Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo
Ranked #32 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

They said in their web site that this location is new why the beds are so messed up after a nite here I was awake all nite and my back all messed up I am gonna send them my Drs bill I t is a shame that we have to pay for this kind of service I just came to suffer

• Stayed: July 2014
Monique E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank You for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay with us. We have addressed this issue with our respective departments. We hope to make your stay much more comfortable the next time you give us an opportunity to do so.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My hubby came to a conference somebody chose this hotel for us . Staff very nice , the hotel looks like new the beds are the problem I felt all the springs poking at my back , very painful no body to help I went to the front desk and the guy there very nice gave me two comforters when I was about to put them one was with blood stains honestly 130 Dlls a nite for me that was gross , somebody needs to better train there housekeeping dept . Very noisy

• Stayed: July 2014
Monique E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We all sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. It is very rare we receive negative comments about the comfort of our mattresses, as we have Serta Sleepers that are less than five years old. I have addressed the housekeeping issues to the entire staff to ensure these issues do not happen to any future guests. I truly appreciate all feedback (good or bad) as it helps us to improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We always stay here when we go to Midnight Madness Softball Tournament at freedom park. Rooms are roomy and clean. Closest nice/clean/value hotel to softbl complex. Breakfast is free but not great. Never have had a problem with noise here

• Stayed: September 2013
Monique E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us year after year during your softball tournaments! We strive to provide excellent service and a clean and comfortable stay for your group every time you return. See you again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent value for the money. Stayed here during a recent business trip to Sacramento. Monique, the GM, was excellent, as were all the staff I interacted with. I was in a wheelchair accessible room, and it was very spacious and clean. The desk had plenty of space to work at, with good lighting and decent wifi. Breakfast was typical for these types of hotels - decent options, but nothing exceptional. I had a car and there were plenty of good restaurants within a 5 minute drive. We were right off the freeway, but there was no issue in my room with freeway noise. Getting downtown for meetings in the mornings was very easy - very minor traffic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jenjaye
Monique E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We really appreciate your great comments and I will be passing them on to all the staff! It is guests like you that keep our jobs fun and exciting! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This property is not a great location if you want to walk to restaurants, however, we were there for a wedding located at the nearby Croation Center. The hotel provided a free shuttle for all guests which allowed guests to enjoy the celebration. The reservations department was very helpful in making room changes and upgrades. The room was large and clean, wifi was fast, breakfast was average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are very glad you enjoyed our accommodations and that we were able to assist you in enjoying the celebration on your friend or family member's special day. We all hope to see you next time your in Sacramento! Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Clean and mostly quiet, this hotel suffers from its poor location (in the middle of nowhere if you want to walk to food or just take a walk) and pandering to the worst instincts of the American traveler.

Free breakfast includes sugared yogurt, sugary cereals, white flour biscuits, gluey gravy (gross), processed meat-food products (sausage?), sweetened peanut butter packets and--their famous sugary cinnamon rolls!!! You can make do with boiled eggs and bananas, but don't count on them lasting.

I was there attending a class and the ever-helpful staff brought us MORE sugary goodies as an afternoon snack--brownies! cookies! cupcakes! Because, we didn't have enough sugar yet! To be fair, staff also put out a well-appreciated tray of raw veggies. But I'm human and it's hard work turning down every last chocolate-covered sweet carb when it's all around you. My classmates, all health professionals, scarfed down the sweets, too, and, I suspect, felt the same self-loathing we all do when we give in to our addictions. With diet-induced fatty liver disease and diabetes still on the rise, it is unconscionable to encourage this behavior.

Meanwhile, one must drive four miles or so away to find a healthy restaurant or good grocery.
There is a fridge and microwave in the room if you have a car or bring groceries. This was my refuge for the four days I was stuck there.

The swimming pool is located on the north side of the building, so it was in shade by the time I got out of class. Even Sacramento in summer doesn't warm up that north-side pool. :(

Next time, I'm hoping the classes are held in a more diverse food environment with better options for enjoying a walk or taking a swim.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank healthy_traveler_7
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear healthy_traveler_7,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am delighted to read that found our hotel clean. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the quality and variety of food, location, and the service received. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This young lady was fabulous, she took care of a few issues we encountered with true professionalism. Overall stay was enjoyable. The food at breakfast was fine and again the staff was very helpful here as well. The kids loved the waffle maker.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Monique E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

What an awesome review! Thank you for your great comments! We have a great team and we are very happy we made your stay so enjoyable! Hope to see you soon!