“A Hidden Treasure!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Rosa, California
“A Hidden Treasure!”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We have been staying is Sacramento over the last 5 years while visiting our daughter, and often stayed and the least expensive places. The weekend of 2/18 we had reserved a room for 2 nights at The Red Lion Inn hotel which we had stayed twice before. After experiencing the lack of quality(no internet that they previously had, leaking roof, located in a room at the back of the property because the wing attached to the lobby had NO heat, etc.) that was there previously, we checked out after 1 night. We went to my daughters home to use the internet and booked our second night at LARKSPUR LANDING. We got a great deal on a 1 room suite w/ kitchen. The staff was incredibly nice, extremely efficient and kind. After being there a few hours, we decided to extend our weekend another day and booked the room for the next night too. We had known the Larkspur Landing was there but just never took the opportunity to book a room with them. I will probably NEVER stay ANYWHERE ELSE when we come to Sacramento! (travel there 4-5 times a year). Corey M. Santa Rosa, CA

Room Tip: Book room ASAP because they fill up!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CoreyMason49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hebrew first
Newark, ca
Reviewed 2 May 2011

My fiance and I traveled to Sac for our high school alumni soccer game at Encina not to far from this hotel. We've stayed here before but never really utilized the facilities but did notice that there was a grill outside near the entrance. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for our friends and other alumni to get together after the game to relive the event and catch up as well - especially since it was so close.

Their front desk manager, Ryan, was super helpful in setting that up ahead of time and getting us an early check in so that we would be able to take all our prepared food and put it in the room's kitchen so it would be fresh when we came back from the game.

The BBQ was great and the little seating area and covering provided the perfect shade and relaxing area for our group after a long game against the current HS team. We got tons of compliments on how cool it was that there was a BBQ spot for the guests to use and we even got a chance to meet some of the other guests who were drawn to the smell of some good food. I even noticed that they had a private room where someone was having a baby shower too!!

We had an awesome time, as usual, and we look forward to our next trip to Sac to stay here again

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmleczko
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 15 March 2011

This was my first time staying here. It was very confortable, clean, well maintained. The staff were very friendly and approachable. I will be coming back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mangelo_11
Fresno, California
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My bf and I needed to go to Sacramento State for business, so we wanted a hotel close to Sac State so that we didn't need to drive too far. I chose this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The room was perfectly clean with a modern TV. The wireless internet was also pretty fast and free. They had a lot of other free amenities: free parking, free fitness room usage, free internet, free laundry room usage (machines are coin operated, but do not require any money), and free breakfast. This hotel was worth it because of the money we saved from not having to buy breakfast and pay to do the laundry. The area also looked pretty safe...was in a business district. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank khportillo
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 4 March 2011

The most comfortable and welcoming stay ever. In Sac for training. This was my second stay and I looked forward to this trip. One week away from home but I felt at home quickly - except the bed was better. I plan to buy one!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
East Bay, Ca
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I stay at Larkspur chains alot. So I figured the service would be on the same standards as the SSF and Folsom locations- "NOT"

I was looking forward to relaxing with a cup of coffee after a long day and evening at my convention. The coffee was horrible and low and behold they were out of cream. I asked for a wake-up call at 5:30am. i was called at 5:00am. I was not happy. I already had a long day the day before and I needed every bit of my rest. That same morning now (Sunday) they were still out of cream- not something a coffee drinker wants to hear. After arriving back from a long 2nd day at my convention I asked for extended checkout which would be 1:00pm. The front desk night attendant stated "no problem". Next morning at 11:30am house-keeping barges in, scaring me half to death and asked " Are you checking out". I explained to her i was offered extended checkout. At this point I'm ready to leave and just forget about the extra checkout time. For the amount I paid for this small suite i felt the service was unacceptable. i will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank N_Franklin
btaormino, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Dear N_Franklin,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I must say, I am disappointed to read about your experience. This is not at all indicative of the level of service we pride ourselves in delivering. Your feedback has been shared with the team and will be used as part of our continuous improvement process. Please accept my sincere apologies for the obvious inconveniences caused. I hope that you will reach out to me directly should your travels return you to Sacramento and give us another opportunity to provide the service you should expect.
Chicago
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I left another Sacramento hotel to try this one based on Tripadvisor reviews and fortunately was not disappointed. The hotel lobby was comfortable and the staff at night and the next morning had a comfortable friendliness that did not seem artificial. The room was clearly refurbished or remodeled but the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. There were many families and although I was on business I could tell my family would like it. It was within walking distance of several restaurants. The price I paid was also reasonable.

• Stayed February 2011