet-induced fatty liver disease and diabetes still on the rise, it is unconscionable to encourage this behavior.
Meanwhile, one must drive four miles or so away to find a healthy restaurant or good grocery.
There is a fridge and microwave in the room if you have a car or bring groceries. This was my refuge for the four days I was stuck there.
The swimming pool is located on the north side of the building, so it was in shade by the time I got out of class. Even Sacramento in summer doesn't warm up that north-side pool. :(
Next time, I'm hoping the classes are held in a more diverse food environment with better options for enjoying a walk or taking a swim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hotel Sacramento Northeast, Cal Expo Area.The hotel is conveniently located off I-80 East, Capital City Freeway, just minutes away from Sacramento Airport, the Sacramento City Center, and the Convention Center. Imagine having all the space and tools you need for business: high-speed Internet, a specialized work area in your room and a complimentary business center. And you re just minutes away from world class shopping, dining, entertainment and all the adventures that Sacramento has to offer. Our complimentary area and airport shuttle will pick you up!No matter what brings you to the Sacramento area, your room at our hotel is your personal retreat. We offer comfort with luxury bedding, plush towels, modern decor and 32 flat screen HDTV with plenty of premium cable, sports and movie channels. Stay fit at our complimentary fitness center or enjoy the California sun at our outdoor pool.Enjoy our hot complimentary breakfast with possibly world s most delicious cinnamon rolls! Businesses and organizations near the hotel include Sacramento State University, NEC, HP, and Kaiser. Nearby attractions include Sacramento Zoo, Cal Expo, and Casino Royal and many more!! Our friendly staff welcomes you to experience the new fresh look and feel of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, IHG, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Sacramento Ne Cal Expo
- Holiday Inn Express Sacramento
- Motel 6 Sacramento