“Truly an ideal location!”

Larkspur Landing Sacramento
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, CA.
“Truly an ideal location!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Location was central, with continental breakfast, several eateries WITHIN parking lot!!
What a savings for anyone, business or pleasure or families!
Fresh & nicely appointed; writing desk for business tasks.

Would recommend anytime!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Zen77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hebrew first
San Jose
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We booked a two room suite here for one night over labor day weekend. We requested a top floor room with early arrival. We arrived shortly after 2 pm (check-in is 3) and were told no rooms on the top floor were ready and if we wanted one, we would have to wait. Which we did. Apparently the maid rushed to get the room ready for us because there was a bottle cap and feathers on the floor in the bedroom. Did she bother to vacuum?

The two room suite has a kitchen however, no living area. There is a queen size bed in what would be the living room area. There is a separate bedroom with another queen bed. We were stunned to find no air conditioning unit in the separate bedroom. A fan was provided to blow the air in from the kitchen/living area. Being that we like our room cold when we sleep, this was quite disappointing.

There are nice touches such as the welcome basket in the kitchen area. The hotel was quiet and it seems to be located in a safe area. If you get a room on the opposite side of the hotel lobby facing the abandoned car dealership, note that you might be woke up by the garbage truck emptying the dumpsters. We saw the dumpsters out our window when we arrived and were thankful we were staying on a holiday weekend, however at 7 am on Memorial Day, the garbage man showed up to empty the dumpsters.

This was ok for a one night stay at a reasonable price but not sure if I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank CA4Fun
Northern California
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed just one night at this hotel and it exceeded our expectations in almost every way. Room and bathroom were immaculately clean. Linens for bed and bath high quality. Nice welcome basket of trailmix, fruit bar & coffee/tea on kitchen counter. Large TV with free DVDs you could borrow from hotel. Free Internet access. We prefer staying at hotels away from freeway noise, and this was perfect. Morning breakfast was plentiful and good variety. They have a "spa tub and fitness area" that we did not use. The hotel is located in back of a small shopping area, where there are a few restaurants. They offer a "grocery shopping service" and also laundry which would be nice for business travelers who might be staying several days.

Room Tip: Internet advance purchase gets the lowest price
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BirdingMaven
Central California
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I hesitate to write this because I am afraid that next time I go to Sacramento it will be booked from all the great reviews! This place is a hidden gem. I travel to Sacramento for business frequently and I usually stay at the Hyatt because of its proximity to the Capitol (I am in Government Relations). Several weeks ago, I tried making a reservation at the Hyatt but they were booked for the Memorial Day holiday. I later found out that their was a jazz festival in town the same weekend as the event I attended...a KISS concert (which needs a review in itself---what a weird experience!). The only hotel available was the Larkspur so I booked it and crossed my fingers. I am very picky and hard to please. I did not want a crummy place ruining my weekend with my son. When I drove up (it's set back from the street so you might miss it) I was pleasantly surprised. Beautiful trees, wonderful landscaping and AMPLE free parking. I usually park my car valet at the Hyatt and it is such a hassle getting it in and out during my stay. Not to mention the fact that I am "tip poor" by the time I get to my room. The lobby is cozy and clean and sort of has a family den-type feel. So far, so good. We stayed in the double suite set up which worked out well because my grown son needs his space. The layout was a little odd because the queen bed is pretty much the sitting area so if you want to sit and chat, you have to sit at the kitchen table area but that didn't bother us too much. The room wasn't very fancy, quite plain in fact, but it was super clean which is more important to me than cherry wood furniture. I've been in many a 4-star hotel and found interesting items on the floor, in the bed and in the bathtub so expensive doesn't necessarily mean clean. Now here's the part I LOVED...the trees right outside my window. Instead of looking at a parking lot or buildings, we had a wonderful, peaceful view. I really felt like I was out in the country. The staff is by far the most friendly I have ever come across in my travels. I felt like they really liked their jobs. I don't know how to say this without sounding weird but this place has a real positive vibe. I didn't even mind the fact that it doesn't have a bar. Doesn't need one! There must be something in their water because it was the most relaxed and comfortable I've ever felt in a hotel. I felt like it was home. The beds are divine. I usually need a night or two before I can fall asleep easily in a hotel but here I was out like a light the minute my head hit the pillow and I slept through the night. No noise, no traffic, no loud, obnoxious people. It was a very organic experience. I will stay here again and I will definitely tell my friends and co-workers. Larkspur Landing is a winner. And as an aside, there is a sushi place in walking distance that is to die for...Tokyo Fro.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank drtmp
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We have been staying is Sacramento over the last 5 years while visiting our daughter, and often stayed and the least expensive places. The weekend of 2/18 we had reserved a room for 2 nights at The Red Lion Inn hotel which we had stayed twice before. After experiencing the lack of quality(no internet that they previously had, leaking roof, located in a room at the back of the property because the wing attached to the lobby had NO heat, etc.) that was there previously, we checked out after 1 night. We went to my daughters home to use the internet and booked our second night at LARKSPUR LANDING. We got a great deal on a 1 room suite w/ kitchen. The staff was incredibly nice, extremely efficient and kind. After being there a few hours, we decided to extend our weekend another day and booked the room for the next night too. We had known the Larkspur Landing was there but just never took the opportunity to book a room with them. I will probably NEVER stay ANYWHERE ELSE when we come to Sacramento! (travel there 4-5 times a year). Corey M. Santa Rosa, CA

Room Tip: Book room ASAP because they fill up!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CoreyMason49
Newark, ca
Reviewed 2 May 2011

My fiance and I traveled to Sac for our high school alumni soccer game at Encina not to far from this hotel. We've stayed here before but never really utilized the facilities but did notice that there was a grill outside near the entrance. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for our friends and other alumni to get together after the game to relive the event and catch up as well - especially since it was so close.

Their front desk manager, Ryan, was super helpful in setting that up ahead of time and getting us an early check in so that we would be able to take all our prepared food and put it in the room's kitchen so it would be fresh when we came back from the game.

The BBQ was great and the little seating area and covering provided the perfect shade and relaxing area for our group after a long game against the current HS team. We got tons of compliments on how cool it was that there was a BBQ spot for the guests to use and we even got a chance to meet some of the other guests who were drawn to the smell of some good food. I even noticed that they had a private room where someone was having a baby shower too!!

We had an awesome time, as usual, and we look forward to our next trip to Sac to stay here again

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmleczko
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 15 March 2011

This was my first time staying here. It was very confortable, clean, well maintained. The staff were very friendly and approachable. I will be coming back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple