“Great for short stays” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Angmering, West Sussex
“Great for short stays”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We booked this hotel on line the day before and based that selection solely on price, proximity to Old Sacramento and the fact that Days Inn have always been good in the past. It didn't let us down. Suprisingly, for an area so close to the Freeway, it was nice and quiet. The guy on the desk was friendly and efficient, taking his time giving us clear directions when we went out in the evening. The room was good, nice and clean with effective air conditioning. The only downside, which stopped this being a 4 Star review was the stink of cigarette smoke in the corridors, it really was unpleasant. Not sure if it's always like this or if it was a particular, chainsmoking guest in a nearby room. As I say apart from that, really good value for money if you're looking for an overnighter in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Leicestershire Engalnd
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very good hotel if you are in town for one night or a couple. Good sized rooms. Very clean and comfy. hotel staff very friendly. As we had an upstairs room we could have the window open at night. Fun to watch folk trying to cook the waffles at the complimentary breakfast!

Room Tip: Have a 1st floor room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Garden Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Came upon this hotel as we needed a place to stay. So glad we found it! Newly painted exterior was a welcoming flag to us. Place was clean and right on the Sacramento and American Rivers, making for a very nice bicycle ride that evening and to begin the next day, with views of the Sacramento skyline and Capitol building from the American River trail. Nice!
Place is smaller and more personal than some of the surrounding hotels. Nice, clean, restful stay. Thank you!

Room Tip: There was some vagrants around the nearby River park, but everything was safe.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
El Mirage, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that I normally don't review hotels but I was so disappointed with this hotel and the management that I decided to review it. I picked this hotel not only because of easy access to Hwy 5 but primarily because I was traveling with dogs and needed wired internet to do some work. When I had called the hotel earlier in the week, I was advised they had wired internet, but when I arrived and got checked in, the wired internet was not working in my room.

I contacted the front desk where the girl told me there was only wireless internet- I told her that I was advised earlier in the week that there was wired internet and she reassured me that no in fact there wasn't. I mentioned that I chose this hotel specifically for that and she was nice and apologized but did not offer any sort of assistance to try to help me ( I'm guessing since now I know she was knew, she probably just wasn't sure what to do). Since I was already checked in and the dogs were settled, I wound up staying but was not able to complete my work and lost out on money because of this.

The area is very shady-a lot of homeless/drunk people wandering the street right outside of the hotel- I did not even feel comfortable walking my dogs down the block. As far as the room was concerned, it was an ok room- the mattress was pretty uncomfortable- you could feel the springs and the room felt a little dingy. The bathroom was ok and there were clean towels and sheets on the bed. The room definitely could use updating- the tv was old and made a high pitched humming noise when I turned it on so I didn't use it.

I spoke to the manager the next morning when I checked out and he was not very nice. I asked for a discount on the room because I had lost out on several hours of work and he refused. He said that it was my fault that I did not physically go down to the front desk even though I called and he also said that I should have known that the girl I had spoken to was new and because she was new, she had given me the incorrect information. I advised him that I had tried getting the internet to work wired and it wasn't and he said I should have asked for a technician to look at it. I asked him why I would do that if his employee said that there was no wired internet and he said that I should have still asked. He also said that I should have spoken to the girl at the desk the night before about a discount, even though she wasn't a manager and that I already had a low rate (military rate which was an advertised price on the Days Inn website). Needless to say, he refused to help me at all or offer me any sort of discount due to the inconvenience.

I have stayed in many a hotel over the last several years and am not that picky but I can say without a doubt that this was the worst customer service I have ever received and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you can stay somewhere else, I would suggest you do.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank celise14
sunnySacramento, Manager at Days Inn Sacramento Downtown, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.com. We apologize for the inconveniences during your past stay at our motel. Make sure that your each and every comments will be addressed, and try to improve our best during your next stay. We know that you were very disappointed during your last stay. For that disappointment we would love to give you 20% discount during your next stay.

Thank you again for your reply on tripadvisor. If I can be any assist to you, don't hesitate to contect me at (916) 443-4811.